cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Insiders
|

Extraordinary Rewards Experience

Hi Everyone,

We wanted to take a moment to let you know that we are hearing your feedback regarding today’s Extraordinary Rewards experience. If we haven’t been able to respond to you personally yet, please know that we have read your feedback and definitely understand your frustration. The rewards sold out much quicker than we anticipated, so we were unable to send out the planned email or post to our social channels. We’re sorry if you missed out on these exciting rewards. The response has been overwhelming and we are happy to announce that there will be more extraordinary rewards coming this year.

If you have specific questions or need assistance, please PM a moderator for help. We appreciate your understanding and value the helpful feedback you’ve provided here on BeautyTalk.

Re: Extraordinary Rewards Experience

I am emailing about not receiving the extraordinary mega points rewards email. I got the email about the upcoming event (April 26 2015) but it did not say what day or time so I called, they said that an email will be sent May 5th with more information about the rewards and when they would be released, I did not get that sort of email but at 2:46pm May 5 2015 an email with just 100 and a 250 point reward but nothing about the extraordinary rewards once in a life time you'll have to see to believe. . I have over 2000 points and at 8:00 am this morning (May 5th 2015) I woke up and checked the site and there was 1000 reward s left which was Claudine, Jose and something else but no urban decay, kat von d and I was just extremely saddened!  I checked the message boards for your site at around 3:00am this morning because I thought an email would come or your site would be updated but it wasn't. I have a job and I just couldn't afford to loose sleep but I really wanted to participate and use my points, I mean I have spent over $2500.00 and the bits and pieces of information I got about some of the rewards would have been great to get one of those rewards BUT they were gone I guess in a matter of seconds. I feel like if like a black Friday sale can be done at like five o clock in the morning and stated as such successfully then this should have been a piece of cake. I see that the Urban decay naked vault is available for purchase but not as the 1000 or 2000 reward perk and that is the one I really wanted. It already sucks, the fact that points are not or do not somehow transfer into cash but to have that Urban Decay Naked Vault for sale knowing that it was offered as one of the rewards perks is just taunting. I have just been talking about this whole situation to everyone today and they just couldn't believe I and some of them did not get anything or see anything extraordinary. We were all excited about these perks and buying items from the site (fragrance 3x points) to have what we thought would be enough to choose a great reward for being such great beauty insiders and I have spent $1000.00 in one day during my birthday month (January this year) and haven't really used my points just because most the time nothing worth getting ie: a sleeping mask and make over? 500 points? I am just sad and tired from this disappointing day sephora. 

I'm taking a screen shot of this post, I'm sure it will come in handy in some of my business classes' presentation on "how to NOT screw up your business and f*** up your customers". At least I'm getting something useful from this situation 🙂

Although you're not gonna listen but just a piece of advise. In future maybe instead of launching multiple. Extra ordinary rewards in stingy quantities, launch only one or two with a reasonable stock without creating so much hype and drama.

As much as I like to think I have faith in the system, how EXACTLY many members did you give 500-1000 point "I'm sorries" to?  You just added points WITH NO VALUE to a system that's built on money and spending.  Points have value, we earn them when we spend, and we earn them when Sephora offers us bouses on how many points we earn with specific types of purchases.

TODAY YOU GAVE POINTS the value of 500$-1000$ spending OUT FOR FREE and you gave them to only those that raised their voices in SPECIFIC WAYS that don't include BeautyTalk or every Twitter or web posting.  You allowed yourself to be bent by customers and need to be held accountable by the ones that DID NOT COMPLAIN in the specific ways (phone calls, emails, some Twitter posts, etc).  I called, got no points, asked for none.  Other members called, did not ask for points, got them anyway.  

There is a few major problems here: Consistency, Communication and Reliability.  Communication has been spotty and inconsistent, there is NOT a consistent message being communicated and with a track record over the last few years when this initially started that has not been RELIABLE it means I have less faith in the system when Sephora continues to follow the same path of habit as they have in the past.

Much like those who have addictions, it's hard to believe that someone has reformed problems and addressing them if we continue to see the same behavior while being told that they have improved their ways.

I'm actually depressed and curious in the same action in how many members, after receiving the consolation points just NOW became viable for the next tier rewards, simply out of the act of receiving free points from Sephora.

