cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Insiders
|

Extraordinary Rewards Experience

Hi Everyone,

We wanted to take a moment to let you know that we are hearing your feedback regarding today’s Extraordinary Rewards experience. If we haven’t been able to respond to you personally yet, please know that we have read your feedback and definitely understand your frustration. The rewards sold out much quicker than we anticipated, so we were unable to send out the planned email or post to our social channels. We’re sorry if you missed out on these exciting rewards. The response has been overwhelming and we are happy to announce that there will be more extraordinary rewards coming this year.

If you have specific questions or need assistance, please PM a moderator for help. We appreciate your understanding and value the helpful feedback you’ve provided here on BeautyTalk.

Re: Extraordinary Rewards Experience

Oh, I think Sephora has made it abundantly clear at this point exactly how much they appreciate customers.

I emailed 3 times about my josie maran perk too ! don't state you'll respond in "24 hours" If you're totally going to ignore me .

I only emailed once figuring maybe they had gotten more emails than normal after all the negativity on there. I wanted to give them some time to catch up on things. 

Are you still rewarding people with apology points?

I've seen some people receive those (particularly on here and on Twitter).

I emailed a few days ago (3?)  and got points. 

Still waiting for a call back from a manager ... and world peace. 

Ditto to what Shrewdle said! Not one email was sent to me. 

When I called the VIB "Concierge" line to inquire what was happening (so many threads were popping up, and I wanted to be sure that I was not misunderstanding something incorrectly). I wasn't.

During the call to our own "help line" (both a laughable and debatable term), I was told that I had already called a few times in the month prior, thus no points were able to be given out for "the oversight" and there was nothing that could or would be done. I was read the script by the agent (verbatim, over and over, much like an automated call; not a feeling of compassion could be heard in the tone of her voice) approximately five times before I finally couldn't take one more word and abruptly ended the call.

The point perks were available at such a ridiculous time. Even people looking at 8am, nearly everything was OOS. 

That, to me, is ludicrous. Considering that I've already made Rouge for next year as of a few weeks ago, I'd say I am a pretty good customer. Right? Wouldn't Sephora want to keep current and future customers happy? Some people had THOUSANDS of points to spend. To have this event, and for them not to be given a chance at spending them is horrible. (If you are one of those people, I am very sorry).  

Some people are given hundreds of dollars worth of products at spontaneous times, just as Sephora's way of "thanking them for being good customers". Both VIB & ROUGE. It's written in the perks of becoming a card holder. Great for them. Honestly. At first it irked me, and then I realized that if it were me that was chosen, I'd want others to be happy for me. My attitude about it quickly changed. I realized that my time would eventually come. 

Not one email about the point perks, though? Seriously Sephora? Unacceptable

I was VERY active here on BT. A LOT of personal issues came up all at once recently causing me to need to pull back from everything in my life a little. This whole thing came around with the extraordinary point perks happened at the tail end of that. I was slowly starting back in. Now my hiatus from Sephora is on purpose. I have something to return, and I cannot bear the thought of going into the store. (I was using a liquid eyeliner for the first time and an excess came out all at once. I wiped it on the back of my hand. I washed it off a few moments later, but it caused an open wound that took over a week to heal!) I do not have sensitive skin, either. 

Just hearing the name Sephora irritates me. I feel so badly for the woman who purchased the trip, only to find out it's in her home state. She cannot return it? Why? I've returned point perks. Why can't she? She wants someone else to be able to enjoy it. That's amazingly generous of her and should be commended. (I have not kept up to date on her situation, but did read quite a few posts by her and she was clearly distraught. Shouldn't this be a happy time for her?

....Special privileges for certain people....

I usually get gift cards to your company for special dates in my life. This year, I asked my family to please go to Ulta. At least they do not pick and choose who receives special attention. 

This is was not extraordinary. It was a DISASTER

Anonymous Insider

Wow.  You're penalized for calling the Rouge line. 

Just wanted to put in my 2 cents. This was my first year as a VIB Rouge and I was so excited that I had accumulated over 2000 points. NOT ONCE was I notified about the Extraordinary Rewards. I only came to hear of it, here on BT. (In the meantime, I continued to receive countless regular marketing and emails from Sephora...) I checked on the morning that they were supposed to be released, and like everyone else, found that everything was already gone. 

Now I'm reading on BT that some people were given 500 points as compensation for missing out on the Extraordinary Rewards. I never received 500 points either. I already feel disappointed from missing out on the rewards, and to know that I'd have to call in and make a complaint to essentially beg for some form of "compensation" puts a sour taste in my mouth.

My suggestions: 

A) Make sure that the communication on the rewards is sent out to everyone (!) in advance - so we all have a fair chance of getting one. (Since you tier your emails, sending the notice out a good week in advance will mean that the people in the later email tiers don't get left out like we always do)

B) Actually get enough quantity to satisfy a good percentage (maybe like 1 in 4 people) of customers instead of making the odds so impossible. 

C) If you're going to compensate those who missed on the rewards, you should do so for EVERYONE.

I completely agree. I had no idea and I check my emails several times a day. It's really disappointing and unfair.

