cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Insiders
|

Extraordinary Rewards Experience

Hi Everyone,

We wanted to take a moment to let you know that we are hearing your feedback regarding today’s Extraordinary Rewards experience. If we haven’t been able to respond to you personally yet, please know that we have read your feedback and definitely understand your frustration. The rewards sold out much quicker than we anticipated, so we were unable to send out the planned email or post to our social channels. We’re sorry if you missed out on these exciting rewards. The response has been overwhelming and we are happy to announce that there will be more extraordinary rewards coming this year.

If you have specific questions or need assistance, please PM a moderator for help. We appreciate your understanding and value the helpful feedback you’ve provided here on BeautyTalk.

Re: Extraordinary Rewards Experience

poop

I'm re-watching all the seasons on Netflix

022415_ParksandRecreation_RonSwanson4.gif

🙂 sums it up

RON SWANSON!!!!! I love Parks & Rec!

That's funny you said that, I literally just thought "well, maybe I'll just buy that hair dryer." But mine died yesterday, so I do need one.

I have to agree with you. For UD vault it feels like they got the supply and put it on website for selling. It stayed available till before the rewards went live. It looks like some genius behind all this drama suggested to sell as many as they can and then offer the left over as a reward. 

You make a good point here.  I could definitely see this.

I agree, this whole thing reeks of bait and switch tactics.  I've come to the conclusion that I'll never be rid of my points because I can't see a scenario when I'll be up and 4am to fight over scraps Sephora throws at us like we're a bunch of rabbid dogs.  That makes the points worthless which means there is zero incentive to shop at Sephora over other places.   It also gives me pause about the brands that would participate in a farce like this ... I'll be avoiding them as well.

Pretty much. There's no such thing as bad publicity. All of the scorned and satisfied customers alike as re both looking at these products and know their names and know ppl went crazy over them. Must be really good products then...I've been curious about more drybar products and I'm even more interested now, but I'm not going to buy anything. My hubby is loving this new, non sephora me. Lol.

I find in very telling that the marketing company they used to ruin this does sweepstakes as a specialty.  In fact HelloWord used to be called ePrize.  As soon as I saw it I knew Spehora never had any intention of actually making enough perks available ever.

Interesting theory. You have to wonder why  this whole thing occurred since they should have learned from similar scenarios in the past.  Maybe they saw a bump in sales on certain coveted items then too.

Yup, win win for the brands participating and sephora. I'm so curious if the sales of these items have gone up now. I'm sure it has because why else would they want to give away a few signed palettes or full sized sets if they weren't expecting some boosts in sales and marketing.

omg the tickle me Elmo and Cabbage Patch Kids scams of beauty! Good thinking misscg

The difference is that people had fair shots at getting those, not the case here.  My family prides itself on being able to procure "hot" toys without resorting to eBay or resellers.  In fact we sometimes overlap and end up with two so the second one gets donated.  It can be a bit of work but at least the playing field is pretty level.

yeah it is sad that getting a fair shot at things seems to be becoming far and few between. Kudos to your family to still be able to do that. And I love that you donate your dupes not post them on evilbay. I always say pay it forward. 🙂

We usually coordinate a few days ahead of time and everyone heads out early that morning.  We're all in different states so it becomes a bit of a family contest.  My mother has, I'm not kidding, a BLAST standing outside a toy store at 3am with a huge coffee just talking to people.  Plus they have a wish tree where she works and you know those kids never expect anything never mind what everyone really wanted so...

None of us would ever dream of selling something like that on eBay, my grandfather would haunt us from his grave.  That's something you just don't do.

Everytime I see this thread I lol a little to myself since 99% of BTers didn't even HAVE an experience! Unless you count NOT having an experience as an experience. 

upload_7525272046859696835.gif

Why is my gif not gifing?! Are you behind this too, Sephora? 

Hopefully its just my phone being cranky. 

First of all, Matt Bomer/White Collar ❤️ 

Second, seriously. After seeing the tiny little square that announced rewards were coming in one of the marketing emails that most people didn't even look at probably because the title was completely unrelated, I had been checking the site and checking my emails for more details for a week. Only to wake up and check the site and see that a cook book was left. So much for that experience. 

Anonymous Insider

I would also like to express my annoyance that I checked out with a perk, at 4AM in the bloody morning, only to receive my package today missing the LM perk. At LEAST if you only have limited quantities of a perk, count them correctly or improve your warehouse so correct things get shipped out. It's disrespectful to the customer to purposely ship out wrong or missing things (but hey you know, that's clearly nothing new to Sephora). 

I got my perk with the lipstick all melted 😞

2 Replies
testing