Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Brand Loyal
|

For the love of all things Guerlain

There is a line that has buried itself in my heart (and my pocketbook), and it is Guerlain.  I know Im not the only one out there.  I thought I would start this thread for the discussion of all things Guerlain, skin care, makeup, perfume, places to get good gwp or good samples.  Experiences people have had, looks people have created with the products.  

For me it all started with a makeover by Guerlain's own Marie Line at my local Neiman Marcus.  She spent an hour with me and I left feeling calm and happy.  

As a mother of 4 year old twins and as a doctor I spend my live rushing through the day, often without enough sleep, more often without enough water, taking care of everyone else.  It shows on my face, in the fatigue in my eyes, in the puffiness and dark circles under them.  While I have been blessed with good skin it can be confused, aging (I bought my guerlain the day prior to my 40th birthday), but still with an oily t zone, and with patchy dry spots on my cheeks likely from the dry air in my medical work environment.  One of the things she said to me was- make it about a ritual for you, and dont leave it until your going to fall asleep.  I walked out with the orchidee imperiele gel cream, eye and lip cream and white/brightenining serum.  It was a birthday gift to myself.  And now every night I sit down for 15 minutes and wash my face and slowly carry through the ritual.  a ritual of energy expended and renewed.  Breathing in the soft smell of the orchids.  Im still using a cleanser and exfoliator from another line given how much I spent, but I have seen substantial change in my face in the 3 weeks since.  

so thats my story, and I would love to share a discussion with other lovers of Guerlain, especially as we eagerly anticipate the 2015 holiday collection.

Guerlain-Holiday-2015-Neiges-Merveilles.jpg

guerlainparis.jpg

Re: For the love of all things Guerlain

I am SO tempted to get this bronzer..But I dont know how it will look on me and unable to return if I dislike it and also if the scent will bother me much coz I cant stand burberry cheek products for this reason...soo conflicted it hurts lol..

It wasn't available at the counter (not to be displayed until the 15th?), but when I asked, she was able to get one for me. And LOADS of samples to go with it. The only problem is that I can't bear to swatch it! Too pretty 🙂

Does anyone know if the LE "Terracotta - Pause d'Ete' Collector Bronzing Powder Duo" will be coming to Sephora anytime soon?  Currently on Nordstrom for $82.  

The new bronzers discussed below are up on Nordstrom

I really hope one of the Canadian retailers gets these,I am tempted to order the bronzer in the wooden case from Nordstrom but I spent way to much on tom ford during the sale and it would probably be close to $150 with shipping and duties.

It was $79.00 at The Bay.

I fully expected it to be way over the $100 mark.

@Seymore3 i saw this in shoppers guerlain handbook, its coming in may mid or so 🙂

@Seymore3 you could also try the Toronto boutique. last I checked, they ship free and they get everything in that's available in Canada. 

@lachatonthat is great to know! in the past, I always relied on Shoppers and the Bay because those were the easiest in terms of accessibility!

@myxducky I just happened to speak to the boutique today, they're expecting Carousel meteorites in May and wooden bronzes in June (I find they're usually a little early) 

@Seymore3 @lachaton @myxducky @ExquisiteGypsy - I took a look at the  Guerlain book at Shoppers and their note says May 15 and the price is $79, the meteorites pink carousel will also be there by then it looks like 🙂

I already got the meteorites from Nordstrom and love them but I just hope the bronzer is online since the nearest Shoppers that carries Guerlain is an hour and a half drive away from me.

Thanks, @dioradict! I mentioned the compact to one of the gals at Murale last week and she had no idea what I was talking about (she said the Guerlain rep had been there only a week earlier and didn't mention anything about special bronzers). She took my name & number down and I gave her the name of the compact should it ever come in and she said she'd call... I did the same at my other Shoppers that carries LE Guerlain, but I got a lot of confused looks. Gah! That's why I figured I'd order at least that one compact from Nordies - maybe my Shoppers/Murale peeps in Calgary are out of the loop. I've never come across a Guerlain book with any SAs at either of these locations - I wish they had one!!

@dioraddict sweet! I stopped by my shoppers last week and gave them my name so they could call me as soon as they're in 😄

I'm in the same boat - I don't want to miss out, but the exchange rate & duties are killer, aren't they?

Ok, I caved. Bought it from Nordies and I'll pick it up when I go down to the states in June. 😉

Oh man...do we think this will last till any good GWP? Nordtrom had a good one last year I want to say around June? ( I want the wooden one really bad)

Neiman Marcus does 'Camp Gorgeous' end of May early June and my SA there might hold one for you 🙂 Contact me if you need her info.

I mean who can pass up 'Camp Gorgeous'!

What is this Camp Gorgeous? =D

Anonymous Insider

That's a beautiful story. We all need to take the time to slow down and care for ourselves, even if it's just 15 minutes. As women, mother's, wives, employees etc...we spend so much time caring for others we often put ourselves on the back burner and we need to remember how important it is to relax and recharge ourselves. It is good for us as well as those we are caring for. 😉

My SA recommended the Honey lip treatment..I'm thinking about getting it. Has anyone tried it? It's something between a serum and an oil/balm to plump and smooth lines around the mouth and prep your lips. It's around $80 and there aren't many reviews on it..

testing