You all thought it was bad this morning?  Wait until you see how those free points just added more competition to renewing your mega points for something later (whenever that may be) thanks to Sephora throwing out points that aren't really free to earn but are free to give.  I imagine they just increased the viable member pool who can afford 1000,2000,5000 or more point perks.

Thank you for Sephora for responding.

I have over 2k pts and never even got an email, except the teaser a week or so ago, and the one at 11:57am today regarding the May perks.  Because I like Sephora so much, I am disappointed in not having the chance to even view the rewards.

Perhaps for those of us that have not been able to snag an extraordinary reward, that we get emailed first next time?  Perhaps, to pacify us, throw us some Sephora love until the next time?  Just an idea to keep us happy.

Just know that if all these disappointed people weren't already Sephora fans, they would have never been disappointed.  Some of your faithful customers need some TLC now, as not everyone that wanted to be rewarded got the opportunity to participate last night or early this morning.

This is so underhanded. Sephora knows exactly how high the demand for these rewards is. This was nothing but a way to get everyone to stock up on perfume this week hoping to round their points up. Now that it's over and those customers are threatening to return all of their purchases, sephora decides to tell us about more rewards so that everyone holds on to their purchases. Here's a newsflash, the summer rewards were planned way before this morning. Sephora does not care to make amends for the way they tricked us all; they're just using more fairy tales to get us to keep our purchases. Sure, some of the news will fall for it but what about the rest of us? This is not a sustainable business model.

LMAO!  "The rewards sold out much quicker than we anticipated."  Just like last year right?  Totally did not see that coming?!  Apparently that old "hindsight is 20/20" doesn't apply to anyone running things here.  

Hmmmm, I think I want to shop somewhere a little more organized in the execution of their promotions 😕  I may be back one day if word of mouth reaches me that Sephora has pulled their act together and is customer happiness oriented.   I will sit back and watch.  

Theyre great at creating hype and tension.    Hell, I was in tears last night (tears!!!!) and I'm one of the few who got something through sheer luck combined with very close stalking and very fast typing.   It shouldn't be like this.  If I spend $10000 I shouldn't be crying trying to type in a U.S. address with my hands shaking in anger thinking I'm not going to get a reward.  

i just got an email from another reputable beauty retailer (i'm sure a lot of people got this), which essentially said a GWP worth $85 with any purchase of $32 and for the first time in a lonnnnng time i thought to myself "wow i'm going to get *whatever it is i want* there instead of sephora". and i don't even really care about what the GWP is...i just appreciate feeling appreciated, and i'm tired of feeling like i've been had by the VIBROUGE program.

ok truth is...i'll always be loyal to sephora to a degree--it's my happy place (plus: nude skincare and first aid beauty). but i'm going to try to be a more conscious consumer. i can't keep kidding myself.

Sorry to hear about your roller coaster of emotions last night. 

Thank goodness for your husband to remember you had a US shipping address! 

I've already taken most (90%) of my spending elsewhere since late last year and will continue to do so. I don't plan on requalifying for Rouge through 2016--the only thing I will miss is the Rouge board on BT. 

You know what made me happy today?   You did!   Thank you!   image.jpg

What? That was supposed to be 2 day shipping to you!!! you only got that today?

And yay! you're very welcome!

I'm fine with that:).   If I had of received it earlier then there would have been nothing making today better:)  

(except for the box of chocolate I ate) 

Wait, if we don't make rouge again, we don't get to talk on the rouge board?  It's an achievement unlocked thing? 

Yup, if we aren't Rouge, we can't see any threads on the Rouge boards.

😨I guess I don't have to worry about that for a very long time... 

*hugs* me too hearts, me too. 

I'm sorry you were in tears! It shouldn't have had to be like that. 

I too will be shopping elsewhere until I see Sephora pick up slack. 

Thanks KB.  It felt ridiculous.   I feel bad for everyone who got jerked around.  The tears were a result of the buildup, the frustration seeing the rewards, being slapped in the face cause I'm canadian, the fact I was bloody tired cause it was LATE.... It was just too much. 

i did did have a really fun come down from the adrenaline rush.  There's a bright side.   Hysterics hit me around 6am.   When you can't sleep, just laugh. 

Anonymous Insider

I just realized right now - I should have just offered my address this morning! It would've been easy and I could've just mailed it forward. WHY DIDN'T I THINK OF THAT.

You are so sweet to think about it keepra. Next time I am gonna tag with you 😉

testing