Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Brand Loyal
|

For the love of all things Guerlain

There is a line that has buried itself in my heart (and my pocketbook), and it is Guerlain.  I know Im not the only one out there.  I thought I would start this thread for the discussion of all things Guerlain, skin care, makeup, perfume, places to get good gwp or good samples.  Experiences people have had, looks people have created with the products.  

For me it all started with a makeover by Guerlain's own Marie Line at my local Neiman Marcus.  She spent an hour with me and I left feeling calm and happy.  

As a mother of 4 year old twins and as a doctor I spend my live rushing through the day, often without enough sleep, more often without enough water, taking care of everyone else.  It shows on my face, in the fatigue in my eyes, in the puffiness and dark circles under them.  While I have been blessed with good skin it can be confused, aging (I bought my guerlain the day prior to my 40th birthday), but still with an oily t zone, and with patchy dry spots on my cheeks likely from the dry air in my medical work environment.  One of the things she said to me was- make it about a ritual for you, and dont leave it until your going to fall asleep.  I walked out with the orchidee imperiele gel cream, eye and lip cream and white/brightenining serum.  It was a birthday gift to myself.  And now every night I sit down for 15 minutes and wash my face and slowly carry through the ritual.  a ritual of energy expended and renewed.  Breathing in the soft smell of the orchids.  Im still using a cleanser and exfoliator from another line given how much I spent, but I have seen substantial change in my face in the 3 weeks since.  

so thats my story, and I would love to share a discussion with other lovers of Guerlain, especially as we eagerly anticipate the 2015 holiday collection.

Guerlain-Holiday-2015-Neiges-Merveilles.jpg

guerlainparis.jpg

Re: For the love of all things Guerlain

Promo photos for spring 2016 (all from Chic Profile blog)

Guerlain-Spring-2016-Meteorites-Compact.jpg

Guerlain-Spring-2016-Meteorites-Compact-1.jpg

Guerlain-Spring-2016-Smile-Blush.jpg

Guerlain-Spring-2016-Enjoy-Mono-Shadow-Le-Crayon-Yeux.jpg

Guerlain-Spring-2016-Kiss-Kiss-Lipstick.jpg

This collection is such a disappointment to me... it feels like such a miss after the elegant and gorgeous holiday 2015 collection 😞

The only item I'm remotely interested in is that new pressed powder. I'm curious to see if it will be a compact like the refillable $$$ ones or like the pressed Meteorites. Fingers crossed for the latter, but I'm betting the former 😉

And - a nail polish. "My First Polish" - it feels a little young to me, but I also really like it? I love the bottle design as the flacon bouchon coeur. 

Guerlain-Spring-2016-My-First-Polish.jpg

The pressed powder looks lovely, but does anyone else find the polish bottles to look a bit, uh, phallic? 🙊

I think the polish looks permanent. 

But I seriously want to cry with this collection. It's not reflective of Guerlain as a brand and I despise when they try to reach a "younger demographic." It doesn't work Guerlain. I'm in that age group you attempt to target to (18-24) 

I didn't buy Crazy Paris (Holiday 2013) for this reason.

Oh Im going to need that polish.

The voyage meteorites pressed (first pic) reminds me of dior snow rainbow powder 🙂

I want it, just afraid of what it might cost lol!

Overstock.com has quite a bit of Guerlain stuff on sale. 

The holiday meteorites are back in stock on Sephora's website.

Rouge G de Guerlain jewel Lipstick compact is back in stock online on Sephora

I was at Beauty Trend Show in Valley Fair at Nordstrom and talked to Kevin (national artist- P.S: He likes coffee. Buy him one.) and Chantel (another national artist) said that they may try to get another restock of the Holiday collection, but unconfirmed. 

Perhaps due to the "cosmetic blemishes" of Rouge Gs that Guz was talking about? 

Either way, keep on your toes in case before going on eBay. 

For those of you with a neiman marcus in your area you might want to call your counter if you're still looking for meteorites.  I was in for something else and they had just got it another 6 meteorites (I'm in fort worth), so Neiman Marcus may be distributing a few more to stores.  I myself am so in love with the tone of these ones that I purchased a third set, so that i will have them for years.  

Thanks! I'm in Fort Worth too. If I didn't already get them I'd be running over to Ridgmar 😉

I have an extra set I can part with if someone is ISO the holiday meteorites.

@Buggirl you are stocked for life! Now just wait until spring or next year's holiday set. The collecting is so addicting..

