Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Brand Loyal
|

For the love of all things Guerlain

There is a line that has buried itself in my heart (and my pocketbook), and it is Guerlain.  I know Im not the only one out there.  I thought I would start this thread for the discussion of all things Guerlain, skin care, makeup, perfume, places to get good gwp or good samples.  Experiences people have had, looks people have created with the products.  

For me it all started with a makeover by Guerlain's own Marie Line at my local Neiman Marcus.  She spent an hour with me and I left feeling calm and happy.  

As a mother of 4 year old twins and as a doctor I spend my live rushing through the day, often without enough sleep, more often without enough water, taking care of everyone else.  It shows on my face, in the fatigue in my eyes, in the puffiness and dark circles under them.  While I have been blessed with good skin it can be confused, aging (I bought my guerlain the day prior to my 40th birthday), but still with an oily t zone, and with patchy dry spots on my cheeks likely from the dry air in my medical work environment.  One of the things she said to me was- make it about a ritual for you, and dont leave it until your going to fall asleep.  I walked out with the orchidee imperiele gel cream, eye and lip cream and white/brightenining serum.  It was a birthday gift to myself.  And now every night I sit down for 15 minutes and wash my face and slowly carry through the ritual.  a ritual of energy expended and renewed.  Breathing in the soft smell of the orchids.  Im still using a cleanser and exfoliator from another line given how much I spent, but I have seen substantial change in my face in the 3 weeks since.  

so thats my story, and I would love to share a discussion with other lovers of Guerlain, especially as we eagerly anticipate the 2015 holiday collection.

Guerlain-Holiday-2015-Neiges-Merveilles.jpg

guerlainparis.jpg

Re: For the love of all things Guerlain

@Mochapj i totally thought that circle was a tattoo and was sitting here thinking to myself "that's the biggest "zen" tattoo i've ever seen before .. i wonder if there's a significance to the thicher and thinner sections ... to those broken parts of the circle" .. then i read your description. 😄 

Spring line

Screen Shot 2016-10-26 at 11.59.26 AM.pngScreen Shot 2016-10-26 at 11.59.51 AM.png

I'm way more interested in the spring collection than the holiday collection. I'm so curious to see the full packaging of the pearls. Is the compact an all over powder or blush?

I sure like this spring collection better then Holiday this year!

Anonymous Insider

Those balls! I wonder what the top of the big container ball looks like? seems to be a similar shape to last year's holiday balls...

The top looks like a dome shape.  You can see part of it in the second pic on the left above the puff.

I like the white Kiss Kiss lipstick packaging too.

ohh! interested to see the swatches of the balls and compact 😄 the holiday one this year wasn't too exciting for me

So pretty! The balls & compact shall be mine!

January balls? Maybe I should skip the holiday one 😉 Thx @veronika23

Hi!

Does anyone have the Meteorites compact in Clair or Medium? If you do, do you see a difference in them? I was thinking about picking up one (or both) during the Sephora sale, but can't decide if I need one or both. From what I heard the Clair color seems to brighten/lighten more and the Medium color seems to add some color/warmth? My skin tone is about NC15-ish currently. Thanks!

I'm NW20 and the Medium is fine for me. (I can't use the Clair because Guerlain confirmed it contains chromium oxide greens.) My impression is that the Clair has some green in it to counteract any redness or ruddiness in your complexion, but honestly, I've got some redness in mine and the Medium works for me just fine. I don't find the Medium to be too dark or anything.

Thanks for the reply! I have some redness in my complexion too, but I usually color correct it before I put on foundation.

I think I'll use medium color for the summer! The beige looks so nice to add just a tint of warmth 😄

Hi @flyte, I have both of them.  I don't know the official description of my skin tone, but I would say I am light with neutral/pink undertones.  The medium Meteorites have some tan balls in them, which actually do make a difference in the color of your skin, in my opinion.  I can only use that shade during the summer when I have a little color, otherwise I look a little muddy.

The clair shade would be a good year-round shade for me.  I hope this helps.

Thanks so much! Maybe I'll pick up Clair for now and then pick up the Medium tone during the Spring sale, so I'll have it just in time for summer 😉

I have neutral/olive/peach undertones I think? Maybe a little more on the yellow side so I was just worried the medium would make me too beigey and it's getting pretty cold up here (with a lack of sun!) so I'd look strange if I look too warm lol

Has anybody duped the Precious Light Illuminator and Concealer?

Does anybody have any favorites from the L'Art et la Matiere collection? 

My honest opinion is that I think the L'Art et la Matiere collection is overpriced for what the scents are - I just don't find them to be outstanding. Which is why I've never bought any. I tested a couple and wasn't impressed with their (lack of) development or staying power. 

Although - I did like Myhrre et Delires and was tempted to buy it when I heard it was being discontinued. 

I've only given 3 of them proper testing and I've actually come to the same conclusions as you. Some are better than others, though, and Angelique Noire is outstanding on me, lasting for about 8 hours. One of my fav scents actually 😮 They generally lack the classic Guerlinade -- is that part of what you concluded when you said there was a lack of development? I did smell some development although not in the traditional style. I was asking because I wanted to know if anybody was impressed by the collection, given the downsides that I noticed. The new scent is intriguing to me, has personalities that I'm interested in

For the few I like, I'm mostly turned off by the price when I don't find them to b memorable scents on me. Not different enough or striking, I suppose? 

I have one from Les Elixirs Charnels, but generally I don't love the Excluisves. 

I think it might be that I have very high expectations for Guerlain, and for $250+ I expect a lot. 

I haven't sniffed the new one, yet, so we'll see! I may end up loving it 🙂 

I haven't bought any FS, period, because I have high expectations and I want to be 110% happy with my fragrances (whereas I am more forgiving with makeup). I feel bad because I'm swamped with samples that I don't like. Which do you have from Les Elixirs Charnels? Do you like it?

The new one isn't out yet! It'll be out early November I think

7 Replies
testing