cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Insiders
|

Extraordinary Rewards Experience

Hi Everyone,

We wanted to take a moment to let you know that we are hearing your feedback regarding today’s Extraordinary Rewards experience. If we haven’t been able to respond to you personally yet, please know that we have read your feedback and definitely understand your frustration. The rewards sold out much quicker than we anticipated, so we were unable to send out the planned email or post to our social channels. We’re sorry if you missed out on these exciting rewards. The response has been overwhelming and we are happy to announce that there will be more extraordinary rewards coming this year.

If you have specific questions or need assistance, please PM a moderator for help. We appreciate your understanding and value the helpful feedback you’ve provided here on BeautyTalk.

Re: Extraordinary Rewards Experience

Here are the things that I understand:

1. I understand that as a programmer, code doesn't write itself.
  2. I understand that your developers were given instructions about the Rewards Boutique Updates.
  3. I understand that Sephora knowingly decided to restrict the rewards to their American clientele for TWO HOURS as if we don't have to spend more to get the same amount of points (online at least since YOU CHOOSE to only recognize the American value of purchases).
  4. I understand that this was likely done to stretch time the awards were available with fewer people successfully able to get them.
  5. I understand that as a Canadian with the UD Vault in my cart I was unable to check out multiple times.
  6. I understand I was unable to check out any of the rewards.
  7. I understand that Sephora doesn't care about me as a customer or any of their Canadian clients for that matter as this just adds to the very long list Canadian screwups.

These are the only things. Nothing else.

Exactly very well said emmohh, when I saw the site here were the rewards available

ABH,,,,,,, based in NY so a no no for Us

Stella Top and perfume,,,,,, I believe I am not the only one who hates one size fit all term in clothing

Josie maren  cookbook + ,,,,,,   I am excellent at cooking and baking. Good enough to write my own book 😄   so no thankyou I don't need a book to improve my cooking. 

Ughh you know what really bothers me about the original post?

The message should have come from their CEO , Calvin MacDonald or from their VP of the Beauty Insider program, Sara Choi (that is if she still is the VP after all of the failed promotions rolled out over the past few years)

When some other company does something to upset their customers, a sincere apology from management gets released. But nope, Sephora management hides and waits until this too blows over.

Look at this video I found where Sara talks about the Beauty Insider Program. Listen for how she basically says we will not get dollars off with points. This video was from Oct 2014. 

Seriously guys, I really enjoyed this and am wondering what lipstick she has on because it looks fabulous!

Ok, serious about the lipstick but the rest...boy oh boy. I try to restrain myself in public forums (really, I do!) so all I'll say tonight is, you guys who've already commented before me on this video are righty-roo! 😛

I looked her up on LinkedIn. She doesn't work for Sephora anymore. She now is SVP digital marketing for Marc Jacobs. Poor Marc D:!!!!

MJ is also under sephoras parent company of lvmh, so she didn't go far 

Whoa, this video really grinds my gears! 

Hah, honestly, the thing that truly bugged me most was she, she, her, her, HEERRRR.

It's the music, isn't it? 

I actually had to stop this... makes me sooo angry!!!  They have right here on BT all they need to successfully run the marketing/CS/promo division... They don't need to run focus groups! (finally found the word) IMO a company's dream is what they have here! All they have to do is listen and put into action!!!!!!

I was angry watching it too! 

BTers have provided more than enough collective wisdom over the past few years to make Sephora even more wildly profitable but they don't want to implement any of it.

Just shows that she has worked in a corporate head office for too long and have lost sight of what really drives loyalty to a company (of course we want sales and discounts!! Geez!)  and what a successful customer service experience should be like.

I know right.... BT is by far their best and FREE resource.  Any company would love to have that... They just spit on it!

When I first joined BT I thought that's why they put this forum up.  For marketing information.  My mistake. 

it's funny because the things she says are successful are the things that i find are failures. she's listing off the features of the BI program, with no consideration of what customers actually feel about them. 

the data management question at the end was a great question and i'd suggest they take a long hard look at how they're answering those questions she proposes. 

Sooooo, they don't know their customers.  At. All. 

Basically... Like honestly where do they get these people??? Advertising/Marketing is my school background and well I really don't know how these people qualified for these jobs.

So we don't, like, want customers who, like, want discounts or, like, saaaaales.  We want dumb girls who are stupid and wanna be , like, pretty and populaaaaar. 

They totally love us for, like,  no reason and not, like, cause they like makeup in general,  so we don't have to do anything to please theeeeem.  They just come to uuuuus.  

See, Sarah, there was this year, 2008 to be exact, when all the **bleep** you just spouted became completely outdated.  The middle class you depend on (lets face it honey, the tax bracket you seem to think you're in isn't hanging out in suburban malls) now watches their pocketbooks more closely and that trend shows no sign of ending in this decade.  

Can't stop laughing!!!

I had to watch that a painful twice to make sure that was what I heard.  

ha yeah that's what i just said but you said it much more concisely. this is the issue, right here.

1 Reply
testing