Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Insiders
|

Empties

I love seeing other peoples empties! So I decided to make a board where people could post pictures of their empties, or just tell us about them! I'd also be interested in knowing whether you're repurchasing anything or not.

Re: Empties

The scent is like wet cardboard and the mister is like having someone sneeze on your face. PAAAASSSSSS.”

😂😆 Good to know, @Mochapj!!

Here are my September empties.  Not too many loves, a lot of likes and okays and a few dislikes or not for me.

Loves and will repurchase.Loves and will repurchase.Likes and okay.  I’m looking for cheaper alternatives to Drunk Elephant (it’s just too costly for me).Likes and okay. I’m looking for cheaper alternatives to Drunk Elephant (it’s just too costly for me).Hates or dislikes to put it nicer.  The purple beauty blender was so different from my pink ones.  The Bobbi Brown lipgloss was all glitter.  Tarte mascara irritated my eyes.Hates or dislikes to put it nicer. The purple beauty blender was so different from my pink ones. The Bobbi Brown lipgloss was all glitter. Tarte mascara irritated my eyes.

That salted caramel and macadamia nut product sounds so good, @Beth530! I’ve found the black beauty blender to be my favorite, seems like the pink one didn’t last that long for me. Haven’t tried the one you have pictured (and doesn’t sound like I need to 😉

@eshoe I’ll have to try the black beauty blender next.

I love that Sephora foot mask as well! Looks like you’ve gone through lots, great job @Beth530! 😄 I hope you’re able to find alternatives for DE- I’m about to try out the Glycolic Serum by Consonant and it looks similar to the T.L.C. Framboos based on the ingredients but not exactly the same. The Ordinary has a Marula oil that is very similar to DE but it’s a bit thicker and more oily feeling than DE’s Marula. 

I haven’t yet found a doup for B-hydra that has clean ingredients (no essential oils, silicons or fragrance)  and there’s tons of vit. C serums on the market; I hope you’re able to find alternatives that work for you! ☺️

@bakeamuffin I heard that the Ole Henriksen truth serum is good, so I might try that next.  I’ve tried numerous brands of Marula oil, but I just found them okay for my skin.  I guess the search always continues for me as I tend to need different products for the different seasons.

Here are my July to September empties! 

Loves:

3F742DDC-B370-4245-AD25-7B2C001FD4DB.jpeg

Not sure, kinda meh:

4639BE30-F203-4F73-8957-31476DCA0512.jpeg

Nope:0C826749-ECB6-407C-8BB3-3FA3427F145C.jpeg

Vacation empties:

B50B990E-FE83-4FAE-92CE-301D99F468E7.jpeg

Empties

I participated this month in the foil sample challenge so I can try to use more of my stash instead of just hoarding it. I used 74 foils/deluxe samples & 21 "full" size products. for a total of 95! 🎉 but I still have alot left 😕😉this is last week's! Starting all over tomorrow! happy Monday people!

Fantastic, @sonnydee!

Fantastic, @sonnydee!

Excellent progress @sonnydee! 👏🏻

sEPT.jpg

My September empties.

Love-
Sephora Express Eye Remover Wipe
Sephora Face Wipes
Dior Diorshow Mascara
Ok-
Wei Mung Bean Sprout Face Mask
Jack Black Daily Facial Cleanser
Murad Exfoliating Cleanser
Tom Ford Vert d'Encens

NO-
MUFE N45- Destash
Sephora Lashcraft Length + Volume

390C5F52-674E-4DDC-9964-D4B19E85AC08.jpeg

😍=loves, would or have repurchased

🙂=liked but have found better alternatives or looking for alternatives. I enjoy the Hangover duo but I need something without fragrance for regular use or I break out.

😐=isn’t working for me. The Saturday skin mask wasn't awful but I noticed brightning effects and didn’t find it to be Hydrating like it says. The Fresh Glow facial was initially positive but after using it, I did break out. I noticed it has several sensitizing and irritating ingredients. Thoes with sensitive skin or who break out easily may want to avoid this one. 

@bakeamuffin that is the cleanest "done" Beauty Blender I...

@bakeamuffin that is the cleanest "done" Beauty Blender I've ever seen!

Re: @bakeamuffin that is the cleanest "done" Beauty Blender I...

@Shelbstirr 😄 I break out relatively easily so I try to stay on the ball with washing it after each use to keep it clean and germ free - all the credit goes to Beautyblender blendercleanser® solid Lavender! That soap cleans my sponges and brushes so well! 

@bakeamuffin How many times have you used the Fresh Glow Facial? I’m a bit worried about trying it ! I also have the Saturday Skin mask , I hope 🤞🏼 it works out well, but it doesn’t sound too promising...

I used it once @keana1, I summarized the ingredients l in another post, I’ll tag you in it 🙂

If you’re skin isn’t typically bothered by the particular ingredients it may be fine for you, but I have somewhat picky skin. I am letting my skin clear and using only my basic skincare routine for now, and I will try to reintroduce it and see what happens. 

I hope that when you try it again it won’t be irritating your skin @bakeamuffin ! I agree that you have to pamper your skin before using it again! Better safe than sorry 😐! I had a bad reaction to salicylic acid when I used it overnight and it took me about a week to recover, even when using Benadryl! Now I know that I can only use it in a peeling solution like the DE Sukari babyfacial for the recommend time! Sometimes we learn it the hard way! Good luck to you when you decide to use it the next time, maybe you should use half of the product and gradually increase the amount? It might be worth trying? @eshoe gave me 2 envelopes to try, but I haven’t used them yet, I’ll let both of you know how it turns out! 

Empties

I have two months of empties to share! I'm not going to list everything but let me know if there are questions. Some favorites (already have back ups or plan to purchase): Olaplex, PTR Water Drench Cloud Cream, most of the masks, Wet n wild setting spray, and tarteist pro mascara. I'd consider purchasing: the coola tinted sunscreen and the Ulta body scrub.

Wow, @Lazybeautybeast, that's inspiring.

@Lazybeautybeast, I always look through this thread but h...

@Lazybeautybeast, I always look through this thread but hardly ever comment, but I'm TOTALLY impressed !!! I need to try harder to go through my samples. I did go through mine tonight and put the ones I thought I would use up in a cute Sephora stripe bag on my counter so I will remember to use them 😊

Re: @Lazybeautybeast, I always look through this thread but h...

Aw Thanks @Luvstravel! That is a great way to start! I try go through my collection regularly and prioritize products that I want to use up. I have tray next to my vanity that I keep items I'm working on or testing so I keep myself focused. My collection is exploding with DS from play boxes and Sephora favorites so I'm slowing working my way through them. I've kind of found rhythm of finish an item, pick out product in my collection to replace it in my routine.  

8,140 Replies
testing