Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Brand Loyal
|

For the love of all things Guerlain

There is a line that has buried itself in my heart (and my pocketbook), and it is Guerlain.  I know Im not the only one out there.  I thought I would start this thread for the discussion of all things Guerlain, skin care, makeup, perfume, places to get good gwp or good samples.  Experiences people have had, looks people have created with the products.  

For me it all started with a makeover by Guerlain's own Marie Line at my local Neiman Marcus.  She spent an hour with me and I left feeling calm and happy.  

As a mother of 4 year old twins and as a doctor I spend my live rushing through the day, often without enough sleep, more often without enough water, taking care of everyone else.  It shows on my face, in the fatigue in my eyes, in the puffiness and dark circles under them.  While I have been blessed with good skin it can be confused, aging (I bought my guerlain the day prior to my 40th birthday), but still with an oily t zone, and with patchy dry spots on my cheeks likely from the dry air in my medical work environment.  One of the things she said to me was- make it about a ritual for you, and dont leave it until your going to fall asleep.  I walked out with the orchidee imperiele gel cream, eye and lip cream and white/brightenining serum.  It was a birthday gift to myself.  And now every night I sit down for 15 minutes and wash my face and slowly carry through the ritual.  a ritual of energy expended and renewed.  Breathing in the soft smell of the orchids.  Im still using a cleanser and exfoliator from another line given how much I spent, but I have seen substantial change in my face in the 3 weeks since.  

so thats my story, and I would love to share a discussion with other lovers of Guerlain, especially as we eagerly anticipate the 2015 holiday collection.

Guerlain-Holiday-2015-Neiges-Merveilles.jpg

guerlainparis.jpg

Re: For the love of all things Guerlain

Crushed balls = no good 😉

Haaaaaaa! 

Alway handle balls with care.

excuse me while i die over here  xD HAHAHAHAh

Must be gentle with the balls!

Your guys' conversation was showing up on the main page and it sounded rather...well I just needed to see what was going on haha

I came here to heart all the ball talk 😉

Hahahaha

They shipped yesterday. I'm hoping they come intact!

hopefully they will! nordstrom usually packs their stuff well, hoping mine was just a one-off sort of deal ^_^

I just received my box yesterday and haven't opened it yet....hope they are ok!

How can you let it remain unopened!! I tear into my boxes as soon as I see them - no patience!

Oh no! I ordered from Nordstrom too. Mine won't come until wed. Lately they are a bit sloppy. Last time, I ordered some Shiseido skincare, the package came without gwp. When I called, they said my gwp selection is oos and asked me which other selection I'd like. A week came by, the gwp finally came but it was totally different from what I asked for. 😞

I texted my SA immediately when I found out some were cracked and she was nice enough to put one of the remaining two on hold in store for me to exchange 😄

I'm not sure what is up with USPS these days, my SA also sent me the Guerlain GWP thrugh USPS when I ordered the meteorites and USPS lost it 😞 I live like 5-10 minutes of a drive to the Nordstrom it was mailed from too!

If you go on Izzy's Beauty Shoppe they do have refills, which is now me going... "I'm going to return Gracia for this at Sephora and this was during the 4x points event." And then turning the VIB event. 

I'm planning to also do that with my Madame Batfoile case. Which is a fishnet stocking print... Fall 2012. 

I had the same reaction to the shade 😞 So, I bought the velvet maxi lippie today and I'm going to layer lol. So, you are not alone! 😄

I did this same thing with the Givenchy lipstick with the flower case. 🙂

I have Clair meteorites (which I love, and am starting to get low on), but I've always kicked myself for not getting a jar of Teinte Rose. (I only took the plunge and bought meteorites after Sephora offered the mini meteorites promo, which was after Teinte Rose was discontinued.)

Light is in the Air meteorites have the Teinte Rose color, but in special packaging. Is it worth it? Should I get it? Or should I just use Sephora's $20 off coupon and buy another jar of Clair?

meteorites light is in the air 2.png

Wait what? You're getting low on meteorites? Wow, amazing 😉 I have Teinte Rose. It's nice but if you can hunt down Du Dragon, grab that. It is my favorite of all meteorites. 😉

I know, I'm surprised, too. I use it every day. I apply it all over the face, and then again over the cheekbones, nose, and forehead. Also, when it first arrived, about 1/4 of the pearls were broken, so there is a lot of meteorites dust which is too sparkly/heavy to use. Plus, I don't own any different versions, so I use the same jar every day.

Du Dragon is gorgeous! Does it do much for redness? That's why Clair works so well for me because it has those green redness-correcting pearls. 

If you are in Canada, check out Shopper's some of them have the Teinte Rose still. I bought my Teint Beige couple of weeks ago. If u really want it, I can go grab one for you from my local store!

testing