Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Brand Loyal
|

For the love of all things Guerlain

There is a line that has buried itself in my heart (and my pocketbook), and it is Guerlain.  I know Im not the only one out there.  I thought I would start this thread for the discussion of all things Guerlain, skin care, makeup, perfume, places to get good gwp or good samples.  Experiences people have had, looks people have created with the products.  

For me it all started with a makeover by Guerlain's own Marie Line at my local Neiman Marcus.  She spent an hour with me and I left feeling calm and happy.  

As a mother of 4 year old twins and as a doctor I spend my live rushing through the day, often without enough sleep, more often without enough water, taking care of everyone else.  It shows on my face, in the fatigue in my eyes, in the puffiness and dark circles under them.  While I have been blessed with good skin it can be confused, aging (I bought my guerlain the day prior to my 40th birthday), but still with an oily t zone, and with patchy dry spots on my cheeks likely from the dry air in my medical work environment.  One of the things she said to me was- make it about a ritual for you, and dont leave it until your going to fall asleep.  I walked out with the orchidee imperiele gel cream, eye and lip cream and white/brightenining serum.  It was a birthday gift to myself.  And now every night I sit down for 15 minutes and wash my face and slowly carry through the ritual.  a ritual of energy expended and renewed.  Breathing in the soft smell of the orchids.  Im still using a cleanser and exfoliator from another line given how much I spent, but I have seen substantial change in my face in the 3 weeks since.  

so thats my story, and I would love to share a discussion with other lovers of Guerlain, especially as we eagerly anticipate the 2015 holiday collection.

Guerlain-Holiday-2015-Neiges-Merveilles.jpg

guerlainparis.jpg

Re: For the love of all things Guerlain

I didn't like the guerlain brush so tried a Sephora brand & real techniques but didn't like them either. I finally ended up going through all of my brushes and decided I liked the bare minerals freebie one I got long back with the original foundation. It doesn't have a number or anything so I can't tell exactly which one it is. 

I want to get the Marc Jacobs powder brush to try with it next! I wouldn't waste the money on the guerlain one- it's quite scratchy.

I just want to say Sephora impresses me. The first time ever ever my balls got to me without being crushed. 🙂

That's awesome! =D I bought them from The Bay Canada >>>>

>>Sephora impresses Canadian's so much so -sarcasm- that we never even got them in-stock on the Canadian site and never will LOL 😛

i see the holiday balls on the bay website  again!!!! 😄 

what are the chances The Bay Eatons Centre has them in store when i go on Saturday? 

my fellow toronto ladies should i just go in or call in on friday just in case 

They sold out their entire holiday meteorites stock the first day it was released. Unless they received another shipment, it's highly unlikely they would have more 😞

It keeps showing up on my facebook feed as an ad for The Bay and when I click on it out of curiosity, the Meteorites seem to be in stock again!!

it's like added hype lol..they go in and out of stock and I'm always updating everyone because the meteorites are stalking meee and I checked and they're on the bay right now!!

I tried to look on the bay website and can't seem to find it.

http://www.thebay.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/en/thebay/m%C3%A9t%C3%A9orites-flocons-enchant%C3%A9...

Edit: seems you cant add them to your cart but I have seen this go off and on the site quite frequently so just keep checking

Dammit. Says out of stock

I would call just in case! 🙂 

I ordered my meteorites online so I'm not sure how limited the stock is in stores 

This year I feel the collection sold out faster than normal. I'm even talking about the 2011 Holiday, Liu was the name of the collection. This is the first year I seen Guerlain not have a scented glitter atomizer thing. There was no fragrance to tie this collection to. 

BTW: Dragon Pearls and the palette Ombres de Turandot (eyeshadow) are still things I seek. 

Anonymous Insider

I couldn't believe how fast this year's sold out either, especially given the markup. Maybe we can take it as a sign of a much healthier economy?

The Dragon pearls were on my list, too (couldn't resist that black lacquer packaging) and I finally snagged them through eBay for a pretty reasonable price. I was a little worried that they might be fakes, but they were totally legit. Good luck with your search!

Tons of social media hype around everything nowadays and a huge makeup following!!!

True, they also did try to revamp their image starting with Holiday 2013 (This was the Crazy Paris one) hoping to gain a younger audience. Not at those prices though 😛 

Also, pretty packaging... 🙂 

Yes definitely a lot of hype around absolutely everything. I guess they know they have to go after the younger target market too now if they want moolah rolling in times of recession lol

Does ANYONE know where I can find the Holiday Lippie??? I've been looking online and I can't find it available anywhere 😞 i live in the US by the way, haha

I preordered mine from Sax; apparently they have more stock coming in before Christmas.

So how did you go about pre ordering it? Do you have it now? Or are you getting it around Christmas?

This is my experience from ordering the holiday meteorites online from The Bay in case any Canadians were considering purchasing through them.

I ordered the holiday meteorites on Halloween and got my packaged shipped... with just the 3 free samples in a HUGE box this past Thursday. Today I got a e-mail saying that my order was cancelled because it was "out of stock" but it is still available on the website.... I guess I won't be getting the holiday meteorites this year 😞

I'm so sad for you heartmade.  I checked the website, and it is no longer up.  Perhaps you can buy it from the Murale website or from SDM?  I am waiting for those two stores to get it so I can get optimum points or do a redemption.

Just double check your CC bill and make sure they refund your money.  

Try SDM! They just got their shipment and may still have them available if they weren't claimed. 

testing