Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Brand Loyal
|

For the love of all things Guerlain

There is a line that has buried itself in my heart (and my pocketbook), and it is Guerlain.  I know Im not the only one out there.  I thought I would start this thread for the discussion of all things Guerlain, skin care, makeup, perfume, places to get good gwp or good samples.  Experiences people have had, looks people have created with the products.  

For me it all started with a makeover by Guerlain's own Marie Line at my local Neiman Marcus.  She spent an hour with me and I left feeling calm and happy.  

As a mother of 4 year old twins and as a doctor I spend my live rushing through the day, often without enough sleep, more often without enough water, taking care of everyone else.  It shows on my face, in the fatigue in my eyes, in the puffiness and dark circles under them.  While I have been blessed with good skin it can be confused, aging (I bought my guerlain the day prior to my 40th birthday), but still with an oily t zone, and with patchy dry spots on my cheeks likely from the dry air in my medical work environment.  One of the things she said to me was- make it about a ritual for you, and dont leave it until your going to fall asleep.  I walked out with the orchidee imperiele gel cream, eye and lip cream and white/brightenining serum.  It was a birthday gift to myself.  And now every night I sit down for 15 minutes and wash my face and slowly carry through the ritual.  a ritual of energy expended and renewed.  Breathing in the soft smell of the orchids.  Im still using a cleanser and exfoliator from another line given how much I spent, but I have seen substantial change in my face in the 3 weeks since.  

so thats my story, and I would love to share a discussion with other lovers of Guerlain, especially as we eagerly anticipate the 2015 holiday collection.

Guerlain-Holiday-2015-Neiges-Merveilles.jpg

guerlainparis.jpg

Re: For the love of all things Guerlain

This was my wishlist since the dior items came in, so they kept it on hold(they do fr regulars) and then guerlain was added as soon as it came in. I will let u know next time 🙂

I'm trying to upload a pic of my Meteorites (not that anyone hasn't seen them yet LOL) but still. Anywho I am not able to upload pics -NOOB-

My holiday Meteorites arrived today and they were completely intact, which was a relief. They're so beautiful. These are my first Meteorites ever and I can't wait to use them. Any recommendations on the best way to apply them?

I haven't been able to bring myself to use them yet. They're so beautiful and I don't want them to go away.

I am too impatient to NOT use anything pretty and special right away 😉 I got mine last Monday and have already used them 3-4 times.

I love what they do to the finished look of my makeup.

How do you apply? Just curious does everyone put them all over or just on areas to highlight?

I usually do all over the face to get more of a consistent glow - however, sometimes I use a small brush if I want to use one of the specific colours and apply it more directly to an area for highlighting like cheekbones and Cupid's bow (although in my experience the meteorite balls are a bit tough to pin down individually for that purpose, so I end up using a Becca highlighter for most of my everyday purposes unless I'm going for a specific colour on the meteorites).

I just got my first ones today too!!! I was so excited and was scared that the meteorites would be broken but they don't seem to be!! I am so excited to try them out =D

Fantastic! I'm so happy they arrived safe & sound. Aren't they magnificent? Guerlain really outdid themselves with the packaging this season.

I think everyone has their own method of application. I use mine as a finishing powder and use the Marc Jacobs bronzer brush to apply it - it's big, soft & gives a lot of coverage so it has worked quite well for me. I have been using meteorites for three years now and it's part of my daily makeup routine.

I am so excited to use them. They look so pretty!! I haven't really used a finishing powder so I am excited to see what this looks like on my skin. Today has been a busy day and I wish I tried them out. Cannot wait to try them tomorrow. All I could think when I got my package was- OMG the balls arrived (LOL) and are they broken? Now that I know it's all A-OK cannot wait to use them!!!!!

I might try that, thanks. I have a big MUFE brush that might do the trick. I'm so excited to try them. I think if there was ever a chance to try them, this year and this packaging is it ❤️

Does anyone one know anywhere that still has the Holiday Rouge G in stock?

It's also on preorder (back order) at Saks. 

PM-ed you 🙂

For those that have ordered and received the holiday meteorites, did they arrive intact?
With the help of another BT-er I was able to order mine and they arrived like this and I'm unsure if this is "normal" dust or "damaged"...if that makes sense

12200854_10153630106265690_317103370_n.jpg

If they were upside down in package the dust could have settled. Mine arrived upside down and they looked similar to your picture.

Did one or two crumble? That's what it looks like from the picture.  I have bought 3 different ones from Sephora, including this holiday one, and they have all arrived in perfect condition with minimal dust.  Maybe you should send this pic to customer service and ask if they can replace it.  It's hard to say where the damage happened, maybe when the UPS guys threw the box around.  I would be disappointed too. (If it's just a few, maybe not.)

That looks pretty normal to me!

It's kind of hard to tell, but it looks like they are mostly intact with minimal damage. I have seen much worse.

They're so LE I don't want to go through the hassle of tracking down a new one to exchange if this is considered an "okay" amount of dust you know?

Mine have to arrive yet from The Bay lol. Let's see what mine look like! Can you exchange from where you purchased them from? I don't even know what an okay amount of dust would be. 😞 bummer it doesn't look too bad but who am I to assess lol I have nothing  to compare to?!

testing