Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Insiders
|

Focus Question: Beauty Insider

Shopping_Girl_BI.jpg

BeautyTalkers! We want to hear from you:

What can Store Employees do to make you feel appreciated and valued as a Beauty Insider while you are shopping in store?

Share your thoughts in the comments below!

Re: Focus Question: Beauty Insider

Offering samples, and a little extra for rouges. The "we don't have any samples" has gotten old and tiresome. A beauty store without beauty samples, 😄  Oh, and please don't call us sample trolls when we ask for samples. We are customers, not trolls!

Do not treat us like a shoplifter when we are examining a purchase because if anything is wrong with it and we return it, the problem is always my fault.

Also it would be great if the employees share info with us such as the secret F&F sale, etc.

I know how that feels. The "we don't have it". I got my Rouge kit online and didn't receive my card with it. I called Sephora about it and they told me to go the store because they couldn't mail it. I went to the store a couple of times but they never have it...:/

It would be nice if SA's didn't yell at you for trying to make an online return, and if they listened to you when trying to make a return/exchange(two separate incidents).  

Samples would be nice, but it's hard to stock every promo that's available online.

SA's that actually want to help me, and don't make me feel like I'm inconveniencing them.  

Less judging when I walk in wearing sweats, when I come to Sephora I plan on spending money, yoga pants or not.  

Giving out samples without attitude would be a step in the right direction. I get that some people come to store to try to get free stuff but I always feel super awkward about asking for a sample of skincare. I feel so pressure to buy the product right away when all I want to do is test it at home for a couple days first to make sure I'm not going to react negatively. I have every intention of coming back to buy the product but whenever I've asked for a sample, the SA usually glares at me, makes a sample, and then walks away without asking if I was interested in other products. I usually spend at least $50 per trip so it's not like I'm just trolling for free samples.

Since it's so awkward in the store, I end up buying online more. But I feel like that leads to more returns, especially for skincare. 

I just remember Sephora a couple years ago when it used to be generous with samples and really customer service oriented. 

I agree with the majority here, I love it when Store Employees offer me samples while I'm shopping on the floor and when they throw in foil samples at the cash register 🙂 Adding that little special touch makes the transaction seem more personal, rather than having the Store Employee just scan the products, throw them in a bag and send me off.

*Offer great samples/promos in store just like we can get online, or better.

*Offer some kind of pin, token, or bag so SA's can know we're VIB/Rouge while shopping.

*Maybe if we could get CashBack when we shop in store too? I know that's an agreement your company will have to make with Discover/Ebates, but the reason I shop more online, besides the samples/promos, is because of the cash back I receive when I do so.

Anonymous Insider

actually care and not act rude towards younger clients, (im thirteen) because you never know if one experience at Sephora will change a client to go elsewhere, also yes samples are totally appreciated considering how stingy they normally are.

i agree with what was said below. just offer good samples! each time i have asked for samples in the store i am told that there are none, or there is only one, whereas online i get 3. 

I mostly order online because of the extra perks available. 

The biggest thing would be to refer me to an expert employee without my having to ask if my questions are exceeding their knowledge. Some of the employees are not knowledgeable about certain products, product lines, concerns, alternative options, etc. I don't feel comfortable when I know more about the products I'm interested in than the person trying to help me knows. 

It would be nice if we were offered 3 samples in store when we check out - even better if Rouges were offered deluxe samples (or more than 3 foil samples). 

Just being offered samples because we're BI members would be really nice!

I feel like it's SUCH a hassle to ask for a sample, besides my SiJCP when I go to a Sephora I've never been offered a sample!

And seriously just the crew members giving us a little bit more attention! I remember when I went to the Mall of Prussia, Rachael (I can't remember her position) but she was soooo sweet and took the time to really get to know me in a sense!! I spent so much during that visit, and it was the first time I was introduced to ColorIQ.

Off the top of my head...

The #1 way I would feel more appreciated is if I could get similar promo and sample offers when making a purchase in store!! There aren't enough reasons for me to shop in person knowing that I'm missing out on promos. If I knew I could get a deluxe sample with each $25 spent, I wouldn't hesitate to shop in person all the time!

Also would be nice if employees inquired if we were BI soon after being greeted. It would be a good opportunity to explain the program if someone isn't enrolled, but also an opportunity to fawn over us if we already are, especially at VIB and Rouge levels. It might also cut down on store employees acting as if I might be a shop lifter just because I browse for a super long time!

Thanks for asking, Sephora!

Agreed! I spend a butt load of money at Sephora but I do it online because there are no perks in store and no recognition. I also feel like we should (Rouge especially) get special treatment in store! I feel like the in store associates make me feel like I am mooching if I ask for a sample of something.  Especially at SIJCP! 

I completely agree. There have been a few times where I have gone in the store to ask for a sample of a few different foundations because I knew I wanted something different, but didn't know what and I was made to feel as if I wasn't worth their time or effort. Like I was mooching as well and if I'm not going to make a big enough purchase then I'm left to fend for myself. Having some sort of recognition that I'm a VIB might make them put in a little more effort because one of those samples would have gotten purchased within the next week once I decided which one I wanted, but because I was left out with the wolves I never went back and got my samples. 

Another time I spent $274 in one stop in store and didn't get any perks or samples or anything. None were even offered. Only the point perks. I mainly stick to online shopping for those reasons. 

-In store samples

-The same GWP samples that other retailers offer

-Some sort of identification while shopping. I don't appreciate that I come in and am ignored after spending enough to hit Rouge, because I happened to pop in on a day I was wearing jeans.

-Acknowledging the various BI levels at check out instead of just asking for your card and blindly scanning

Agree with all of the above. It would be nice for the employees to know I'm Rouge before I check out. 

225 Replies
testing