Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Brand Loyal
|

For the love of all things Guerlain

There is a line that has buried itself in my heart (and my pocketbook), and it is Guerlain.  I know Im not the only one out there.  I thought I would start this thread for the discussion of all things Guerlain, skin care, makeup, perfume, places to get good gwp or good samples.  Experiences people have had, looks people have created with the products.  

For me it all started with a makeover by Guerlain's own Marie Line at my local Neiman Marcus.  She spent an hour with me and I left feeling calm and happy.  

As a mother of 4 year old twins and as a doctor I spend my live rushing through the day, often without enough sleep, more often without enough water, taking care of everyone else.  It shows on my face, in the fatigue in my eyes, in the puffiness and dark circles under them.  While I have been blessed with good skin it can be confused, aging (I bought my guerlain the day prior to my 40th birthday), but still with an oily t zone, and with patchy dry spots on my cheeks likely from the dry air in my medical work environment.  One of the things she said to me was- make it about a ritual for you, and dont leave it until your going to fall asleep.  I walked out with the orchidee imperiele gel cream, eye and lip cream and white/brightenining serum.  It was a birthday gift to myself.  And now every night I sit down for 15 minutes and wash my face and slowly carry through the ritual.  a ritual of energy expended and renewed.  Breathing in the soft smell of the orchids.  Im still using a cleanser and exfoliator from another line given how much I spent, but I have seen substantial change in my face in the 3 weeks since.  

so thats my story, and I would love to share a discussion with other lovers of Guerlain, especially as we eagerly anticipate the 2015 holiday collection.

Guerlain-Holiday-2015-Neiges-Merveilles.jpg

guerlainparis.jpg

Re: For the love of all things Guerlain

I will probably revisit the perles in the winter when the glow of summer is long gone. I bet it will add a lovely glow as an all-over powder at this point.

I do love this lip color, though. I tend to favor either a very neutral "no makeup" look, or a classic "nothing but a red lip" look. This color is my jam, and I know it will be a winter staple for me.

Thanks for sharing. I really love the deep blue & gold tin of the meteorites. It is too bad they replaced the puff with the rubber disc. That looks odd in a luxury item. I'm still undecided because I mainly like the tin and not sure how I'd like the perles. They might just sit there unopened. I'm not a collector (don't want to start because I can get nutty about collecting) so can't really justify the cost. I'll just enjoy the pics for now! 🙂

The perles are similar to the regular medium offering, pulling a little more pink. I think they will be lovely come winter once the glow of summer has left my face and it needs a little umph to brighten it up.

Thank you for the update. I must admit I will still likely get the meteorites but am disappointed with the cheap rubber disk. It looks tacky and as you said it not just about how the product looks on.

As far as the plastic bead.... that's pretty sad. Glass would have been much better.

Yeah, the cheap rubber disk was not what I was expecting. I would have expected the simple fabric-wrapped one that is in the standard product at a minimum, or a more festive puff along the lines of the Holiday 2015 one. Since it will sit on my counter top, I will just pitch it so it doesn't detract from the experience of using it (won't need it if I don't travel with it).

The lip color is LE and is almost the same price point as the regular RG's ($56 vs $54). If someone loves the color, get it. But, the styling of the gem alone is not sufficient, IMO, to justify a purchase if the color isn't your jam. Also, with it being plastic, it's going to get scratched up in my purse.

Does anyone know if the Holiday 2016 Terracotta Bronzer is a limited edition new shade, or is it an existing permanent shade with special packaging?

My beautiful baby is here! I can't wait to use this tomorrow. 

IMG_1359.JPG

@shimmerbait, now that you've had them for a couple days, what do you think? I found they pull more to the pink than other offerings, but I'm curious if my eyes are playing tricks on me.

@SheWhoSkis I didn't notice them pulling pink, they looked pretty neutral on me

So gorgeous! I hope you love them!

I cant wait to get mine! It's supposed to come tomorrow. 😃

Where did you order it from?

@jen81 Nordstrom!

It looks gorgeous! Tell us all about it! What does it smell like?

@6ixGirl To me, Meteorites always smell a bit soapy? These smell exactly the same 😉

Must. Resist. Temeptation. 😱

I wanted to post my review of Guerlain - Lingerie de Peau Fluide here, just in case Sephora decides to not publish my review. http://www.sephora.com/lingerie-de-peau-fluide-P412761?skuId=1867217

-------

Guerlain has outdone themselves with this new formulation. The hidden secret of this foundation is that it looks even better throughout the day as you wear it. This foundation is great for all skin types, and is amazing on oily skin. This is a long review that hopes to convince you to try this foundation because you will fall in love with it. Let me start off by comparing similarities and differences between this and the discontinued LdP.

