cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Insiders
|

Extraordinary Rewards Experience

Hi Everyone,

We wanted to take a moment to let you know that we are hearing your feedback regarding today’s Extraordinary Rewards experience. If we haven’t been able to respond to you personally yet, please know that we have read your feedback and definitely understand your frustration. The rewards sold out much quicker than we anticipated, so we were unable to send out the planned email or post to our social channels. We’re sorry if you missed out on these exciting rewards. The response has been overwhelming and we are happy to announce that there will be more extraordinary rewards coming this year.

If you have specific questions or need assistance, please PM a moderator for help. We appreciate your understanding and value the helpful feedback you’ve provided here on BeautyTalk.

Re: Extraordinary Rewards Experience

I have the original e-mail that was sent out on April 24th mentioning the "special rewards" that would be coming in the future. It mentioned the Kat Von D 1000 point perk, the 2000 point UD perk, and the 10,000 point Stella perk. It said to be on the lookout the next week in the rewards boutique. I never received an e-mail the following week or any e-mail for that matter. I checked multiple times per day for several days and eventually gave up just to find out that I missed it. When did the e-mails come out and when did it say the release day was? Not that I can do anything about it, but I was just curious.

The emails were sent out when all the rewards were already sold out other than 1000 pt Josie maren rewards that was a vegetarian cook book and 3 deluxe samples. The laughable excuse Sephora CS gave for it,,,,,, well you can read it yourself in the above original post of our hostess. 

To whoever at Sephora may be reading this,

I am still upset about missing the rewards but please listen to my one request:

Please, do not make your next reward event 500 points more expensive, in order to counteract the compensation points being given for this debacle. I will be so livid if I see something like the 1000 point perks (KVD, LM, etc.) being raised to 1,500 or even 2,000 in the next event.

I didn't call either.  I called when I was on the phone at the designated time for the first of these events and got nothing.  The second event….I only heard about after the fact and assumed I was at fault for not stalking the site even more.  Now, the third time, I'm at the why bother stage.  They aren't even really addressing all of the complaints here.  Instead, they're ignoring it...

Same here since most of us did not call in for extra points, and some of the people who did call in were not given anything.

I was one of those that never received an email and had no idea about it until after they were all gone. Too bad. It would have been cool.

I have another theory as too what happened-

A.  marketing team is straight out of college and has no real world experience and / or they are dumb

B.  This point comes from the fact that I almost did this.  I wanted the 2000 point rewards but was a bit short- so I threw a ton of stuff in my cart and had planned to purchase the items the day before to get the needed point.  I'm sure others also made purchases to rake up points.  Anyway, since I missed the mega rewards I removed everything from my cart, but I bet a lot of people spent money thinking they were going to cash in those points.

I did exactly that. I feel it was a marketing ploy to get people buying again with the sale over.I got the email advertising the perks but no email saying that any were available.

Ah well. I got the two Naked Palettes I was yearning for at Ulta instead-5x points on Naked Palettes right now!

I think someone straight out of school could have done a better job...

Let's just be honest- I'm a senior in college studying HR management and even I could have done a better job...

Hmmmm there's a signed Kat Von D Contour Palette on eBay.  I wonder where someone would get something rare like that...

I saw that too bratknits. I am all for people doing what they want with their stuff,  but so many people missed out , that actually wanted it , that I would feel awful. 

I went to ebay to see what else is selling and find something that....... I can't decide what to say. See it your self. There is some genius selling this

mG_uRAVWOuZ0_3CvmlwOmjA.jpg   😄 😄 😄 . A store made sample of 3ml lock it tattoo foundation in light 44. Selling price is US$5.88 and they'll ship it to Canada for a shipping cost of US$ 3.49  😄 well atleast it give me a good laugh.

Store made is written in description. I think either seller buy one full size and made tiny samples or it is their own leftover foundation they don't want to use anymore but seriously? Do people really buy this for $5.88 or $9.37 if in Canada when they can go to a store and get it for free.

This is probably aimed at buyers who don't live near a Sephora store. Either way, buying someone else's sample, which may or may not have been touched by dirty fingers, seems kind of gross to me.

upload_8941229988825303035.gif

Anonymous Insider

I can't tell if this is indeed store made or the seller bought a full sized bottle and make it him/herself. I remember long time ago I bought a small jar of MAC pigment on eBay and the seller was selling many different colors, so I assume that she just made them out of the full sizes she had. I've seen people selling lip tar samples too - I guess it depends on how many samples the seller is selling. If the person is selling many, then they are probably self-made 🙂

I see a lot of stuff like that on eBay!  Store made samples, I mean.  I assume it's a SA that's selling it.  Isn't that crazy?  And, I'm sure, against the rules for employees?

I wouldn't put it past greedy resellers to do daily marches into Sephora stores and collect samples for their ebay stores 😄

I was looking at the Naked Vault on ebay and it's going for $400 or $500 USD, and I didn't even see any of the signed ones. That's ridiculous! Who would buy that unless they're a collector? I'd rather just save money and buy each item separately.

I might say some Chinese since UD is not available to them there due to animal testing rules. 

Or anywhere similar to China that would not allow Urban Decay sold for various reasons. 

Agreed, I trollled ebay for the vault, but do not want to pay those prices. I was hoping to get it with my points, did not happen. I got KVD, and Laura Mercier instead. Buy the time they ship it and pay all the fees, they are making like 100 bucks. I saw someone selling the empty box, I can see that, if someone has all or most of the products.

testing