cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Insiders
|

Extraordinary Rewards Experience

Hi Everyone,

We wanted to take a moment to let you know that we are hearing your feedback regarding today’s Extraordinary Rewards experience. If we haven’t been able to respond to you personally yet, please know that we have read your feedback and definitely understand your frustration. The rewards sold out much quicker than we anticipated, so we were unable to send out the planned email or post to our social channels. We’re sorry if you missed out on these exciting rewards. The response has been overwhelming and we are happy to announce that there will be more extraordinary rewards coming this year.

If you have specific questions or need assistance, please PM a moderator for help. We appreciate your understanding and value the helpful feedback you’ve provided here on BeautyTalk.

Re: Extraordinary Rewards Experience

Cause you were caught up in the chaos and emotions? 

Yeah I can just imagine Heart hugs Heart

Hi! Thanks for the info, and for listening to input on the recent release.

the lack of notice and inconsistent times people get emails about promotions (I always seem to get mine much later) just doesn't seem fair. Small releases like this, and in the past, people have very little chance at actually getting, yet often go to quite a bit of trouble to do so. Imagine the frustration.

Also, there are various reports of difficulties on different devices and different browsers. Perhaps a bit more testing before rollout, so at least technical issues don't prevent anyone from their chance?

Thanks for listening. 🙂

I would actually LOVE for a mod to PM me after glancing over the ToS on their travel perks (I already know someone at BT CS has read my thread and edited it). I wont bother Candace or Diana about this because I love them. Feel free to let me know what mods are on right now so we can have a chat.

Diana is no longer a Mod 😞

Oh no! I wasn't aware. Diana you will be missed!!! ❤️

Anonymous Insider

Wait was that a result of today?

No, she left I think 2 weeks ago now? She said good bye on an off-topic thread.

Oh that makes me so sad! She was so lovely.

Just when I thought this day couldn't get worse! 😞

This is just one in a series of ....disappointing... sephora actions.  Hyping up VIB Rouge, then disappointing on the rewards, then promising to make it better, than making 2015 worse than 2014, now not even sending emails to VIB Rouges when the extraordinary rewards were launched, then this non apology. And let's not forget the delightful 20% off experience where Sephora still hasn't given a good explanation for why a certain ethnicity of users were automatically shut out...

Obviously there are a LOT of people out there with 1k or more points. My only complaint really is that I wish Sephora would offer good 500 and 1000 point perks every month. Have the 2k+ ones like every 2-3 months, but there should be 1k perks at least once a month. If they happen more often, it won't be so much of a Hunger Games. 1-2 times a year is just not enough.

On the bright side, if there is going to be another Mega Rewards this summer, maybe that gives Beauty2sample enough time to write a perk stalking-bot program and for all interested parties to pay her 99 cents in the app store and make her rich...

The way Sephora does things encourages it, why not?  Let their servers burn.

Just a quick question because I don't know how to find a mod or I am too lazy to look but I understand you don't want to provide details of upcoming promotions for "competitive reasons"…that is I guess reasonable…but how in the hell would releasing info on something I earned  be considered competitive??? Nordstrom and Ulta and whatever other retailer couldn't have deterred me from shopping and spending my points with you today regardless what they were going to offer me. Why could you not have sent out a specific email to BI's and let us know a date/time? Why did you have to be so secretive? Were you scared Nordstrom would pull a signed UD Vault out of their butt? Were you scared Ulta would magically start to give away KVD perks which is exclusive to your site? I would seriously love if a mod could message me to clarify!

I had zero intention of getting any of the extraordinary perks, but reading about this fiasco and now seeing Sephora's response... I'm so disappointed. I used to go into Sephora and feel special, pampered. I felt like I mattered. But it's so terribly obvious that Sephora doesn't care about their most loyal customers, who spend upwards of $1000 a year. I've always preferred Sephora to Ulta and Nordstrom, but I think I'm gonna start boycotting Sephora until they get their act together and give their Insiders the treatment we deserve.

The BT community should just take over Sephora completely and run the company ourselves.

15 hours to get this message out. Unbelievable!

This statement that was released above DOES NOT:

1. Address the fact that Canadian clients like myself were unable to redeem for anything this morning.

Why were we excluded? What will you do to make it up to Canadian clients like myself who were up at 4 and unable to redeem for anything? Do you know how frustrating that was for us to see the rewards we wanted sell out one by one?

2. Take accountability for the lack of emails being sent out.

All it does is blame the fact that it sold out quicker than they anticipated. Well, if the emails were sent out before the rewards went live, there would not have been a way for them to sell out.

3. Address how Sephora will be making this up to its loyal customers.

BTers have expressed complaints in the posts today already. Will Mods be giving points to all BTer's automatically? Mods on other social media forums are giving points out to each person that is complaining. It's only fair that this occurs for BTers as well. I don't have time to call the Rouge line to complain nor do I want to post what I have already posted in other threads here onto Facebook. Giving rewards to BTer's across the board automatically (I believe mods on other Sephora social media are giving out 500 pts to each person)  has been done before when there was another recent issue.This means that it is possible if Sephora choses to do so to be fair.

Or would Sephora rather each and every one of us contact a Mod and increase their workload tenfold doing it individually for each of us?

4. Address how they will be using our "helpful feedback" to make things better.

The BT community feels highly disrespected. We have a huge love affair with Sephora but feel taken advantage of due to the reoccurring problems, the endless broken promises of better things to come and that we just need to "stay tuned." Many BTer's have provided valuable advice and suggestions over and over and honestly want to provide input to make the Beauty Insider program better but we are again left disappointed, frustrated, angry, and unappreciated as a loyal customer. 

This sums up my feelings perfectly.

They really haven't taken responsibility for any of it. And that fact makes it so much worse. 

Sephora, why were Canadians excluded? 

Totally agree with you!  Well said! Although they NEVER address Canadian problems... It's always oups and sorry.  I've been voicing my opinion on Canadian issues for the last 2 years or so... Nothing really ever changes... Same for helpful feedback... A bunch of people on BT have wonderful ideas and I have never seen any of them used.  They honestly do not listen and IMO do not care.  This fiasco is again proof of that.

Well said Veronika, I completely agree. 

1 Reply
testing