kbmatthews

Favourite Promos/Samples

What has been your favourite Sephora promo code/deluxe sample so far?

If you could pick, what would you like to see as a deluxe sample?

notcreative

Re: Favourite Promos/Samples

I have not received it yet, but I am looking forward to my full sized Anastasia Beverly Hills brow gel.

My favorite sample was the Glamglow for eyes.  I could not buy the full size fast enough.

My favorite point perk was the 500 point Stila.  The beso lipstick is not my color, but I loved everything else.

colorprodigy

Lippies! I love sample lipsticks, glosses, balms, stains, etc. I would say mascara, because I always use it, but when I was sorting through my makeup a few days back I discovered 17 tubes - both full-size and sample/mini-sized. 

chocopudding

I really like the promos that come with more than just beauty products, i.e. ones that come with other goodies like a bracelet, pouche, scarf, etc. Which is probably why I nabbed the Marc Jacobs Honey, Dior, YSL, and Rosabotanica sets when they came out. I suppose I like to have something a little longer lasting than a product that I can use up/purchase.

That being said, I'm a sucker for any mini lipsticks. *__* like the one included in the Dior set....I wish they would just make a set of mini Dior lipsticks! I would be all over that like my dog would be over bacon.

grayreb

I agree on getting extra goodies. I loved my Rosabotanica scarf ( unfortunately my boyfriend was allergic to the perfume, but at least I still got smoething out of it). The little bottle was very cute, too.

chelsd

I avoid the ones with accessories like the plague.  Pouches: I do not need another pouch ever.  The Rosabotanica scarf looked really pretty though.  Which brand do you think gives accessories that are the most luxe?

chocopudding

[ Edited ]

Ah, I guess maybe not pouch, that's the wrong word for it - The MJ Honey set had a little coin purse that had a bee as the zipper, and I like bees. LOL You're right about pouches, though, I didn't mean makeup pouches - there are too many of those from GWP.

Hm. Good question, most luxe...I have to concede that none of them are "luxe" in my books, but I really do like the YSL bracelet, just because of the charms. None of the bracelets are super high quality IMO, especially the Dior one from last year.

I suppose the scarf would be the most luxe? It's an unusual item: the print is pretty, and it IS silk. It's sheer and small enough to use as a hair/neck/bag scarf. But I adore scarves so I'm totally biased. =D

yllsen

The only 500 points I normally go for is the Dior ones... I'm a sucker for Dior. I did for the Laura mercier last year, but I still have lots left. (I'm not huge on wearing foundation everyday so a little goes a long way)

That and I use Colore Science. It's water resistant and SPF of up to 30-50. Its like the Thomas Roth brush one ( http://www.sephora.com/instant-mineral-powder-spf-45-P235908?skuId=1165737 ) , but I like this brush more and it has color so it's not just white. White may be "transluscent" but it really still shows up as just white.

I'm saving my points for maybe one of the bigger packages? I'm hoping they do that again this year.

As to the deluxe promo code thing, the algenist cream as we mentioned before was amazing! That's how I hit rouge every year. My mother goes back home and she wants gifts, so I just buy boxes of those for her to take. They love it.

aviscardi

The DKNY be delicious golden .25oz and it was an actual spray!! i love it and its the perfect size

grayreb

I really enjoyed the Christmas promos for the mini perfumes, etc. since new options were given daily. If I could pick a 500 point reward, I think a Dior, Givenchy, or Guerlain set with some deluxe samples of makeup items would be awesome.

LindaDD

I loved that perfume mini promo! I had to place an order every day, but I was sitting on a ton of points and was so happy to have something to use them on.

JayReed

Honestly I would like to see more eyecreams and night creams!! Like higher end brands would be nice. I am a sucker for eye and night creams..

penelopeblooms

I really enjoyed the 500 pt Boscia set awhile back.  I fell in love with the Tsubuki oil and purchased the full sized.  I decided to keep the mini that came with the set for travel.  I also liked using their masks.  A really long time ago, there was one for a Fresh Black Tea face mask.  I'm still doling that out as a little treat to myself every once in awhile!  :smileyhappy:

deannarp

Amore pacific enzyme peel! It lasts months.

kittycarlisle

That Algenist nightcream!! It may have been a Canada only one.

kbmatthews

Yes, this was an AMAZING code!

yllsen

I concur. I chose that with practically every order :smileytongue:

earpoker

I seem to be collecting mini-mascaras...I just can't seem to pass up a mascara promo!  

BuxomBabe80

Me too! Have you tried the mascara sampler from Sephora that's around $45 I think?

earpoker

YES!  It was easily the best purchase I've ever made!  I got the one that came out last year...still working my way through it.  I feel like each one I try is better than the last!!  I don't know what I'm going to do when I run out...I'll have to actually COMMIT to purchasing a single mascara to wear everyday, and I just can't choose!

BuxomBabe80

It was an awesome deal! I haven't found a single one yet that I didn't like. I've only tried a few of them, but I'm very happy with the kit. It's a great way to sample mascaras to see what you really like without committing to an entire tube. I know you can return things to Sephora that you don't like, but I always get this weird tinge of guilt about returning used products to the store. I'm weird that way. I think my fave so far is the YSL Babydoll. I had really wanted to buy it, but didn't know if it would live up to the hype. So far I'm impressed!

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 56 replies
  • 114 hearts
  • 30 in conversation
    • DTalksAll
    • nathaliew
    • misscg
    • colorprodigy
    • yllsen
    • aviscardi