Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Insiders
|

Empties

I love seeing other peoples empties! So I decided to make a board where people could post pictures of their empties, or just tell us about them! I'd also be interested in knowing whether you're repurchasing anything or not.

thanks @CookieGirl1looking at my stash still... wish that...

thanks @CookieGirl1looking at my stash still... wish that number was higher but it is what it is😐

Re: Empties

Fun and foils - cute idea @sonnydee! And wow, so many empties!

thanks @ShortErica I was doing really good the beginning...

thanks @ShortErica I was doing really good the beginning of the year but these last 3 months.....ughhhh! need to step it up

Re: thanks @ShortErica I was doing really good the beginning...

I know the feeling @sonnydee. Good luck this month!

I'm glad I'm not the only one.  My hair is typically silky and I can use almost anything on it for a day or two, but not that!  It's like straw after just one wash!

yesssss @flamingolegs so disappointing! Texas tea was my...

yesssss @flamingolegs so disappointing! Texas tea was my go too😢

A HUGE month in my quest to purge 75% of the stash that I had before the end of the year!

These are things I loved and will buy (or have already bought) again!

June loves.jpg

These are things I liked, and might buy again, but often there is another product I like just a bit better.  (Drunk Elephant over Sunday Riley for example)

JUne Likes.jpg

These things were OK, probably won't buy them again.  There's something in the BB Cream that was causing terribly hay fever symptoms.  It's the only thing I didn't completely use up.
JUne meh.jpg

These are the no's.  Most of these I really disliked, often due to the scent.
June no.jpg

@flamingolegs Always love reading your thoughts on products! Thanks for sharing!

Best,

Rebecca

Thassa LOT of empties, @flamingolegs.

75 percent is a lot @flamingolegs. How many products will that be? Great progress!

I have no idea!  I just know the volume.  I'm down by about 40%.  I could have filled four FFF boxes at the beginning of the year, now I'd need two.  By the end of the year my goal is to be able to fit it all into one.

Nice job scaling down @flamingolegs. Good luck the rest of the year.

RE: Empties

June Empties! successful month of body care products and skincare. not a ton of makeup (i know i will have several empties of makeup next month though!) second picture are things i will definitely repurchase

This is just the products I went through at home this month.  I wasn’t bringing empties home with me in my luggage:). C9954179-7376-4872-AC5B-3E7FC8D144CC.jpeg

28A127B1-B15C-4006-BB27-0840C4E583BE.jpeg

These are just decluttered.These are just decluttered.

I just take a snap of the travel empties and pitch them, then post it as a mid-month extra.  🙂

@flamingolegs  really what happens is I’ll save them for a couple days planning on taking photos and the room cleaners will come ‘clean them up’ for me.  I can’t say much cause what sane person protests someone taking out the trash?  😅

How’s the biore sunscreen @heartsmyface? I opted for the Nivea sunprotect pa+++ because I’ll do one less plus for much cheaper. Curious about any other daily sunscreens you’ve found to be good under makeup or bare faced. Thanks!

@ShortErica  The biore is excellent under makeup.  I also am quite fond of hello mommy.  They’re both invisible on once they dry down.  

3489AFE8-CA18-43D8-90CB-196D142D9E5F.jpeg

Thanks @heartsmyface. it seems the asian sunscreens with octinoxate, univul t 150 and univul a plus are the most cosmetically pleasing. Which of the two do you think leaves less shine? I'm hoping to find some mineral only options as well but the nivea seems to be my go to daily sunscreen because it gets pretty invisible minus a little shine. I appreciate your suggestions!

Next time bring an empty suitcase just for empties @heartsmyface We need to see your trash!

