Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Insiders
|

Empties

I love seeing other peoples empties! So I decided to make a board where people could post pictures of their empties, or just tell us about them! I'd also be interested in knowing whether you're repurchasing anything or not.

Re: Empties

@itsfi 

I'm especially excited to see the cheaper brands using it, like TO and Inkey. Before I discovered PC, I was a mostly drugstore gal, and finding BHA there (outside of a cleanser) is dang near impossible.

I guess those brands aren't actually "drugstore" since they aren't sold at drugstores, but the price point makes them so much more accessible. I really need to pick up one or two cheapies just to test out for myself (but at the same time, I loooooove my PC lol).

@RGbrown, I just recently got my hands on TO’s salicylic acid. I think they may be reformulating? It was out for the longest time (and still is on the brand’s site) and then a few popped back up, but only for the shortest time, and now gone. Sephora Collection has a salicylic acid based serum that’s not bad; I think Paula’s Choice is better but the SC worked fine for me as a spot treatment. Versed has a SA spot treatment, but I’ve read mixed reviews.

@itsfi 

I seem to recall someone else talking about TO being hard to find lately. Hopefully they are bringing it back at some point!

RE: Re: Empties

Love burst bees coconut foot cream

Re: RE: Re: Empties

@WhereYouStand 

I remember the first time I tried it many many years ago, I was completely repulsed by the oily, ointment-like texture. For some silly reason, I had been expecting a cream; dunno where I got that idea 😛 But I quickly got over it, and love it. It's great!

The lastest batch o' trash! 🗑

YTD 140

IMG_20200425_224559520.jpg

Leaders masks: perfectly lovely masks that hydrate well, fit decently, and are low on the scent scale.

Ulta shower tablets (berries and lavender): true love but sadly discontinued. Fantastic scent.

Paul Mitchell The Detangler: I didn't love this when I had longer hair (I didn't find it helped with detangling much at all), but after my haircut, I found it to be a really nice conditioner for me. It provides pretty decent slip without being too heavy for my fine hair. The consistency is really thin compared to what I'm used to, but it still seemed to give good moisture. Would use again.

Bumble Pret A Powder aerosol: still one of my favorite aerosol dry shampoos. Works well, nice scent, low white cast. Probably won't buy because I can get better deals on ones that are nearly as good, but it holds a place in my heart.

Voir Dry Shampoo (loose powder): mediocre at best, sadly. It's gritty, and it takes a lot to get results. Smells nice, and the bottle works well, but...doubt I'd use it again, even if I got it for free.

Tarte Sugar Rush Squeezy Clean Face Wash: the texture was a bit weird. It's a thin gel, fairly normal feeling, but it lathers up so thickly, it almost turns into a cream. Something about the feel of the lather was just off to me. It cleansed well, though perhaps was a bit on the drying side. And I was appalled by the size of the tube...that's a 7mL tube that they charge $10 for. Sure, I picked it up at 5/$25, and used an Ulta coupon, but I was still extremely disappointed in the size vs cost.

Vichy Liftactiv Peptide C moisturizer: a weird balm/ointment texture that is completely different from any other moisturizer I have ever tried before. I went into it really wanting to like it, but never could get on board with the balmy feeling it left on my skin. Alcohol is too far up on the list for me to ever condone it either, so I guess it's for the best that I leave this one behind. 

Algenist Alive Prebiotic Balancing Mask: a gentle clay mask that never really dries down. It's fine, but I didn't see anything special about it. Drier types would probably like it more than I did...I prefer a more aggressive clay for my oily skin.

Burt's Bees lip balm (vanilla): love the vanilla in this one. Lip balm is a basic daily staple for me that I always have within reach, and I find BB to be a dependable one to keep around.

Tigi Rockaholic Dry Shampoo: perfectly lovely. Light citrus scent, does the job well, though I find it takes more of this one than some other aerosols. Low white residue. Would use again, but I wouldn't go out of my way buy it.

@RGbrown   Oooh.  Good to hear about the low-scent Leader's masks. Nothing worse than opening a pouch of a new thing and getting scent-assaulted!  (Looking at your entire existence, Darphin!)

