Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Brand Loyal
|

For the love of all things Guerlain

There is a line that has buried itself in my heart (and my pocketbook), and it is Guerlain.  I know Im not the only one out there.  I thought I would start this thread for the discussion of all things Guerlain, skin care, makeup, perfume, places to get good gwp or good samples.  Experiences people have had, looks people have created with the products.  

For me it all started with a makeover by Guerlain's own Marie Line at my local Neiman Marcus.  She spent an hour with me and I left feeling calm and happy.  

As a mother of 4 year old twins and as a doctor I spend my live rushing through the day, often without enough sleep, more often without enough water, taking care of everyone else.  It shows on my face, in the fatigue in my eyes, in the puffiness and dark circles under them.  While I have been blessed with good skin it can be confused, aging (I bought my guerlain the day prior to my 40th birthday), but still with an oily t zone, and with patchy dry spots on my cheeks likely from the dry air in my medical work environment.  One of the things she said to me was- make it about a ritual for you, and dont leave it until your going to fall asleep.  I walked out with the orchidee imperiele gel cream, eye and lip cream and white/brightenining serum.  It was a birthday gift to myself.  And now every night I sit down for 15 minutes and wash my face and slowly carry through the ritual.  a ritual of energy expended and renewed.  Breathing in the soft smell of the orchids.  Im still using a cleanser and exfoliator from another line given how much I spent, but I have seen substantial change in my face in the 3 weeks since.  

so thats my story, and I would love to share a discussion with other lovers of Guerlain, especially as we eagerly anticipate the 2015 holiday collection.

Guerlain-Holiday-2015-Neiges-Merveilles.jpg

guerlainparis.jpg

Re: For the love of all things Guerlain

Cool, I'll find it. There is a GWP at NM starting 2/11 so I might get that...

yeah, i have a rewards card from NM, so Im saving it till then 🙂

That candle is beautiful.  I skipped this spring collection....

My freebies from Neiman Marcus came today .. Did anyone else who responded to the email receive theirs? Same or different products?

IMG_20160111_180357.jpg

I replied when I first gor the email, but never  got anything.  I sent an inquiry the other day, but won't hold my breath.  But, what a tease if they never send it! 😞

I received 3 freebies, a lovely surprise!

image.jpeg

I received three products like meganlisa. The Eye & Lip Cream, Super Aqua Serum, and the "The Cream."

Yes, I got them.  But I got 3 and not 5 minis.

Oh man when did this happen?

NM Guerlain Beaute sent out an email on 12/23 with instructions to reply with your name and address to receive a sample collection.  I was expecting a couple pieces of something, but certainly not 5 selections from such a pricey lineup.

Did you ever get a response? I replied but never got a confirmation. 

I never got a response, the items just showed up haha.

I didn't get the e-mail. Maybe next time. Was there anything special we have to sign up for to get these free item emails?

i would assume NM has some equation in terms of amount spent and on what at guerlain counters

That's great. I don't remember getting that email from NM. I'm going to go back and search, ha, maybe I can still try to get it..

nice, I haven't got mine yet. 

Well... if anyone is looking for a more unique Guerlain gift, here it is 😉 

guerlain jonone.JPG

Designed by artist JonOne, there's the reimagined bee bottles (La Petite Robe Noire, Shalimar, and Rose Barbare) - €9000 each, numbered, and signed.

guerlain promenade des anglais.JPG

New addition to Les Parisiennes - Promenade des Anglais with bergamot, powdery iris, and fig. It sounds like it's likely the AA Figue Iris rerelease.

image.jpegNew LE kisskiss at Nordstrom for lunar new year. Lovely packaging but not much description on the color. I am guessing a repromote. Any ideas?

I think the shade is 344 Sexy Coral! Only special packaging but not a new shade!

Guerlain Spring is up on Nordstrom (preorder, ships 13th Jan)

Apparently Guerlain will be introducing a new LPRN makeup line - it looks like that's where the new nail polish (with the classic Guerlain fragrance stopper top) fits in. There are other colours, and a new lipstick line - looks to be similar to the new Dior range.

Photos from BritishBeautyBlogger

guerlain lprn polish.JPG

guerlain new lipstick package.JPG

guerlain lprn lipstick.JPG

12 Replies
testing