cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Insiders
|

Extraordinary Rewards Experience

Hi Everyone,

We wanted to take a moment to let you know that we are hearing your feedback regarding today’s Extraordinary Rewards experience. If we haven’t been able to respond to you personally yet, please know that we have read your feedback and definitely understand your frustration. The rewards sold out much quicker than we anticipated, so we were unable to send out the planned email or post to our social channels. We’re sorry if you missed out on these exciting rewards. The response has been overwhelming and we are happy to announce that there will be more extraordinary rewards coming this year.

If you have specific questions or need assistance, please PM a moderator for help. We appreciate your understanding and value the helpful feedback you’ve provided here on BeautyTalk.

Re: Extraordinary Rewards Experience

I have been a VIB Rouge member for quite a while and have been saving my points. I got a cheap small ad at the bottom of one of your emails about the new perks coming out for 1,000-10,000 points. I never received an email informing me of the day it came out. WHAT is the point of me spending my hard earned money if there are no perks to shopping at your stores? I may as well go directly to the various brand sites or other retailers where I receive discounts and other perks. The way that you treat your customers is ridiculous, especially those who are spending a much larger amount. I'm fed up and I think I might just purchase from other stores. You need to reevalute your customer benefits and customer service. 

I never received an email about this and I was diligently saving up my points for this experience. What is the point of purchasing items and racking up points if we don't get to use them for good rewards? What is the incentive anymore to being a VIB Rouge? I don't know if it is worth it. This program has a lot of problems and some changes need to be made. As a loyal costumer, I really expected better service than this.

I cannot believe how bad this mega rewards is being handled they have 700,000 vib customers so to say sorry just does not cut it. It is amazing that I get the 100/500 point emails fine but not this on bs on sephora's part and noe some people who did get it have on eBay over 400 plus dollars I am very disappointed 

No call back from a manager but I did get an email reminder that my 10% off coupon for making VIB expires in a week.  Charming, really.

Anonymous Insider

I wondered how many quota they have for each rewards.

If they only have 1 each then of cox it is an OVERWHELMING TOO FAST TOO SOON situation.

Or maybe next time just tell us there is only ONE, so at least we know our chance of getting it is smaller than winning a lottery and then we wont be angry.

And I thought all rouge/vib received the same email at the same time? I thought technology nowadays allows people to send out emails to a large amount of people at the same time already.

I am one of those who didn't received any email about the reward (as usual) and got all excited when I read it on BT and then confused when I realised it never exist, at least to me.

I rather they never show up so I don't have to get my hope all high and then fall hard

Nope. Many people didn't get emails. 

That's the main reason I don't know why anyone expects any of these perks, events, etc. to work ever.  They can't fix the email folks, it's been years.  Nothing says "we couldn't care less about out customers" like not having a functional and reliable email system in this day and age.

I think Kelloua said it wonderfully 🙂 Since stores are so competitive these days, especially with the rise of online shopping and ability to purchase anything, anywhere for competitive prices..why shop where there are no advantages to me, the consumer. 

Also.. Does anyone else find it odd, and a bit, must I say... sexist that mens colognes are only 100 points while womens perfumes are 250... Are they smaller and a vile versus the cute little container the perfumes come in? Just wondering. 

Seems to me they need to do more mass outreach to Beauty Insider members.  I think they are hoping it can go away by addressing it publicly only minimally but the result is that it's probably upping the number of CS calls they are given, especially because CS seems to have inconsistent information warranting multiple calls back.  I certainly don't expect a brand to be perfect but when they do mess up I expect them to take responsibility for it and have a course of action for how they will remedy the issue in the future.  I really appreciate the MODs involvement in the community here and they'e been extremely helpful when I've had an issue in the past and now would be a great time to step up and show some some empathy for the community and some willingness to make the BI program, especially at the upper levels, better.

There are more places than ever where you can buy beauty products.  It's starting to seem like loyalty benefits Sephora a lot more than it does shoppers.  I used to aggregate my purchases to Sephora because, more than anyone else, they seemed to have the full range of products I like and liked that I could accumulate points all in one place.  But when it's extremely difficult to redeem points for something I value, what's the point of aggregating points in the first place?

I feel this way as well.  I liked the idea of having all my reward points in one place, so I shopped at Sephora almost exclusively due to the range in brands.  But, just as you said, if I can't use the points they don't really have much value.  

Well said! I feel kind of silly now for saving points. I don't want to waste them either, but there's only so many 100/500 point promos that I like, and that I feel are worth redeeming for. Except for those Dior/YSL perks in the fall, I love those! 🙂

If one likes to sample different brands, then Sephora's great for that. GWPs tend to be brand-specific (e.g. clinique, Estee Lauder, etc), and I'm not usually interested in those.

I just redeemed 85 bucks worth of SDM points, so you can tell where I'm shopping these days. LOL. I still like Sephora for its selection of brands, I'm just more likely now purchase elsewhere.

Does anyone know why when you post in the "Show us your extraordinary rewards" thread it doesn't show up on the main page? 

oops, I kinda had suggested that it be moved to off-topic because it was a sensitive subject. However, now it's been a week since they went up and it seems so dumb that it was only moved to off-topic now when it no longer matters...

No worries, I was just curious! At first I thought my post didn't go through lol! 

Sephora often has more negative threads moved to off topic

It was moved to off topic

Wow, Biedazzle. I just noticed this 😕 hmmmm.....

It's been 4 days since I reached out to Sephora regarding some of my Josie Maran reward clearly being old/rotten and I still haven't heard back. About to call the Rogue line now but I feel so under appreciated right now. Even if they are going to say they can't replace it or do anything, I would've appreciated them responding to me. 

did they ever respond to you? I sent a lengthy email about a mishap with my 1000 pt perk and I got a generic email after the auto reply lol. 

I only got the auto reply. Never a response. When I called the Rogue line today she suggested I shake the bottle. I told her I had tried that and it didn't help and I'd be willing to send pictures of the product. She gave me a different email address to email the picture to this morning but have yet to get a response from that, granted it has only been about 12 hours so I'll give them a couple of days to respond to that one. 

Anonymous Insider

4 days? That's insane! 

I'm on the same boat as you when it comes to getting old/rotten Josie maran items in the perk, too. 😞

testing