cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Insiders
|

Extraordinary Rewards Experience

Hi Everyone,

We wanted to take a moment to let you know that we are hearing your feedback regarding today’s Extraordinary Rewards experience. If we haven’t been able to respond to you personally yet, please know that we have read your feedback and definitely understand your frustration. The rewards sold out much quicker than we anticipated, so we were unable to send out the planned email or post to our social channels. We’re sorry if you missed out on these exciting rewards. The response has been overwhelming and we are happy to announce that there will be more extraordinary rewards coming this year.

If you have specific questions or need assistance, please PM a moderator for help. We appreciate your understanding and value the helpful feedback you’ve provided here on BeautyTalk.

Re: Extraordinary Rewards Experience

Great point.

I called in, no points, no promised call back from a manager, they simply do not care.

I spoke with someone this morning and he was able to offer me something for my trouble.  He didn't offer me anything right away.  I think we were at least 6 or 7 minutes deep before he offered me something.

When I called I just said "other Rouge members have been receiving 500pts. for the rewards program fiasco that happened". She apologized and said she couldn't discuss what other customers have received but would be happy to add 500pts to my bank. I thanked her, told her it wasn't her fault, and I was sorry she had to deal with all the fallout. The points were in my bank in minutes.

its not fair that they choose to give points to only some members. seriously, they're playing favors and being very selected. i waited a long time for this extraordinairy rewards and I got nothing, no email. if I did not check beauty talk, i would have never ignored completely. what a shame on Sephora! honestly, this is so disappointing!!!

did he offer points?

Yes, points.

lol i wish but don't see it happening 😞 

Lol I like how there have been no response(s) to any of the comments here from Sephora. They seem to really care about our opinions...

They must be waiting for the anger to dwindle down.  

I think they are laying low trying to wait for everything to sink in cause 5/05 was a terrible day for them I'm sure.

I understand that but when a company effs up this bad, silence is never the right answer. It makes people even angrier. But let's be honest, Sephora has made this "mistake" more than once and realistically, they came out on the winning end because all of the perks were snatched up, despite how awful the execution was, so from their side, there isn't really much to apologize for. Hence the lack of responses we are getting.

I think it's odd.  They usually say something. 

Anonymous Insider

I don't really consider this a "rewards event" More like a lottery or a game to me. A proper rewards even would have been available most members, like the 500 point perks, rather than just a select 100 to 200 people out of 10,000+  people trying to claim an item. It's was a game of luck, Lucky if you stayed up all night, lucky if you refreshed at the right moment, lucky if you were able to get what you wanted.

Well considering we know there are over 700 000 rouges we can assume that they knew they weren't going to meet demand as they 'anticipated' 

i agree with this, i stayed up and never saw the UD vault perk which is the one I really wanted. 

Boo.

Thats all I can say really.

Glad I am not the only one really frustrated/disappointed in Sephora.  I have over 5,300 points and have been so excited to use them.  No notifications, nothing.  What is the point of being a VIB Rouge?  When I am spending thousands of dollars a year - what is the point of being a loyal customer?  These 'rewards' were part of the appeal of shopping at Sephora.  

I can shop elsewhere and get better samples & free shipping - hello Nordstrom.  Now I have all these points that do me no good.  Thanks Sephora for ruining something so many were looking forward to . . .

Since an announcement regarding the extraordinary reward was made here on BT a few weeks back, I have never received any notification whatsoever about it. As I was planning on spending most of, if not all of, my appx. 4000 pts that I have in my account, it would be an understatement to say that it was very frustrating to hear that the event is now completely over! I feel like a caveman with a high speed internet. 😞 

How could Sephora blow its chance to show appreciation and properly reward its most loyal fans, in almost an insulting manner? I'm not quite sure if the marketing department or the CS team should take the blame, but one thing I'm sure is that Sephora needs to make a proper apology, accompanied by proper remedial measures, to its fans.

On an unrelated note, I placed and received 3 orders this past week. Out of all the orders totaling nearly $700, I was missing 6 samples and 1 deluxe perfume sample. I contacted both Rouge concierge phone line as well as Sephora Facebook team. To cut to the chase, I was compensated w/ a total of 125 points for the missing 6 samples and the deluxe perfume mini. When I complained that what Sephora offered me to compensate with was totally lacking, I was told by an unnamed Sephora FB Team member that they did "absolutely everything" they could do to make it up for me. Seriously? If these kinds of people are running the customer service, I highly doubt that they would give rat's bottom about this whole extraordinary rewards fiasco. SMH.

I feel like the problem seems to be that there seems like there is no issue in correcting the core problems.

THIS. ugh. 

testing