cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Insiders
|

Extraordinary Rewards Experience

Hi Everyone,

We wanted to take a moment to let you know that we are hearing your feedback regarding today’s Extraordinary Rewards experience. If we haven’t been able to respond to you personally yet, please know that we have read your feedback and definitely understand your frustration. The rewards sold out much quicker than we anticipated, so we were unable to send out the planned email or post to our social channels. We’re sorry if you missed out on these exciting rewards. The response has been overwhelming and we are happy to announce that there will be more extraordinary rewards coming this year.

If you have specific questions or need assistance, please PM a moderator for help. We appreciate your understanding and value the helpful feedback you’ve provided here on BeautyTalk.

Re: Extraordinary Rewards Experience

I'm just curious for those who did get it if the portion with the mega reward changed?  I don't think I'm going crazy here lol

You're not going crazy. I just checked mine, too. It originally had a carousel with the different perks, now it says they're all claimed. It's probably a linked HTML image, so they can change the image while the link remains intact. 

Thanks hon!!! That's what I thought!  UGH. Should have screen shot it! lol

We have to be taking screen shots of our emails now? 

And the next extraordinary rewards will also be so limited that no one will have a shot! It feels like a contest instead of a reward- since a reward is deserved, by definition.

But here, IF you are lucky AND fast.... AND have mental super powers to know when this will be on, then you might have a chance! Bc there are not nearly enough of this extraordinary rewards to meet not even half the demand! So next time, I will definitely not care about all the hype you build before the event, and will definitely NOT buy anything to get points.

It's very frustrating as a Canadian customer to:

• Re-qualify for Rouge as a Canadian customer at $1000
  • Points awarded on the USD value of products purchased, not CDN, so we get less points/$ value spent
  • Canadian prices are much higher...
  • We don't qualify for Flash shipping
  • A lot of products on the US site aren't anywhere to be found on the CDN one
  • Sephora might ship within 48 hours, but it still has to pass through a Customs broker before being shipped. With this added step (they aren't quick), it can take up to 2 weeks before you get your parcel. 

With regards to the mega perks, I was told by the SA I spoke with, that as a Canadian shopper, many of the rewards weren't even available to us! Another bummer.

And to add insult, by the time I got my email, it said that "Our extraordinary rewards have all been claimed". Nice.

So other than free shipping & restricted access to hot new products hitting the site, there really isn't much for a Canadian Rouge member.. 😞

Anonymous Insider

Is the next Extraordinary Rewards going to be as good? I'd love the UD Vault. Is it going to be well-executed and people actually have proper notice?

It probably doesn't matter if the rewards are as good or better if you don't have a chance to redeem points for them....  😞

I would like to thank the bull**** cs email I just received that was copy and pasted and didn't address any of the concerns I outlined for irritating me again. I DON'T CARE THAT I DIDN'T GET AN EXTRA CRAPPY REWARD. I CARE THAT I WAS NOT NOTIFIED THAT THE EVENT WAS HAPPENING!

I have been a loyal Sephora customer for years. I am VIB Rouge and have been since Rouge began. I was one of the few that was on the Sephora site and experienced the launch of the Extraordinary Rewards, thanks to the informative ladies on Beauty Talk. Even though I was online before they launched, have the highest internet speed available from AT&T, and was on the Sephora app simultaneously, I still was not able to secure the reward I waited up for (the UD vault) nor any of the rewards that half way interested me. Everything of higher value was gone in less than 10 minutes. In addition to that, rewards that showed on the app were nowhere to be found on the site. It's sufficient to say that I had a very poor experience and this experience has severely damaged Sephora's reputation for me. That being said, here's what Sephora can do to repair the damage:

1. Add a cash back option in the rewards program. Something around 5% back would fair; 10% would be nice. Many of the Extraordinary Rewards had retail values around 10% of the associated points, assuming 1 pt/$1. I'll add that maybe this cash back option should be for Rouge-level customers only. Lord knows we need more valuable perks for being Rouge, anyways. 
  2. Immediately send out a 15% to 20% off coupon or $20 credit/gift card to apologize for the Extraordinary Rewards fiasco. Yes, I understand you just had a 10-15% sale, but at the rate you are losing customers right now, you need to execute damage control now! Trust me, the public would be forgiving and accept the gesture and shop.
  3. Re-promote the UD Vault perk. Apparently the UD Vault item was one of the hottest Extraordinary Rewards. You clearly have them back for sale on your site. Work with Urban Decay to make an arrangement to offer a portion of these as Extraordinary Rewards again later this Summer. The point cost of 2000 was fair for this item, so you could stay at that level. 
  4. Keep monthly Extraordinary Rewards going forward. Each month have new rewards available at all price points. This would mean having rewards at 100pts, 500pts, 1000pts, 2000pts, 5000pts, 10000pts constantly. This would curb the huge rush problem you have since you all never having a decent amount of Extraordinary Rewards the one time of year you decide to have them. If you feed people more frequently they won't be starved and you won't have the "Hunger Games" style madness you had yesterday. 
  5. Communicate! Seriously, this is the crux of your problem. With all the social media outlets available you all should not have relied on email to get the word out about these rewards. You all had so many options to clarify the Extraordinary Rewards launch time and details on the rewards, there's no excuse that it wasn't communicated well. Also, make sure your associates/employees/customer service reps give customers a clear consistent message. I don't know how many times I read about customers hearing different messages from different associates. 

This is such a GREAT IDEA!!! They should REALLY implement this.. I mean it's an outline that they should really look into and have some corporate meetings n such to execute these ideas. Like, half the work is done! Fabulous1 should this ever come into play, you should get a check gil! Lol

Anonymous Insider

Everything except the coupon, for exactly the same reason as poster below: why should I buy more? I'd actually been on a nearly weekly buying spree...but, I've spent the past few days researching other options even though I've never really even considered another retailer before now. So sad. 😞

Yes! 🙂

I agree with absolutely everything you've said.

Anonymous Insider

I don't care about the 20% coupon. In fact, it would be insulting for them to ask me to spend more money on their products after this **bleep** up. I want what I should have been able to get with my points and not to spend more money. I'm not trying to be negative toward you, but rather that it would just be a really sneaky and insulting ploy on their part to actually do something like this.

I understand where you're coming from on this, but I just want them to offer something instead of offering nothing for this fiasco.  If they offered a credit/gift card, I'd use it.  

I wouldn't like the coupon but I would love the credit/gift card! Keeping these types of rewards around more frequently would also help. Good post! 

Shout out to the supervisor that finally returned my call for sounding so perky and alert. I know yesterday and today must have sucked for you. 

As for the call, she's forwarding my feedback to the promotional team. She also apologized on behalf of sephora and said another mega points perk fiasco event will take place again this year. there's more but I feel uncomfortable posting it for some reason, though It's pretty laughable what I was given for the inconvenience. 

Why do you feel uncomfortable posting that piece of information?

Perspective I guess. Ppl were annoyed about the points not being given out evenly so I didn't want any additional backlash, But meh who cares. It's funny actually, $5.95 is what I got. Lmao. Redeeming my points for a bunch of cool perks or $5.95....but she tried...I think, lol.

I never even got called.  Of course if they're offering more unusable points my only response is going to be some very graphic descriptions of where they can shove them at this point.

testing