You have an extra of this year's holiday meterites? I am int. I use mine every day and am thinking I want a backup.

I was looking up magic balls and came across this mesmerizing picture. Search "CarolineSwing Guerlain Meteorites Balls - open" on Flickr for the shades. (Shades now in the spoiler.)

magicballs

Spoiler

All of the balls I've ever heard of, in order of release (mostly, oldest to newest) as of Feb 2014. 

First Row:

-Poudre Pour Le Visage / Powder for the Face, later called Mythic #01 (this style container 1987 - 1999) *

-Dorees (1998)

-Poudre Pour Le Visage / Powder for the Face, a special edition, but not special name (1999) ***

-Blanc (1999)

-Pearly Pink (1999)

-Mauve (1999)

-Vert (1999)

Second Row:

-Poudre Pour Le Visage, later called Mythic #01, no rim on new container (2000) *

-Pluie de Nacres, no rim on package (2000)

-Poudre Pour Le Visage, #01 later called Mythic, with rim on new container (2002) *

-Pink Fresh #02 (2002)

-Beige Chic #03 (2002)

-Red Pastel / Blushy Blush (Holiday 2002)

-Reflects de Nacres (Holiday 2003)

-Glittering Pearls (Holiday 2004)

Third Row:

-Winter Radiance (Holiday 2005)

-White Pearls (Summer 2006)

-Perles de Velours (Holiday 2006)

-Emilio Pucci (Spring 2007)

-Gold Temptation (Holiday 2007)

-Pearly White / Pastel White #04 (Summer 2009)

-Perles Imperiales (Holiday 2009)

-Absolute White #05, Asian LE (Spring 2010)

Forth Row:

-Butterfly Pearls (Holiday 2008) **

-Teint Rose #01, new silver metal package (Summer 2010)

-Teint Beige #02 (Summer 2010)

-Teint Dore #03 (Summer 2010)

-D'azur by Emilio Pucci (Summer 2010)

-Perles D’Or (Holiday 2010)

-Perles de Nuit (Holiday 2011)

-Du Paradis (Spring 2013) **

Fifth Row:

-Blanc de Perle #00, Asian LE (Summer 2012)

-Du Dragon (Holiday 2012)

-Light is in the Air (actually Teint Rose balls), Asian LE can (Summer 2013)

-Crazy, Holiday 2013

-Claire #02, new silver metal package (Jan 2014)

-Medium #03 (Jan 2014)

-Dore #04 (Jan 2014)

---

* - sets officially called Poudre Pour Le Visage / Powder for the Face, was later changed to Mythic #01 (not sure when, after 2002), it is the "equivalent" of Teint Rose (2010) and Claire #02 (Jan 2014)

** - The two sets with large size balls (Butterfly and Du Paradis) are not in order, but placed where they fit best.

*** - An LE that was released in 1999. Probably the first attempt at a special edition for the Holidays. I've never seen these anywhere, except my set which came from eBay over 10 years ago, but it is dated at the time Guerlain began to experiment with new types of balls (ie non-Mythic). As you can see, I have a lot of balls. I also have several older versions of Mythic and all of their boxes. Based on my experience and speaking with several people who have loved balls for decades and who have wonderful collections of their own, I have no doubt that these are genuine Guerlain Meteorites.

Perfumed balls and Terracotta Summer Stones not shown (not usually considered Meteorites), but I thought they deserved a brief mention.

Everything is named and dated to the best of my ability. If you have a correction, please feel free to share. 🙂

~~I bought my first set of Meteorites in 1998, Mythic and Dorees, but I did not become a collector until 2004. If you know of or have other versions of Meteorites, I would love to hear from you. 😄

I wonder if she buys duplicates  to use or only collects them.

i personally loved the seasonal meteorites this christmas so much that I bought three to use as I run out.  But I suspect that someone who has that many buys to collect.  

That makes sense. Which of the meteorites you own is your favorite?

This years holiday release are my favorites.  The goldish tone works well for me because I am exceedingly pale and some finishing powders, including meteorites that lean too pale, can appear ashy on me.  This release is a nice soft warm glow on my skin, much more than the normal clair release.

The holiday shade meteorites is a very pretty shade. I am considering purchasing the Meteorites pearls but I liked the medium shade better than the Clair because of the purple pearls but didn't know if it would be too strong of a highlight for my light skin tone?

Mmmm, I think I want to eat them! 😮

5 Replies
testing