- LdPF's shade range is much better, now I can actually find a shade match in my undertone and depth
- LdPF is better suited to all skin types, whereas my oily skin had trouble keeping LdP on
- LdPF is longer lasting
- LdPF spreads more easily and evenly
- LdPF has a thinner, silkier texture that is just as easy to work with
- LdPF has a demi-matte finish at first, whereas LdP is always dewy
- LdPF achieves that infamous skin-like finish only after a few hours of wear, whereas LdP has that finish right upon application and gets progressively dewier

I'll get into detail about Lingerie de Peau Fluide now.

*Coverage: Light to medium to full! Buildable. I typically do one layer all over, then another layer on places that I need it. It won't erase your super red spots or moles, and your freckles can still be visible if you wish. It will neutralize discoloration and lighten your dark circles. It reapplies easily as well, even if you powder and get oily the foundation will look good if you apply more on top. You won't get full coverage right upon application. For some magical reason, I don't know how it does it, but the foundation becomes more full coverage throughout the day. Don't ask me how, but all those red spots and patches I had trouble with fully covering up are hidden after 5 hours.

*Application: Best used with a wet sponge like the BeautyBlender, which gives a flawless and smooth application right away. Normally I dislike the BeautyBlender and eschew it for my brushes, but this is a foundation that does better with a sponge. I have used this with the Guerlain Foundation Brush (mini-review: hairs are longer and slightly flimsy, can only do sweeping motions rather than buffing motions, not dense or stiff enough to stipple. Not a fool-proof brush and not a fan), Urban Decay Good Karma Optical Blurring Brush, Marc Jacobs Foundation Brush I, and a no name flat kabuki brush. In this instance, a brush won't give the perfectly smooth texture that the BB does.

*Wear: LdPF is unregrettable and unforgettable, and the finish is so smooth and forgiving. In typical Guerlain fashion, this foundation magically and smoothly evolves throughout wear. Imagine Shalimar as a foundation: the opening is only a suggestive, seductive hint of what is to come. This is the part that is most outstanding to me. This foundation is lightweight and so easy to apply. You can never over apply with this foundation. If you think you are cakey when you first apply it, give it a few hours, and your skin will be utterly transformed, with high-coverage and a gorgeous silky texture. Your skin will look amazing at the end of the day. In my experience, most foundations look awful by the end of the day, even my beloved Double Wear can look tired and dry. I look radiant, younger, and healthier with LdPF. I have combination skin with an oily oily oily T-zone. I also have lots of texture, acne, bumps, many large pores, and creases. I have the occasional random dry patch near my mouth or eyes. So my skin needs all the help it can get. This foundation is worry-free and sooo effortless. I do have to blot my nose and forehead about 2 hours into the wear, but then I am set for the rest of the day, I promise that you won't need to blot again and your skin will have a beautiful glow. You don't even need to powder! I am absolutely ok with wearing luminous finishing powders and highlighters all over with Lingerie de Peau Fluide. This foundation is so long wearing. There is no other foundation that perfects so well and wears so long. By the time I take it off late at night, my foundation, blush, and highlighter are still going strong. Your other makeup on top will not fade. Your face will only look better. I use this under my eyes instead of concealer and it does not crease. I only use setting powder because I'm oily. Oily-, acne-prone, textured skinned people: you need to see what this foundation does for you! Your skin will not be dried out or too oily when you wear this. This foundation smooths over all the bumpiness in my cheeks and the bumps disappear a few hours into wear so that the planes of my cheeks radiate with health and beauty. The foundation melds with my skin and hugs it, contouring my skin to look absolutely natural. My skin but better. That is the Lingerie de Peau effect. It's actually sort of magical and better than ever before.

*Final Notes: The foundation has only the slightest oxidation as it sets. It is not very major. It's amazing that the undertone of your foundation will not change as it oxidizes! 03W does not turn neutral or pink, it stays the same shade of warm. I usually have a hard time finding foundations yellow enough to match my yellow neck, and my face is NC25, golden/neutral/olive. I consider myself to be light. For reference, I also wear Estee Lauder Double Wear in 2W0 and 2W1 (the only other foundation that I love). The shade range is impressive -- I have only sampled the warm shades -- and the shades go quite pale. The shades do not go very dark unfortunately. I am confident that if you have very pale skin to medium-dark skin, you can find a shade match with Lingerie de Peau Fluide. This foundation is totally worth it and I can confidently say that it is a Holy Grail for me. LdPF is one of the few foundations I feel that are worth the price tag. I have tried dozens of foundations and I am so happy with the new formulation. Lingerie de Peau Fluide. It is effortless, beautiful, and rewarding. 6/5 stars

oooh, I wanted to try this foundation before they reformulated it but had trouble finding my shade. Glad to know they added more colors! I think I will pick this up during the VIB Rouge 20% off sale 🙂 Thanks for the detailed review! @6ixGirl

Another look at the holiday line

Screen Shot 2016-09-08 at 8.45.52 AM.png

Screen Shot 2016-09-08 at 8.51.06 AM.png

Can I just have the meteorites tin 😂

I can't wait! Definitely getting the meteorites and the terracotta is on my maybe list at the moment. I wonder when they will show up at SDM or The Bay...

testing