Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Brand Loyal
|

For the love of all things Guerlain

There is a line that has buried itself in my heart (and my pocketbook), and it is Guerlain.  I know Im not the only one out there.  I thought I would start this thread for the discussion of all things Guerlain, skin care, makeup, perfume, places to get good gwp or good samples.  Experiences people have had, looks people have created with the products.  

For me it all started with a makeover by Guerlain's own Marie Line at my local Neiman Marcus.  She spent an hour with me and I left feeling calm and happy.  

As a mother of 4 year old twins and as a doctor I spend my live rushing through the day, often without enough sleep, more often without enough water, taking care of everyone else.  It shows on my face, in the fatigue in my eyes, in the puffiness and dark circles under them.  While I have been blessed with good skin it can be confused, aging (I bought my guerlain the day prior to my 40th birthday), but still with an oily t zone, and with patchy dry spots on my cheeks likely from the dry air in my medical work environment.  One of the things she said to me was- make it about a ritual for you, and dont leave it until your going to fall asleep.  I walked out with the orchidee imperiele gel cream, eye and lip cream and white/brightenining serum.  It was a birthday gift to myself.  And now every night I sit down for 15 minutes and wash my face and slowly carry through the ritual.  a ritual of energy expended and renewed.  Breathing in the soft smell of the orchids.  Im still using a cleanser and exfoliator from another line given how much I spent, but I have seen substantial change in my face in the 3 weeks since.  

so thats my story, and I would love to share a discussion with other lovers of Guerlain, especially as we eagerly anticipate the 2015 holiday collection.

Guerlain-Holiday-2015-Neiges-Merveilles.jpg

guerlainparis.jpg

Re: For the love of all things Guerlain

Really lovely collection,

Shalimar seems to be the theme. 

I'll need to swatch the Terracotta looking compact, but I'll take the Meteorites and maybe the Rouge G? Not too big of a fan of the design. 

I was already sold on getting the meteorites this year, but this whole collection is speaking to me. That Shalimar!  that was my mother's favorite for as long as i can remember. And the India theme, the most amazing place I've ever lived in. oh the nostalgia... so beautiful

Does anyone know if there is a Guerlain perfume that smells like the orchidee imperial products? loooooove that.

@Insomniacmuffin Guerlain made a home fragrance scent to match a while ago - but I think it was a gift/reward rather than something available for sale 😕 

ive heard some people say that Nahema smells like the line. I haven't compared the two myself, but could be worth looking into! 

Appreciated!!

The Guerlain Maxi Lash Mascara is my HG! I've loved it ever since I got a sample of it with a Sephora order 3 years ago.

Hey everyone! I noticed the new lingerie de peu foundation online (and a new foundation brush which looks lovely) and I was wondering if someone could help me with color matching?? I know I need one of the warm tone  shades but not sure if 02 or 03? I currently wear 21 linen from Dior and am about NC20-NC25 for Mac stuff, hope that kinda helps!

@sabrinas Thank you for the heads up on this!  Annyone know where a conversion chart may be online?  Been looking but nothing so far.  I am currently using Beige Pale 01 and it's perfect.

I heard this version is supposed to be like the "Gold" one they discontinued in the US a while ago. Can anyone confirm? I heard that version if full coverage, and that's what I am looking for: I love how Guerlain looks on the skin but the it does not provide quite as much coverage as I like.

@Maria88 I don't believe so, as Guerlain relaunched the Parure Gold foundation last year (just not in the US). 

I think the new LdP is mostly supposed to be a new formula.

@sabrinas I tend to agree with ArvSeph, Guerlain runs a bit dark on me - I'd likely try 02 for you. 

I'm about NW10-13 in Mac, and I find 01 to be too dark for me (and too yellow) - but somewhat workable. 

Thank you @lachaton and @AmdSeph for the suggestions! Now I guess I'm kinda wondering if I should get the neutral shade?! Probably not since I always tend to go for warmer colors... I'm not sure though how Guerlain foundations are since I haven't used one in maybe 6-8 years haha.

Guerlain foundation runs on darker side so def, get 02.

Might be a tad early, but does anyone know about the Meteorite pearls holiday collection for later this year?

@twilightnicky  I saw the Guerlain training book from my SA. The meteorites will be in gold and dark blue container similar to 2014. Guerlain is going with blue and gold theme this year it looks like.

Thank you for the heads up, cant wait to see the pics! 😄

Has anyone heard from @buggirl? Haven't seen her on here in a while. Hope all is ok with you Buggirl...probably just busy summer...

Anyone tried the Guerlain Meteorites Baby Glow?

I am seeing so many mixed response on these. How about Guerlain Lingerie De Peau BB?

Thanks

@AmdSeph I basically agree with @lipstick4soul below.  It's light, slightly pink and does impart a glow. Some Guerlain foundations can be dry on me and this product is not.

I did a video on it a while ago.  I put swatches at the very beginning of videos and the photos are taken in natural light.  If it helps.

Ohh cool! Thanks

@AmdSeph I actually really lIke it because the light color is actually light enough for me to wear. Most Guerlain foundations and the Acqua BB cream are too dark. 

I can see how one might think it was too pink if one had a very warm undertone but the whole idea of that product is to be extra pink to give a soft focus effect. It is supposed to be pink and not match skintone exactly. 

testing