Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Brand Loyal
|

For the love of all things Guerlain

There is a line that has buried itself in my heart (and my pocketbook), and it is Guerlain.  I know Im not the only one out there.  I thought I would start this thread for the discussion of all things Guerlain, skin care, makeup, perfume, places to get good gwp or good samples.  Experiences people have had, looks people have created with the products.  

For me it all started with a makeover by Guerlain's own Marie Line at my local Neiman Marcus.  She spent an hour with me and I left feeling calm and happy.  

As a mother of 4 year old twins and as a doctor I spend my live rushing through the day, often without enough sleep, more often without enough water, taking care of everyone else.  It shows on my face, in the fatigue in my eyes, in the puffiness and dark circles under them.  While I have been blessed with good skin it can be confused, aging (I bought my guerlain the day prior to my 40th birthday), but still with an oily t zone, and with patchy dry spots on my cheeks likely from the dry air in my medical work environment.  One of the things she said to me was- make it about a ritual for you, and dont leave it until your going to fall asleep.  I walked out with the orchidee imperiele gel cream, eye and lip cream and white/brightenining serum.  It was a birthday gift to myself.  And now every night I sit down for 15 minutes and wash my face and slowly carry through the ritual.  a ritual of energy expended and renewed.  Breathing in the soft smell of the orchids.  Im still using a cleanser and exfoliator from another line given how much I spent, but I have seen substantial change in my face in the 3 weeks since.  

so thats my story, and I would love to share a discussion with other lovers of Guerlain, especially as we eagerly anticipate the 2015 holiday collection.

Guerlain-Holiday-2015-Neiges-Merveilles.jpg

guerlainparis.jpg

Re: For the love of all things Guerlain

Nope, but I've adored every single item I've tried from the Honey line. So I think you're probably good. 🙂

Sounds tempting but that price point is daunting.  I hope someone on BT has tried it and comments!

I went ahead and got the honey smile lift...I'll report back 🙂

Exactly! I'm a tad bit suspicious because all the reviews are almost "too good" 😉

Does anyone have the Carousel meteorites? I'm light medium (medium in summer) so I wonder if it'll be like a blush for me or an all over powder. 

@annypoo I have them.  I am fair to light and they are unquestionably a blush on me.  so if you're the light end of medium they might be for you as well.

@buggirl thanks! I purchased them (haven't arrived yet) hoping they would be more of a blush. Hopefully they will be! 

side note, omg we can tag the person we are responding to now!!! finally!!! I may be late to this but this is awesome! 

Actually... I am super pale and wonder if I just have a really light hand. They're not a blush on me- what brush are you using?

image.jpegimage.jpegI saw on Best Things In Beauty blog that the palette @kilov found is $82 and the collection is shipping to stores next week. There was another LE bronzer in more of a traditional case that will be $78. These are the press photos BTIB posted. 

Edit: I also saw a re-release of the LE terracotta fragrance on Neiman Marcus. It was 100ml for $78. I must say that I am a bit surprised at the pricing. It is lower than I was expecting. I have been looking at too much tom ford 😉

soooo pretty!i cant find the second bronzer....i checked on different sites.where is that sold?

So pretty.  I still haven't purchased any of the things I have my eye on.

I'm dark skinned NW45-50 and I'm having a hard time finding videos with swatches to get an idea of what colors would be best.

Guerlain isn't sold anywhere near me so I can't go into the store and see for myself.  Same with TF.  😞

I want all the things!  LOL

Awesome!! Great find. I hope I can get this somewhere in Canada... the top one has really caught my eye.

@ExquisiteGypsy - As far as I know its going to be in Shopper's around Mid-May 🙂

Thanks, dioradict!! I'll keep my eyes peeled 😊

Wow! I can't wait until it becomes available. Both compacts look stunning 🙂

EDIT: just went to her (Best things in Beauty) blog Look at this stunner:

Screen Shot 2016-04-07 at 10.24.45 PM.png

I was totally browsing around in the Rouge sale today thinking that I had nothing that sparked my interest. I was just there to check out the Sephora LE favorites since we only had 15% off. On my way to the checkout line, I decided to do one final check and on display were the Guerlain Terracotta bronzers. I immediately swiped one and fell in love. Like so in love I think I don't care for any other makeup brands anymore.

Since Sephora does not carry the full line in stores, I decided to go online and went a little nuts. I purchased the Lingerie De Peau Liquid Foundation SPF 20 & the Météorites Illuminating Powder compact. I was debating between the Météorites Illuminating Powder compact and the actual balls. Does anyone know if I am to use it as a finishing powder, would the ball version be too shimmery? What do most people use the original one for?

Nicely done! Guerlain does some lovely bronzers - I guess they were the ones who invented it in the first place, so it makes sense!

I have both the meteorites compacts and loose balls and use both as finishing powders. I find the effect to be about the same - a slightly shimmery powder that gives a bit of an airbrushed look.

The loose balls come with more product than the compact for the same price. Do you find one easier to use than another? I ended up getting the compact but if they come out with the same finish, I would want to get the loose balls after!

I read comments about the loose balls being too shimmery. How natural/sparkly would you say it is?

I don't find the original ones to be that shimmery - the LE ones like the holiday 2015 & 2014 editions have way more shimmer & sparkle than the regular line. However, I suppose there would be a slight shimmer to the balls in comparison to the compact.

I find that I reach for the Voyage compact a wee bit more since it's slightly easier to use (sometimes one of the balls jump out at me every now and then when I'm swirling them around with a large brush), but for the most part I use them equally since I try to switch it up every day.

Terracotta Sun Celebration bronzing powder & blush 2016 via ReallyRee (photo below). Not sure if this has been posted, but it looks gorgeous!!! Wooden compact may mean it's very limited?

guerlain-terracotta-sun-celebration-bronzing-powder-blush-2016-review-2-639x428.jpg

I wonder if the compact is refillable and would fit one of the pressed meteorites? I might be able to justify the cost to actually use it and admire the overspray on the bronzer I would almost certainly never use. 

Edit: any guesses on price? The LE meteorites compacts are around $180 but this is completely different. Could be way more or maybe a bit less. 

testing