Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Brand Loyal
|

For the love of all things Guerlain

There is a line that has buried itself in my heart (and my pocketbook), and it is Guerlain.  I know Im not the only one out there.  I thought I would start this thread for the discussion of all things Guerlain, skin care, makeup, perfume, places to get good gwp or good samples.  Experiences people have had, looks people have created with the products.  

For me it all started with a makeover by Guerlain's own Marie Line at my local Neiman Marcus.  She spent an hour with me and I left feeling calm and happy.  

As a mother of 4 year old twins and as a doctor I spend my live rushing through the day, often without enough sleep, more often without enough water, taking care of everyone else.  It shows on my face, in the fatigue in my eyes, in the puffiness and dark circles under them.  While I have been blessed with good skin it can be confused, aging (I bought my guerlain the day prior to my 40th birthday), but still with an oily t zone, and with patchy dry spots on my cheeks likely from the dry air in my medical work environment.  One of the things she said to me was- make it about a ritual for you, and dont leave it until your going to fall asleep.  I walked out with the orchidee imperiele gel cream, eye and lip cream and white/brightenining serum.  It was a birthday gift to myself.  And now every night I sit down for 15 minutes and wash my face and slowly carry through the ritual.  a ritual of energy expended and renewed.  Breathing in the soft smell of the orchids.  Im still using a cleanser and exfoliator from another line given how much I spent, but I have seen substantial change in my face in the 3 weeks since.  

so thats my story, and I would love to share a discussion with other lovers of Guerlain, especially as we eagerly anticipate the 2015 holiday collection.

Guerlain-Holiday-2015-Neiges-Merveilles.jpg

guerlainparis.jpg

Re: For the love of all things Guerlain

yes, I mix them sometimes too. I have no problems using the square pans with my brush though

me too

Took time off from watching cat videos to answer this pressing question of the day: are they or aren't they the same freakin' palette?

Edited (the first photo I uploaded had the blushes wrong):

Guerlain palettes 1.png

Ors et Merveilles vs inverted Petrouchka. All photos from Temptalia.

Guerlain palettes 2.png

Thx you ST. I still undecide about the palette. I love last yr palette but it they are too similar I have to past this yr palette. Decision! Decision!

I really like the colours in this year's plaette, but I was just reading Temptalia's review and I realized that the blush pans might be too small for me. 

I had thought I would for sure get it... but now I'm feeling like the colours are dupable, and as pretty as it is, I think the tiny blushes would drive me crazy...

Can anyone who gets it share some photos maybe or comment on the size of the blush pans?

I have last year's palette and I believe that it's exactly the same sizes as this year. I can try to take some photos to show in comparisons to a blush brush. I love last year's palette, but seeing Temptalia's review also I don't think I'll be getting this one anymore. The colors are very similar I already rarely use the blushes of the petrouchka palette... basically the "larger blush" pans barely fit my blush brush (and I use small blush brushes). They're basically the size of  a square pan of a Tarte eye shadow (maybe even smaller!). The 2 smaller blushes, you can barely use, they're about 3/4 the size lengthwise of one of the naked palette eye shadows! It's beautiful and I don't regret buying last year's but I can't justify spending another $100 on this one. especially since it under performed too... 

Ill take pictures of it in my hand when I get mine.  Since I didn't have last years there isn't a question of whether i should based on duplication.  I would say the browns appear a touch warmer this year as compared to last year, but definitely extremely close. 

Hmm, really you think they look warmer this year? I was hoping they'd be cooler... 

In that case, I think it is just a safer bet for me to skip. It's very pretty, but I think I'd be disappointed with the blush sizes and possibly eyeshadow shades 😞 

um ignore me, i was reading the new one as being on the right.  if the new one is on the left i do think it looks a little cooler

for those or you that use meteorites regularly and like to display them in a different way- macy's has a set of two godinger hersheys shaped glass trinket boxes on sale for 7.99 right now, so it would be easy to put out some of your regular meteorites and some of your holiday ones while keeping the packaging in good shape

candydish.jpg

I'm sure this is somewhere buried in this thread so forgive me but does anyone remember how much last year's holiday meteorites were?  I have them but can't remember.

$60 I think. Big price bump 😞

Well if it makes us feel any better, this year jar is bigger 1 vs 0.88 😉 lol. I guess the stars cost us extra 😉

Haha I like that BK - always enabling! 😉

Ahh right.  I felt that it is much more expensive this year.  I was kind of thinking of buying them only because they're so pretty to look at but for that much I'd better be able to wear them also and I doubt that these will work for my skin tone.

Well I intend to get them at some point even though the price makes me cringe at a little...I'll be able to let you know how they work on our kind of skintone 😉

Ahh ojk,  thanks MK.  I'm going to hold off and stick to my original plan to buy the lipstick only.  But I'm curious since we really lucked out last year.  Those meteorites are great on our skin tone.

Oh cool, I was going to wait and see how the lipstick looked on our skintone 😄

Yeah I know, last year's were perfect. I love them.

I'll admit that I will buy it only because of the packaging.  I don't even care if the lipstick suits me or not 😉

Yes, they were the first (and only) meteorites I've purchased and it was a great buy!

Yeah, that's my reasoning for both the lipstick and meteorites lol. I just hope the color is not too unflattering, I hate buying makeup that I will never use, even if it's really pretty

Exactly!

3 Replies
testing