Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Brand Loyal
|

For the love of all things Guerlain

There is a line that has buried itself in my heart (and my pocketbook), and it is Guerlain.  I know Im not the only one out there.  I thought I would start this thread for the discussion of all things Guerlain, skin care, makeup, perfume, places to get good gwp or good samples.  Experiences people have had, looks people have created with the products.  

For me it all started with a makeover by Guerlain's own Marie Line at my local Neiman Marcus.  She spent an hour with me and I left feeling calm and happy.  

As a mother of 4 year old twins and as a doctor I spend my live rushing through the day, often without enough sleep, more often without enough water, taking care of everyone else.  It shows on my face, in the fatigue in my eyes, in the puffiness and dark circles under them.  While I have been blessed with good skin it can be confused, aging (I bought my guerlain the day prior to my 40th birthday), but still with an oily t zone, and with patchy dry spots on my cheeks likely from the dry air in my medical work environment.  One of the things she said to me was- make it about a ritual for you, and dont leave it until your going to fall asleep.  I walked out with the orchidee imperiele gel cream, eye and lip cream and white/brightenining serum.  It was a birthday gift to myself.  And now every night I sit down for 15 minutes and wash my face and slowly carry through the ritual.  a ritual of energy expended and renewed.  Breathing in the soft smell of the orchids.  Im still using a cleanser and exfoliator from another line given how much I spent, but I have seen substantial change in my face in the 3 weeks since.  

so thats my story, and I would love to share a discussion with other lovers of Guerlain, especially as we eagerly anticipate the 2015 holiday collection.

Guerlain-Holiday-2015-Neiges-Merveilles.jpg

guerlainparis.jpg

Re: For the love of all things Guerlain

I received my new Rouge G yesterday; if anyone was wondering, it's actually a shade from the permanent line: #28 Genna

s1914118-main-Lhero.jpg

@lachaton do you know if the packaging is similar to its permanent counterparts? i'm considering buying this for a friend, but don't know much about the quality of limited edition guerlain products

@whitepolkydots The packaging is the same as my other (silver) Rouge G. It just has the printed design on the front. It is similar to the LE Rouge G from Holiday 2015 collection.

Thanks for letting us know it is just Genna repackaged. I can pass now. 

@lachaton Pretty! What collection is that from?

@lmi82 This is the Chinese New Year lipstick for 2017!

@lachaton Thank you! 🙂

I tried the lipsticks from the spring 2017 collection. They are very pink, but pretty. The three photos on the right were in store lighting. Left is natural light (North facing window). 

564 is a light pink, 565 has a little more pop. 

I also tried the LE blush & meteorites. They had too much glitter for my tastes, so I passed. 

IMG_7832.JPG

@SheWhoSkis  I ordered 564.  I see I may also have to get 565!  I agree with you about the Meteorites; they also dulled my skin.  I wish Guerlain would stop putting those mega glitter balls in with the other shades of pearls.  Thanks for sharing.

Those are pretty pinks, perfect for spring. Thanks for the swatches and pics.

For Canadians - the Chinese New Year Peony Red Rouge G is available at Sephora:

http://www.sephora.com/rouge-exceptional-complete-lip-colour-P416136?skuId=1914118&om_mmc=oth-bt-ric...

Ouch $74!!

guerlain.jpg

LE Happy Glow Perls lists 1oz of product for $74 on Nordstrom app. Regular only has 0.88 oz for $62, which comes out to $70.45/oz. LE is still more than regular per oz, but it's not as bad as it seems looking at absolute price (rather than cost per ounce). 

Slightly less expensive than the holiday 2015 Meteorites but in the same range - packaging must be the reason for the increase, I'd assume 😕

That price. Yikes! 

This is nothing new for most people here, but it is for me:

GuerlainMeteorites_7.jpg

My very first meteorites...!  

(that I just managed to break open today) 

GuerlainMeteorites_8.jpg

Can't wait to use them tomorrow. 

Guerlain does gorgeous packaging. 

Yay, congrats to a lifetime of glamour! 

I also just picked up my first Meteorites today! Congrats to the both of us 😄 I got the permanent edition in 03 Medium, because Clair would lighten my complexion. The packaging was nicer than I expected! And it smells great. I loooove it. At first I was going to get the compact for on the go but since I now have the YSL finishing powder, I can get the bucket of perles instead 😛

@6ixGirl I'm glad you picked it up too! The smell is divine. 

My friend sent this to me from Japan, and apparently, the store clerk told her to get the balls instead, because the pressed powder is prone to shattering 😞 

So good choice! 

Some swatches of holiday.  It's all quite lovely but shows up better IRL than in still photos.

gold liquid liner, in the black circle I heavily applied the meteorites (which have a subtle gold sheen) and the pink swipe is the pink pearly illuminating pen.

IMG_2802.JPG

@Mochapj i totally thought that circle was a tattoo and was sitting here thinking to myself "that's the biggest "zen" tattoo i've ever seen before .. i wonder if there's a significance to the thicher and thinner sections ... to those broken parts of the circle" .. then i read your description. 😄 

2 Replies
testing