Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Brand Loyal
|

For the love of all things Guerlain

There is a line that has buried itself in my heart (and my pocketbook), and it is Guerlain.  I know Im not the only one out there.  I thought I would start this thread for the discussion of all things Guerlain, skin care, makeup, perfume, places to get good gwp or good samples.  Experiences people have had, looks people have created with the products.  

For me it all started with a makeover by Guerlain's own Marie Line at my local Neiman Marcus.  She spent an hour with me and I left feeling calm and happy.  

As a mother of 4 year old twins and as a doctor I spend my live rushing through the day, often without enough sleep, more often without enough water, taking care of everyone else.  It shows on my face, in the fatigue in my eyes, in the puffiness and dark circles under them.  While I have been blessed with good skin it can be confused, aging (I bought my guerlain the day prior to my 40th birthday), but still with an oily t zone, and with patchy dry spots on my cheeks likely from the dry air in my medical work environment.  One of the things she said to me was- make it about a ritual for you, and dont leave it until your going to fall asleep.  I walked out with the orchidee imperiele gel cream, eye and lip cream and white/brightenining serum.  It was a birthday gift to myself.  And now every night I sit down for 15 minutes and wash my face and slowly carry through the ritual.  a ritual of energy expended and renewed.  Breathing in the soft smell of the orchids.  Im still using a cleanser and exfoliator from another line given how much I spent, but I have seen substantial change in my face in the 3 weeks since.  

so thats my story, and I would love to share a discussion with other lovers of Guerlain, especially as we eagerly anticipate the 2015 holiday collection.

Guerlain-Holiday-2015-Neiges-Merveilles.jpg

guerlainparis.jpg

Re: For the love of all things Guerlain

I posted this in another thread but thought I'd share it here as well 🙂 

We all love meteorites but we know that they are terrible to travel with. Here's my solution to the problem:

2f078671-ff09-441e-96d0-d97521a12f71.jpg

20151016125848.jpg

They are 20g mineral makeup jars that measure 2" across and 3/4" tall. Size reference to the deluxe size Becca SSP and a deluxe size Too Faced Chocolate Soleil that I repotted (I know the latter isn't as helpful...it was originally a Laura Mercier deluxe creme foundation). I got 4 jars for $13.95 and although the listing says it includes sifters, I didn't mind that I did not receive them.

http://amzn.com/B00HHCORBM

I stacked two cotton rounds and trimmed them to fit between the lid and the meteorites to cushion them a little more -- I plan on switching to a foam makeup pad once I find one the right size and thickness.

So far these have been working really well for me! I prefer mini/travel/deluxe sized items when it comes to powders since the full sized items always take up so much room. If it doesn't fit into my makeup bag I have a tendency to just forget to use them. This way, I can keep multiple meteorites in my makeup bag without damaging them. Plus, I just feel like it's more hygienic 😛

Cute and I like the hygienic aspect to this!

Great idea! They look so cute, too!

This would be a good solution for those ebay bulk ballz too!

That is a great idea! Thanks for sharing.

Oh no, please don't go through my Guerlain phase. My wallet, thankfully recovered because I was doing that as a poor college student and got a job. (Now looking for another one.) 

For me, my first Guerlain experience wasn't positive when my aunt force applied meteorites on my face. But of course my first time hearing about it was: "WTF IS A LIPSTICK WORTH $45???" (Now $53). The ruby powder did pique my interest. But my first product was either Lingerie de Peau thanks to Marcus Morson (Guerlain artist) or a Rouge G Le Brlliant because it was at a duty free shop. 

Since then I love the brand, but now branched out. I do try to collect the Holiday collection as much as I can. I do tend to collect Guerlain rather than use them. 

My picks are Rouge Gs, Maxi Lash So Volume, the old shadow palettes (no print) and meteorites. 

I own the Rainbow, Night at the Opera and Cruel Gardenia meteorites. 

Holiday 2011: Ombres de Nuit 

Holiday 2012: Liu Palette

Holiday 2013: I didn't pick up anything from Crazy Paris because I didn't like the collection.

Holiday 2014: Night at the Opera Meteorites, Maxi Shine in Rouge Parade. 

Holiday 2015: Ordering and thinking. 

I'll post pics of my Guerlain collection when I get back. 

Anonymous Insider

Meteorites are back in stock on the Sephora website!

Got my meteorites and Maxi velvet lipstick from nordies last night. I am soo happy that I bought both of these. I was afraid that the meteorites scent would bother me, but it's actually quite light and barely noticeable. And the maxi velvet formula is amazing! I hope they have more colors soon.

I got my meteorites from nordstrom today!

however it was packaged REALLY poorly and as a result some of my meteorites ended up a little cracked. there was 0 padding in my package, just box, order slip and meteorites...needless to say i'm pretty upset

picture included to show the lack of packaging 😞

upload_1482454105383528327.jpg

Do NOT order meteorites from Nordstrom! This is my experience and I intend to go pick up and BUY mine from the source. 

San Francisco Nordie's has some in stock due to Trend Show! 😄 

Yeah, I'm gonna pick it up from the store from now on. Originally, I was in Nordstrom on Friday and saw it in person and decided against picking it up then and there and just wait until Monday since my package already shipped on Wednesday. I wanted to give my SA the sale since I ordered it through her and she wasn't working on Friday 😞

Luckily, she put the new not broken one on hold so I think she still got the sale ^_^ But from now on, I'll just ask them to hold me one in store when they receive the shipments haha. I don't think I'll be ordering cosmetics from them anymore online!

So sorry that happened to you but, honestly, I'm not surprised.  They do that to me all the time so I never order anything fragile from them.

yeah! learned my lesson 😞 i'll pick it up in store like i do with most sephora products. i'm so scared of my products breaking in the mail now 😧 i thought nordstrom would be more up to snuff with their packaging.

You know what's funny?  My cousin in law who is visiting ordered a holiday candle set from them last week and when it arrived today it was wrapped like crazy.  These candles aren't even that fragile because they're in tins. 

I have had bad luck with Sephora too though.  I've had 2 Hourglass palettes arrive smashed so if I have to order a fragile item (if it's not carried at a store near me) I really pray hard that it'll arrive intact.

I ordered converse from them once and it came wrapped very well, even though they were in shoe boxes and they are just shoes. It made me much more upset at the way my meteorites came. I mean, at least throw some air packets in right? Even Amazon will throw some in lol

I totally agree.  How hard is it to pack things well?  

FFFUUUUUUU! I just ordered from Nordies the other day:(

Mine came today and all was fine. Im soo glad flyte's store solved the problem! 

I texted my SA immediately when I found out some were cracked and she was nice enough to put one of the remaining two on hold in store for me to exchange 😄 At least Nordie's has great customer service.

The nearest Nordstrom to me is 2 hours away:(

Did your balls get crushed? You can contact Nordies and they might be able to send a new one, with notes to pack it better.

4 Replies
testing