@tinobiscuits 

Darphin is way too high on the cha-ching scale for me to have ever tried, but I'm not really surprised that a crazy expensive French brand is highly scented. Good to know in case I ever decide to get spendy 😂

Leaders masks have a very light scent (at least the ones I've tried so far)...I class it as a generic "sheet mask fresh" scent that's very inoffensive. They are all around good masks! 

April empties, part 1

❤️ LOVES ❤️ - These are all repurchase-worthy, but I might not repurchase right away for different reasons, primary of which is that I have several similar products that need some attention. 😉 

4.2020 Loves (part 1a).jpg

Spoiler
Whole Foods Bio Cellulose Mask (Nourishing Royal Jelly)
The Creme Shop Clear Up, Skin! Animated Unicorn Face Mask
The Creme Shop Raspberry Yogurt Fusion Sheet Mask
Sephora Collection Pumpkin Face Mask 
Leaders Labotica Skin So Soft Mask (Rice)
Dr. Jart Ceramidin Lipair - I think this has been reformulated)
Farmacy Honeymoon Glow - thinking about picking up a FS during the sale.
OpalHouse Scented Soy Candle (Lavender Lemonade)

4.2020 Loves (part 1b).jpg

Spoiler
A'pieu Sweet Banana Sheet Mask
Dewytree Blooming Face Ginseng Mask
Papa Recipe Bombee Fruitables Orange Squeeze Energy Mask
Creative Living 100% Soy Wax Candle (Blueberry Pie)
Shiseido Facial Cotton - if I were not working towards reusable cottons, I would repurchase these time and time again. I'm using up what I have, save a couple of packs of the mini's for future travel
Sulwhasoo Bloomstay Vitalizing Cream (x2)
Trader Joe's Scented Soy Wax Candle (Honey Crisp Apple) - I will be stocking up on this candle when it hits the shelves in the fall. Smells so good! 
Trader Joe's Scented Soy Wax Candle (Lemon Cookie)

😃 LIKES 😃 - these ranged from good to great. I'd happily use them again and would probably repurchase a few. 

4.2020 Likes (part 1).jpg

Spoiler
MISSHA Cho Gong Jin Eye Cream
Iris Pure Performance Premium Cotton Rounds (x2)
Julep Love Your Bare Face Hydrating Cleansing Oil
Neogen Bio-Peel+ Advanced Treatment (Lemon)
DHC Rich Eye Zone Care Pack
GlamGlow InstaMud 60-Second Pore Refining Treatment Mask
Peace Out Dullness One-Step Brightening Face Pad - I've only used one so far so it's too early to tell whether it stays a "like" or becomes a "love"; it being individually wrapped definitely makes it great for traveling in the future
Sephora Collection Pumpkin Body Butter
Caudalie Glycolic Peel
Ellis Brooklyn West Eau de Parfum - I waffled on where to put this one; some days it worked well for other; other days I preferred to use it as a room spray.
The Body Shop Body Butter (Satsuma)
Drunk Elephant Lippe Balm
Crest Pro Health Clean Mint Alcohol Free Oral Rinse
Caudalie Instant Detox Mask

4.2020 Likes (part 1b).jpg

Spoiler
Lancome Renergie LIft Multi Action Ultra Sheet Mask - I'd pick up another of this sheet mask...if it were on sale. 
Neogen Naturals Super Hydra Aqua Capsule Mask
Danielle Glam Goddess Hydrating Facial Sheet Mask (Cucumber & Aloe)
Oozoo Bear Aurora Illuminating Mask
Make Up Forever Reboot Active Care-In-Foundation Y255 + Y315 - I like the formula, finish and wear of this foundation; not sure either of these two lighter shades on their own are the best match for me. I plan to pass on the two darker shades to coworkers. 
Clinique Acne Solutions Clinical Clearing Gel - this is a nice gel, but can be a little drying. I have a host of acne products that I want to use up before repurchasing anything.
OM! Only Me Green Tea Sheet Mask
OM! Only Me Seaweed Salts Mask
SuperGoop Invicible Setting Powder SPF45 (Translucent) - this is on the short list of SPF products I want to look into more for reapplication, but I'm trying to be good about only trying out a couple products of the same type at one time instead of having several open items.

