cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Insiders
|

Extraordinary Rewards Experience

Hi Everyone,

We wanted to take a moment to let you know that we are hearing your feedback regarding today’s Extraordinary Rewards experience. If we haven’t been able to respond to you personally yet, please know that we have read your feedback and definitely understand your frustration. The rewards sold out much quicker than we anticipated, so we were unable to send out the planned email or post to our social channels. We’re sorry if you missed out on these exciting rewards. The response has been overwhelming and we are happy to announce that there will be more extraordinary rewards coming this year.

If you have specific questions or need assistance, please PM a moderator for help. We appreciate your understanding and value the helpful feedback you’ve provided here on BeautyTalk.

Re: Extraordinary Rewards Experience

500 points for the inconvenience? 

Dear Sephora,

This is is how I feel when posts are deleted or moved off the main page.

Sincerely,

Anne

image.jpg

Thanks for pacifying me Mods, My thread has been moved to off-topics. See. So showing off your perks and pissing ppl off more is accepted. Talking about how not to support this company anymore is not. Fine. This is only adding fuel to the fire. I hope your profits drop for this quarter 😡

They're shooting themselves in the foot, completely ruining their image. I had higher hopes on them.

That's where it went.... nothing new though. I had a bunch of posts moved and deleted when I tried to warn Canadians about getting over charged. just UGH

Ugh, I seen it on a wanky post from some anonymous user on Instagram. I am a loyal customer with a ton of points, and it would have been much more professional to hear that news from an actual Sephora representative via email, or some other way! Shame on y'all!!!!!

I didn't even get an email about the point perks at all and I have almost 5k points. I was going to spend to get to 5k and then pick out my rewards but then I found out it came and went. I called CS for Rouge and was informed they would give me 500 points to make up for the inconvenience. No, I don't want your points, I do not need them, I want the rewards that I have been saving for! 

So my post that had Sephora CEO's public Twitter name was deleted from this thread. Rediculous!!

Seriously....it it took me a whole 3 words and 2 seconds on Google to find it...it's not like it's secret or anything. 

Don't worry.  I recapped what she said.  

This is beyond ridiculous!  I keep seeing posts and threads deleted.... Geeze... Keep sweeping things under the rug right... No free speech here!

Anonymous Insider

Yeah I found it instantly. Perhaps everyone on BT who has a twitter can start tweeting their lovely thoughts on Sephora's practices to him? I don't have a twitter so I don't know if the general public can reach him or not?

It would be amazing that after 17 pages of angry Sephora customers, that maybe the CEO would get a clue. But it looks like from your post, that it's not getting across. It's mind blowing business practice. 

Terribly disappointed with the whole "extraordinary rewards" process. If I hadn't checked here on BT, I never would have know the "experience" even happened. Sephora knows better than to advertise and tease with super rewards, and then fail miserably when actually rolling them out.  I read all the hype and had no intention of even trying for anything, as I was pretty sure this is how it would play out.

Here's an idea. How about instead of all this hype once or twice a year, and not delivering (and infuriating your best customers), why not regularly offer some really GREAT 500 and 1,000 point perks? I have to say that it's been a very long time since a 500 point perk has  seemed worthwhile, and I'm usually spending my points on 100 point perks to try something out. But that is getting old. If the point system is supposed to be an incentive to get us to spend and save up those points for great perks, you really have to start to deliver.  More and more, I'm buying my skincare and makeup at Ulta when it's available there, because their Platinum program earns me money quickly, and they have plenty of point specials. I love Sephora, but if you really are listening to your customers, you've got some changes to make!

Exactly.

Speaking of taking business elsewhere, I just changed the status of a number of packages waiting for me at UPS to "return to sender." This way I am not causing Sephora to destroy these products but I can take my business elsewhere. Yeah, I like a couple Bite things (just ordered the 005) and won't ditch Sephora completely but I am coming to the end of this crazy Sephora addiction, for a few reasons. This latest nonsense is just icing on the cake.

I wish Sephora would always provide higher point reward options.  This would incentivize customers to save up their points (and shop more to earn more points) toward something really special whenever they earned x number of points.  The current Sephora Hunger Games rewards model just creates unhappy customers, save the few who just happen to be online at the time the perks go live. 😞

Another option would be to switch to a dollar reward system like Ulta so that we could buy whatever higher ticket items we wanted after saving up a certain number of points.

I am so over LE launches after the Target Lilly collab and now this.  It's not worth it...

Anonymous Insider

"Response has been overwhelming"... I hope they are referring to the backlash! Rofl.

Jut a little update- sephora is continuing to make things up as they go. Their CS, who were previously told to tell us this was a big mistake and the rewards were meant to be released in the morning, are now being told to blame the speed at which the perks disappeared on emails that they began sending at 1 am. They're also using this as an excuse for how long it took to give Canadians access. Which is it, sephora? Because either way I am not amused. Did anyone actually receive an overnight email? I don't think so.

I never even got the e-mail -___-

I did get an unrelated e-mail on May 5th at 3pm telling me the new 100 pt perks were out though. Super helpful...

same! I too only got the new 100 pt perk email. super annoying! 

I* am absolutely stunned- I had no idea they came and went so quickly. I had a goal of getting to 2000 as fast as I could to get a special perk and I ordered a TON and did it. This may be less than many people but I Just started with the rewards program at the beginning of March. I feel misled- posting those as if anyone could attain them - letting us buy more in preparation and then doing this. 

I was so impressed when I saw the special perks- I thought Sephora was going to step it up to make up for their only loyalty reward being pretty lame compared to Ulta giving cash back. 

I have no reason whatsoever to keep my business at Sephora now for things that can be purchased other places. Starting right now- buying Naked 1 and Naked 3 at Ulta.

Sad here.

4 Replies
testing