Agreed.  I am "only" a VIB and have accumulated my hard earned points over the years and was looking forward to the 2k perks that were in the teaser email.  I had been checking regularly and reviewing the rewards to find that I missed it already.  And yes, I am aware they have gifted many people points for calling in and complaining.

Wow, bad to worse.  So now I have to call and complain about the unfairness, doesn't Sephora already know?

Wow!!! just wow!!!!

Anonymous Insider

I never get emails from Sephora. At first I thought it was just a hotmail problem then I changed it to my gmail and still nothing. I even checked my settings and I'm all set up. I know I'm not the only person who has dealt with this for years. So you want to talk about frustrating? How about never knowing about ANYTHING! If it wasn't for BT I would be completely in the dark. This is just one of the many reasons Sephora fails.

I'm really confused... i've read posters mentioning this is the THIRD point event??  I remember the first one that they announced when the Rouge program launched, except as far as I remember, just like this time there was no mention of how or when to redeem points.  I thought this was the second extraordinary rewards.... Am I missing something?

Here are the ones I remember...

August 2013: To my knowledge the first round of big rewards had a 10K points trip to Paris with MUFE.  You could combine your points with other BI's and had to call in. I know there was more rewards but can't recall.

ETA: http://community.sephora.com/t5/Beauty-Insider/Beauty-Insider-5K-10K-Rewards-Promotion-FAQs/m-p/5821...

August 2014 - Big trip (10K) Sephora HQ

May 2015 - Big trips (10K) Drybar LA Trip / Josie PA trip

There was the MJ 1K perk with lipstick and gloss

I heard of another where you exchanged 1K points for 20% off but unsure if that was true.  Would love confirmation on that.

The 1k for 20% is true, it was only offered in certain states, I believe TX and CA.

Guess this was a press release in 2013...

I hit Sephora VIB Rouge status, my life is complete now. What’s Sephora VIB Rouge? It’s a brand new step up in Sephora’s Beauty Insider Membership that has some pretty awesome perks behind it.

Take a look!

Sephora’s Beauty Insider reaches a new high with VIB Rouge!

The Sephora Beauty Insider loyalty rewards program has always been a great program. Check it at Sephora and Sephora.com and upgrade your Beauty Insider status with the relaunch of the program on August 12th.

“We are excited to announce the relaunch of Sephora’s loyalty rewards program, Beauty Insider,” said Sephora Chief Marketing and Digital Officer, Julie Bornstein. “The program’s revamp gives clients more of everything they love: deluxe samples, first-to-buy access and intimate experiences with top beauty influencers. And they can access these privileges quickly and easily on the new Sephora To Go App.”

The newest and prestigious level of Sephora’s Beauty Insider Membership is VIB Rouge for the most fervent of beauty junkies! This ultimate level of beauty rewards is exclusive to those who spend $1000 in a calender (psffttt that’s pennies for us beauty junkies right?). It also opens the doors to many new reward experiences. The chic red VIB Rouge is just one of the cool features of this program!

You’ll also be invited to limited list events with brand founders and celebrities as well as access new products, free shipping at Sephora.com and Sephoa.ca, unlimited complimentary services at the Sephora Beauty Studio and your own beauty concierge hotline.

As for regular Beauty Insiders no worries you get a revamped experience as well with a program that now features new ways to use your points, members-only beauty classes, first access to the most coveted new products in beauty and more, plus all the benefits members currently love – like the free birthday gift!

This week from August 12th to the 18th Sephora celebrates YOU with double point purchases for BEAUTY INSIDERS, triple point purchases for VIBs and quadruple point purchases for VIB ROUGE members!

Plus transfer your newly acquired points to friends and family for access to rewards that money alone can’t buy, like a chance to score a special 5K or 10K once in a lifetime reward, such as a trip for two to Paris with Make Up For Ever or the Marc Jacobs Beauty Collection tucked into a Marc Jacobs handbag.

Learn more by visiting Sephora.com/Rouge

This is funny to read. I still can't believe corporate hasn't addressed this epic fail with the big rewards. Mays has been so happy to have my makeup money. I will boycott Sephora until they make it right. I'm sure if they cared they would change their ways.

Oh my.  I think the worst thing about the release is the "my life is complete now" statement.  Really?  Even if the program delivered everything it promised, I seriously doubt it would make anyone's life compete.  That is a bit much.

I desperately wanted one of those rewards.  I have been saving points for a while and have been waiting for something good.  In my opinion, these "extraordinary" rewards should be ORDINARY...  The ordinary rewards we currently have are all but useless.  When you've spent the amount of money you have to spend to get enough to get the "extraordinary" rewards, you DESERVE to get something special - not hype and then a total letdown.  I never even got the email that they were available even though I was looking for it.  This REALLY upset me.

I've always thought there were only a couple of things that were worth being Rouge - the free makeovers (which I enjoy, but always spend $50+ dollars every time anyway) and the free shipping, which now you can buy for a nominal fee.  I thought they were finally getting the message and putting out some decent incentives/rewards for us, their most valuable and loyal customers.  APPARENTLY I WAS WRONG,

VERY DISAPPOINTED.

unless they count 'customer frustration' as the 'extraordinary experience' I'd say this event was a bust.

2 Replies
testing