THE REST - these ranged from 'okay' to 'meh'. Most I'd use again if I had them, but they just were not favorites.

4.2020 The Rest (part 1).jpg

Spoiler
Olly Sephora Collection  Skin Detox Gummies 
Olly Sephora Collection  Goodbye Stress Gummies
Medca Hydro-BAND Acne Patch
Rituals the Ritual of Sakura Magic Touch Body Cream - the scent was too much for me
Sephora Collection Exfoliating Wipes (Papaya) - the exfoliating side is ... ouch! Too abrasive for my skin though that side can be repurposed nicely for the soles of the feet or elbows. 
Trader Joe's Scented Candle (Mango Tangerine)(x2) - I couldn't pick up a scent on either of these candles. I thought the first one might have been a dud, but when I lit the other one, same thing - zero scent from it. 
Everyday Luxe Home Fragrance (Coconut Lychee Smoothie)
Sephora Collection Coconut Water Moisturizing Cream
Dr. Brandt Hydro Biotic Recovery Sleeping Mask
OleHenriksen Lucky Pucker Lip Scrub - this started off well, but I may have left it unused for too long. I had to press really hard to get it to work and then it just hurt. Worked a little better when I transferred it to a pot and used a mini-spatula to scoop some out and mixed in the slightest bit of oil to make it more easily spreadable. 
First Aid Beauty Hello FAB Ginger & Turmeric Vitamin C Jelly Mask  
Sugarbearshair Women's Multi Vegan Gummies (x2)

Breakdown: 

Spoiler
April MTD (as of 4.15.2020) - I'll include a YTD at the end of the month

MTD
Full size
Deluxe / travel / mini
Foil
                        Total

MTD
Skincare
Makeup
Hair care
Bath & Body
Nail care
Wellness
Fragrance1
Home
Other4
            Total

Yay! Glad you loved the dewytree ginseng! & nice repurpose for the exfoliating wipes @itsfi I normally just try to use them up as fast as I can by cleaning off swatches

@sonnydee, thank you so much for sending the Dewytree ginseng mask my way; 🤗 it’s one of my favorite ginseng sheet masks. 💖

The exfoliating side is just too rough for my face; even my nose is like “no, no, no.” 😆 

RE: Empties

March/Mid April Empties! LOVES: batiste sweetie dry shampoo, purity face wash, lancer the method polish face scrub, belif the true cream moisturizing bomb, clinique take the day off balm, lanza healing colorcare color preserving shampoo and conditioner, kat von d tattoo liner. the unmentioned products were fine but nothing i would run out to restock!

Re: RE: Empties

Love Dr teals haven't tried the pink himalayan one yet. I've tried both the lavender & coconut ones. the coconut one being my favorite. also love the fresh lip sugar scrub. 

These are some great empties @karap03; nicely done! 🙂 belif moisturizing bomb is a favorite of mine! ❤️

End of March/early April trash

YTD 129

IMG_20200407_124023495.jpg

Spoiler
Baby Foot: every foot peel I've done in the past has taken around 3 weeks from start to finish for me, where this one got me sandal-ready in around 2 weeks. But, the overall results aren't really any better than any cheaper foot peel I've used, and 2 wks vs 3 wks doesn't bother me much, nor does it justify the $25 cost to me. I would absolutely use this one again, but don't see myself buying it again without a spectacular deal. 

Yuni Shower Sheet: perfectly lovely, does its job well. Will use again as they come in GWPs pretty frequently, but it's not something I'm looking to buy.

Tata Harper Regenerating Cleanser: This is a scrubby, cream cleanser with a lovely citrusy scent. The scrubbing bits are small and fairly gentle, and I found them fine for daily use without irritation. However, something in this didn't agree with my skin, and I'd wake up to a few small red spots/bumps on my upper cheek/just under and around my eyes every time I used it. Used roughly half, the rest is a declutter.