Empties

Awesome thread, been saving these for awhile! Feel free to jump to certain products if you're not interested in the whole list, afterall I have alot to say! Starting top left and going in a clockwise like circle: Zest fruit boost bodywash- I got this at a Kroger in a pop up cardboard display case and I loved it but I went back for a repurchase and it was gone! No display, not on the regular shelves, not at Walmart, & an employee told me to try online 😕 I love it enough that I might but I wish it wasn't such a hassle. I loved this because I have sensitive skin AND I'm allergic to fragrance so I have to be careful about my beauty, skincare, haircare, lotion, soaps, detergents, deodorant, candles, odor eliminaters, house cleaning products, etc, etc. So when I find something like this that smells good (with my allergy most perfumes tend to smell similar and give me a headache, hives and blotchiness when applied, and sends me into coughing fits and stirs my asthma when sprayed- usually flower based as opposed to food based scents), is sensitive skin friendly, actually mixes well with the scent from my shampoo & conditioner (I hate when they don't, again this affects my condition), & most importantly WORKS well!- I'm obsessed! Just wish it was easier to find 😕 Herbal Essences shampoo (idk what happened to the conditioner lol)- again this scent was amazing to me and worked perfectly with the Zest body wash, however I do not have curly hair & can't speak to the performance of that aspect, but the star of the show here is the amount of time that you can go in between washings and have beautiful shiny, clean looking hair! I hate washing my hair daily and tend to put it up when showering on non hair wash days and with this shampoo and conditioner, this was super easy & effective as opposed to all others I've ever used, when I take hot showers on the in between days, the humidity causes my hair to look more oily and definitely needing that wash the next day! The friend that turned me on to these has way longer and way thicker hair and because of that she goes many more days not washing her hair than I do, and she said her hair looks nice up to 8 DAYS using this! 8 DAYS!! I'm using the other duo on my list further down currently, but I'll be repurchasing both the shampoo & conditioner as I have many many times. Younique Illuminate facial cleanser for oily skin- I used to be a presenter and I mostly just got the discount as opposed to selling it. I have since realized there's better performing makeup for way less and tried to use up my skincare to get rid of it. This was creamy and did the job without stripping oils making my skin feel soft and not tight afterwards but I just didn't see anything special worth mentioning. 😕 Sensitive skin friendly but I'm not oily so idk how great it is for that, like i said i just didn't want to waste it. Anyway I will NOT be repurchasing this, (not sure if it's even still available) or maybe anything from Younique again, they're products have gone downhill as they've gained popularity (a matter of getting cheaper, easier & faster to produce) yet they stay expensive and there's just better stuff for less like I said. MOVING ON... Hey Honey Good Morning Honey Silk Facial Serum- if you look you can see both the trial and the full size because I got a trial and loved it so much I went with a purchase and this is an empty and I'm on my 2nd possibly will repurchase but I need to reconfigure my whole skincare routine. It leaves my skin so silky feeling and just really boosted my skin softening when my moisturizer didn't cut it. Only downfall is the high price I'm not too thrilled with but you definitely get what you pay for! I'm going to Plump all 3 trial Tarte skincare items as I recieved them together- this is the Drink of H2O Hydrating Boost (not much opinion, it's ok I guess, not repurchasing), the Rainforest of the Sea Deep Dive cleansing gel (really enjoyed this and when I don't need an exfoliating cleanser this is great and I could definitely see myself repurchasing but as of now I have plenty of face washes to use up- currently using the Soap and Glory foaming pump face wash and it's great in a different way- I feel more of a deep clean vs the Deep Dive making me feel more soft and hydrated after) & lastly the reason for the purchase, the Frixxxtion Stick exfoliating cleanser- absolutely loved this and repurchased many sets like this before I coughed up the cash for a full size one because it was recommended by Laura Lee when I was 1st getting into skincare and it was too pricey (I thought, now I realize in comparison to other skincare it's actually affordable) but after continuing to purchase the trials I realized that I haven't found a better exfoliating cleanser and although like most my skincare, I have tons to get through before I make any more purchases, I'll definitely be buying this again! Eco-beauty Good Night night cream skin lotion trial- I got this from an Ipsy which was amazing as a beginner but I couldn't keep adding samples and trials and just stuff to my massive collection so I no longer recieve Ipsy. I used up the lotion though not wanting to be wasteful (like the Younique) and I didn't care for it. I didn't hate it either but it wasn't very impressive, the scent was that of a popsicle stick sans the sugar- like a tounge depresser or a band aid and although I appreciate the size of the sample, I had to make myself finish it and I most certainly won't repurchase it. I appreciate what they're mission is and may look into future products, possibly. Lastly Nexxus Keraphix damage healing shampoo & conditioner- These deluxe samples are from Sephora and I was in love with how my hair felt after using these. It's hard to explain and although they're pricey, especially compared to a set from the drugstore, my hair feels so much different than any drugstore shampoo and/or conditioner has EVER left my hair! My hair felt so silky smooth and soft and looked healthier (although I have no clue if it actually healed any damage). My hair is so fine and thin and can't hold a curl but somehow with this set it felt soft and an airy weightlessness while somehow at the same time feeling thicker and heavier than it every had!!! Don't get me wrong, it didn't grow any extra hair but it's as if it coated each strand increasing its size!? Anyways, I purchased 2 of each of the bigger bottles (during a BOGO 1/2 off sale- Sephora runs that sale on this particular brand alot so it's worth checking out! ) and as in love with the luxurious hair this gives me as I am, I do miss the days of my Herbal Essence giving me plenty of oil free time in between washings and I'm currently at a crossroads trying to decide which is more valuable to me at the moment while I'm big into working out! Thank you for your time, I know it was lengthy but I hope you found it helpful and I enjoyed FINALLY getting to write about these and toss em! Cool thread and I look forward to posting everytime I get a new empty so it won't be soooo long lol! XOXO 💖🤘 -OoohLaLaAndrea

8,134 Replies
testing