Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Brand Loyal
|

For the love of all things Guerlain

There is a line that has buried itself in my heart (and my pocketbook), and it is Guerlain.  I know Im not the only one out there.  I thought I would start this thread for the discussion of all things Guerlain, skin care, makeup, perfume, places to get good gwp or good samples.  Experiences people have had, looks people have created with the products.  

For me it all started with a makeover by Guerlain's own Marie Line at my local Neiman Marcus.  She spent an hour with me and I left feeling calm and happy.  

As a mother of 4 year old twins and as a doctor I spend my live rushing through the day, often without enough sleep, more often without enough water, taking care of everyone else.  It shows on my face, in the fatigue in my eyes, in the puffiness and dark circles under them.  While I have been blessed with good skin it can be confused, aging (I bought my guerlain the day prior to my 40th birthday), but still with an oily t zone, and with patchy dry spots on my cheeks likely from the dry air in my medical work environment.  One of the things she said to me was- make it about a ritual for you, and dont leave it until your going to fall asleep.  I walked out with the orchidee imperiele gel cream, eye and lip cream and white/brightenining serum.  It was a birthday gift to myself.  And now every night I sit down for 15 minutes and wash my face and slowly carry through the ritual.  a ritual of energy expended and renewed.  Breathing in the soft smell of the orchids.  Im still using a cleanser and exfoliator from another line given how much I spent, but I have seen substantial change in my face in the 3 weeks since.  

so thats my story, and I would love to share a discussion with other lovers of Guerlain, especially as we eagerly anticipate the 2015 holiday collection.

Guerlain-Holiday-2015-Neiges-Merveilles.jpg

guerlainparis.jpg

Re: For the love of all things Guerlain

Any chance these will ever come to Sephora? Fingers crossed!

I think they may! I've noticed not all stores carry Petite Robe Noir (for example I believe Nordstrom and Neimans don't) so this might be something that would be at Sephora..

Oooh these are on my list! I hope Rica will get them in. I love that berry colored one. Such a unique and pretty case too. Really Ree says they smell good, which of course everything Guerlain does. I can't wait to get one!

I want like 4 of them! Neon pumps, lilac something, sun twinset, and floral headband! they're available on feel unique for $31. I'm not sure how much they retail for? $27? maybe?

It's there....I forget how you get to the lipstick but the email doesn't get you there...though their on the site.  Interesting black top coat..

Good lord, I love guerlain but the jars for the orchidee line are very heavy and glass.  I just dropped (caught it on the counter top before it fell to the floor where it surely would have broken) a nearly full orchidee line mask jar, which is ungodly expensive.  I kind of wish they would update their packaging (though I hated this seasons attempt at being trendy). 

Good save! So would you prefer plastic? I saw that Cle De Peau came out with a night cream in a jewel top jar, it was very pretty actually. I guess sometimes the packaging is part of the 'sell' so to speak.

I too was not moved by the spring line. I thought it was kind of odd for Guerlain. I'm hopeful that something new and to my liking will be out for summer.

either a higher end plastic of a glass design that isn't so smooth and heavy.  Since most facial care is at some point handled with wet hands I would say something that is more condusive to holding onto it well. 

Oh that's a good point!

Hi everyone!  I'm new to Guerlain (friend just gave me a few samples of Maxi Lash, and I haven't tried them yet) but am looking to pick up Les Voilettes sometime this year!  Before I do, I'm wondering if any of you have noticed a significant difference in effect between the loose powder and the compact version?  Thank you 🙂

I've read some reviews where people prefer the loose powder to the compact, except for the mess.  And messy it is, because the container is large and difficult to twist open as a result (and also because of its round shape.)

But, I have to say, I really love the loose powder.  It gives me the little extra bit of color I need on top of my foundation.  And it lasts all day.

I haven't tried the compact though.

I had the Maxi shine gloss in my cart, but it seems now that the entire product is missing from the sephora website. Is it no longer being carried? 😞

That's strange. I checked (searched with Maxi Shine, which is also called Gloss d' Enfer) and it only had 4 shades. 

Call other stores (Nordstrom, Neimans, etc.) to see if the product is being D/Ced. It could be Sephora glitching, not carrying the product or the product being discontinued for a new formula. 

My Neimans SA is going to Guerlain sales retreat in early February and said she would come back with news for me about summer collection 🙂

Hey ladies- if this is a repost I apologize, guerlain is on zulily(dot)com.

I haven't heard much about Guerlain spring-anyone buy it yet?

Did you all know that Guerlain makes candles? Anyone ever try one? They are so beautiful, I'm tempted. Neimans and Bergdorf have them as well as the Guerlain boutique (I order special collections from Marques at the Las Vegas Guerlain boutique-he's really great if you need anything and there's no tax unless you have a Guerlain boutique in your state)

P017158_list.jpg

I have a Guerlain candle that was gifted to me by my SA.  I really like it.  It was the version which was the scent of the orchidee imperiale skin line, so a clean clear orchid scent without any heaviness or powder.  I very rarely like flower scents but I found this one enjoyable and not at all overpowering. 

Which one is that one Robin? I would love to try it. If you know the name or the color, I'd love to know. It's funny I've tried Orchidee imperiale skin care and not wild about the scent on my skin but would like it as a candle.

when you look on the listings its literally called orchidee imperiale,  I can't find anything that has another name. 

testing