StriVectin Multi-Action Blue Rescue Clay Renewal Mask: it's a white clay mask with little blue beads in it. To "activate" it, you're supposed to rub it around on your face until it turns blue. It feels gimmicky...I'm not sure the blue beads contain anything more than blue dye, and I haven't enjoyed rubbing in a clay mask since approximately 3.2 seconds after I got my first mask brush a few years back. I just applied with my silicone spatula and left it mostly white, and it was perfectly fine. It's an easy clay mask, it dries down, but it's not stiff or tight, and it rinses off relatively easily. It didn't dry me out, and did a decent job soaking up some excess oil. The scent is a bit strong...powdery citrus I think? One whiff would be ok, another would a bit overwhelming. It dissipated as the mask dried down though. All in all, this was OK, nothing outstanding, but not terrible. Would use again, but it would be low on the priority list.

Klorane Dry Shampoo (aerosol): I feel like Klorane isn't really trendy or hip or hot or even talked abut much, and maybe that has influenced how I've personally looked at the brand in the past, but this was an excellent dry shampoo. I know I've tried it before, and remember thinking it was "ok" but in the "just fine, but I like other stuff way better" sort of way. This time around? Pretty freaking outstanding. I think it has eclipsed Bumble as my fave 😮  Low scent, low white stuff, and really good at its job. 

Fizz & Bubble Shower Steamer (Citrus): this is the third Fizz & Bubble shower steamer I've tried, and the second disappointment. Next to no scent once wet. 

TonyMoly I'm Real Red Wine sheet mask: fine, I guess? I forgot to make notes, and it's been a couple of weeks.  

Exuviance Super Retinol Concentrate: I finally hunted out the retinol % on this one, and it's only 0.2%. It's a great formula for a retinol-newbie...it soaks in well, and has never interfered with anything else in my routine, but it's too weak for me...I generally like 1%+ formulas. 

Tula Purifying Face Cleanser: my favorite non-drugstore face wash. Does a great job of cleansing without stripping my face or leaving residue. The scent takes a little getting used to, but I love the wash enough that the scent doesn't bother me anymore.

Burt's Bees Pomegranate lip balm: just a basic staple

Bumble and bumble Don't Blow It Fine Hair Air Styler: love love love this stuff. Provides just enough frizz control for me without weighing my hair down or making it crunchy or making it oily. My hair certainly isn't "perfect" after using it, not salon smooth or anything like that, but that's not the look I'm going for either...this is a great easy-care, non-blowdry product that makes messy/tousled/bed head look better, if that makes sense. I keep trying other products, but never find anything I like more, and always keep some of this on hand. 

@RGbrown I love those shower sheets!

@RGbrown, the BabyFoot exfoliating peel is probably my favorite peel, but yeah, it's a splurge, even when I can find it on sale. 

RE: Empties

I’ve been collecting my empties for a while. A lot of just ok products but these were my standouts: Viktor Rolf Sage Spell (love but full size is expensive!), Ole Henriksen Glow Cycle Serum, Clean Freak Dry Shampoo (klorane works a bit better but more expensive), Too Faced Born to Run Concealer, and Champagne Toast Body Wash (love the smell). Did not like the Tarte Knockout as it was too strong for me. The Sephora brand hair scrub left a residue at my roots. The Amika shampoo made my hair greasy. The Milani setting spray mister was horrible, maybe defective but did not like at all. The IGK sample dry shampoo left a horrible gray cast that was difficult to get out. The R&F moisturizer is great but pricey and there are cheaper alternatives.

You have some nice products here @danny2785. The watermelon version of MAC Fix+ smells really good! Tarte Knockout is one of the stronger acid treatments out there - I usually have to dilute the formula a bit using it. 

Empties

My March contribution to trash society. 42 in all. Not pictured but counted 3 sheet masks but loves Sephora watermelon after sun & my deardiary mexico,apieu melon icing. i dont know what happened to my Mexico & melon icing. but the Sephora is in my fridge. The leftover serum can give me another round. Forgot the Ulta candle, its a love but has a very strong scent. Rows: Top loves, Middle likes, Bottom no not for me. Samples are freshstrawberry cleanser. The sheet masks were all good, lone moisturizer Dr. R was a no, it was simply to rich for my oily skin..105 ytd

@sonnydee, fruity-scented candles seem to be the theme for the month at my house and that sparkling clementine sounds like it would fit right in.

8,134 Replies
testing