Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Brand Loyal
|

For the love of all things Guerlain

There is a line that has buried itself in my heart (and my pocketbook), and it is Guerlain.  I know Im not the only one out there.  I thought I would start this thread for the discussion of all things Guerlain, skin care, makeup, perfume, places to get good gwp or good samples.  Experiences people have had, looks people have created with the products.  

For me it all started with a makeover by Guerlain's own Marie Line at my local Neiman Marcus.  She spent an hour with me and I left feeling calm and happy.  

As a mother of 4 year old twins and as a doctor I spend my live rushing through the day, often without enough sleep, more often without enough water, taking care of everyone else.  It shows on my face, in the fatigue in my eyes, in the puffiness and dark circles under them.  While I have been blessed with good skin it can be confused, aging (I bought my guerlain the day prior to my 40th birthday), but still with an oily t zone, and with patchy dry spots on my cheeks likely from the dry air in my medical work environment.  One of the things she said to me was- make it about a ritual for you, and dont leave it until your going to fall asleep.  I walked out with the orchidee imperiele gel cream, eye and lip cream and white/brightenining serum.  It was a birthday gift to myself.  And now every night I sit down for 15 minutes and wash my face and slowly carry through the ritual.  a ritual of energy expended and renewed.  Breathing in the soft smell of the orchids.  Im still using a cleanser and exfoliator from another line given how much I spent, but I have seen substantial change in my face in the 3 weeks since.  

so thats my story, and I would love to share a discussion with other lovers of Guerlain, especially as we eagerly anticipate the 2015 holiday collection.

Guerlain-Holiday-2015-Neiges-Merveilles.jpg

guerlainparis.jpg

Re: For the love of all things Guerlain

I don't think it's a defect. Probably a part of manufacturing process. If you look at bottom of plastic jars (like for creams) lots of them have that nub at the bottom. The way these jars are molded, it's bound to be somewhere unfortunately. I have 6 random plastic containers (with body lotions, lip balms, hand cream inside them) and 3 of them have that on the bottom. Maybe some batches will be better than others.

ME TOO.  I went to scope out the ones in store but they all seem to have it.  It's only noticeable when you look straight at it so I'm trying to ignore it.  

I'm wondering if all are defective or just some 

Hmm...has anyone tried the Blanc de Perle line? Any comments?

(I'm trying out the Brightening Lotion that I got as a sample a while back, but won't see results until at least a month, I suspect!)

I sense a problem developing lol

image.jpeg

This picture brought me here... 😛 

Oh, lovely collection! When was the one in the top right corner released??

those are last year's holiday ones! My favorite 🙂

Darn, so close!! They are indeed so very pretty. Thanks!

I hope we have more beautiful tins to look forward to! 🙂

Lovely collection! I only have two classic Meteorites and one pressed one that I've hit pan on. 

What a beautiful problem to have! That rosy one with the cherubs is gorgeous!

That's a pretty collection ....

Are the new meteorites as good as the older ones? I heard the older ones were better in texture and quality =( I only just purchased my first ones- being the holiday set with the stars and balls 😉

I can't really make a definite comparison since the only ones I have from the permanent collection are the ones in the top left which are from a few years back. I don't have any of the newer ones to compare them with and I find the holiday meteorites to be slightly different, usually just a little more sparkly but nothing overwhelming 🙂

Cool. Is the texture of last year's holiday meteorites the same as this year's? Or do they kick up more powder? Just curious lol can't help it.....

I might get a permanent one this year. Do you find yourself reaching for them a lot to finish off your makeup looks?

Not a problem girl! I don't mind telling you about my experience with them. Tbh I haven't tried this years meteorites yet because I can't bring myself to mess up their pristineness quite yet lol but I do reach for either the regular ones or last years holiday ones everyday, even when I'm not wearing any other makeup, it just gives me a certain glow that I love!

Nice! I think I would love them then. Definitely with those no-makeup days because you still want that glow 😃 I'm all about the glow and highlight lol. I shall now look into which permanent ones to get. I really like the tin packaging and am becoming obsessed with meteorites the more I see them and yet mine are getting shipped to me. But I really have never added a finishing powder to my makeup looks and I think it might be nice for a more seamless look since I have been spritzing my face with setting sprays and what not just to add the dewy-ness back to my look. Sometimes the makeup just looks too much like makeup haha (for lack of better descriptive words) and I just want to keep the look more dewy and natural and flawless looking!

You're going to get addicted lol and then we can start comparing pictures of all our pretty balls!

Yes I am slowly becoming an addict and once I get my hands on those pretty balls I know I'll want more hahaha...You're picture is super pretty and now I must collect them -walks away in a zombie trance-

Ooooh I'm just a little jelly there! Once I googled Meteorite collections and there are some craaaaazy big collections on Insta....I just broke open my stars balls today...

1 Reply
testing