I love seeing other peoples empties! So I decided to make a board where people could post pictures of their empties, or just tell us about them! I'd also be interested in knowing whether you're repurchasing anything or not.
Re: Empties[ Edited ]
- Sephora triple action cleansing water
- ACT mouthwash
- Hawaiian tropic sunscreen- I use this on my hand, arms, neck and ears through out the day (I sit near a window at work). I actually love the coconut smell
- Caudalie hand and nail cream- love love love
- Nutranail 5 to 7 day growth- this is discontinued
- Hourglass film noir mascara
- Hourglass(deluxe sample) lipstick in grace
- NARS stick concealer
- OH sheer transformations- a daily use product just trying to use up samples
Meh (will not repurchase)
- Dr. Jart+ All that and firm mask
- Bit lip wipes- Loved the wipe I had a dark red lipstick that I know to stain my lips, but I used this wipe and the lipstick came off with no remaining stain. The reason I put it in “meh” is because of their price I probably wouldn’t repurchase
- Loccitane rose hand cream- this is good stuff just not as good as the Caudalie hand cream
- UD lip liner in native- good lip liner it’s just the color was too dark for me so it darkened up all my lipsticks.
- YSL babydoll mascara- I liked this mascara on it’s own, but I found it started to flake off by the end of my workday. It did not work well with my Dior lash maximizer which is HG for me so this is a no go for me.
- Korres wild rose 24 hour moisturizer- I love the sleeping mask, but this moisturizer was just meh for me
- Jurlique rose mist- I saw no difference using this product but the small spray bottle is cute and I will reuse it.
- Phyto secret de nuit- I saw no difference using this product
- Sample of Flower bomb- I like this scent a lot, but it is strong. It lingers a loooong time on me.
Did not like
- REN radiance mask- just didn’t work with my skin
- Loccitane almond shower oil- the product itself was fine, but I struggled to get the cap open every single time I went to use it. It was so frustrating!!!
- Formula X nail strengthener- didn’t strengthen my nails I ended up using it as a top coat
- Viva la juicy- I used to love this scent to the point that I had backup roller balls. But my likes have changed and I am over this scent. It was all I could do to use this up, the backup roller balls have been donated.
- LOccitane shea butter- this was too greasy for my likes but the small tin container is adorable and I will reuse it.
Re: Empties[ Edited ]
Loves - would (re)purchase
- FAB Ultra Repair Cream
- Nugg Revitalizing Face Mask - this has peppermint oil so it does sting, not terribly for me but I can tell this is not for ppl with sensitive skin but I actually really enjoyed it
- Glamglow Youthcleanse
- BB Solid Cleanser - my fave product to clean brushes hands down
- ABH Dipbrow - all ready broke out a backup. It's my HG for brows. This is the jar that I bought right when the Dipbrow first came out and was only available on the ABH website. It took me this long to finish it!
- Living Proof Perfect Hair Day line - the name says it all!
- Soap & Glory Scrub Em and Leave Em Body Buff - sadly not carried at Sephora anymore
- KVD Makeup Removing Wipes - I love the sample packets that have 2 wipes each, I always try to keep these in my purse
- Benefit's Porefessional
- Cover Fx Calming Primer
- Clarins Beauty Flash Balm
- Tata Harper Regenerating Cleanser
Would Not (Re)purchase
- Marula Cleansing Lotion
- Shiseido Ibuki Refining Moisturizer
- Loreal OleoTerapy Shampoo and Conditioner - worst smelling hair products I've ever used
- Living Proof No Frizz Shampoo
- Nude Skincare Overnight Repair Mask
- Up and Up Cleansing Towelettes
- Fresh Soy Face Cleanser
- IT Cosmetics Age Defying Primer
- Omorovicza Balancing Moisturizer
- Boscia Oil Free Nightly Hydration
Loves (have repurchased, will repurchase):
Carol's Daughter Hair Milk
Caudalie Cleansing Water
Lea Journo Hydrating Shampoo (this stuff smells amazing, and I love that it doesn't lather)
Kate Somerville Exfolikate
Like (may or may not repurchase):
Lea Journo Hydrating Conditioner
Tatcha Ageless Revitalizing Eye Cream (almost a love, need to try more)
Tatcha Luminous Deep Hydration Firming Serum
Amore Pacific Age Defense Dual Eye Cream (almost a love, need to try more)
PTR Rose Gel Mask
Josie Maran Argan Oil (been buying this for years, time to move on to other things)
Fresh Rose Hydrating Eye Gel Cream
Ole Henriksen Truth Serum Collagen Booster
Ole Henriksen Sheer Transformation
First Aid Beauty Face Cleanser
Algenist Algae Brightening Mask (not a fan of messy masks, but this made my skin so smooth after)
Dior J'Adore Perfume Sample
Acqua Di Parma Mirto di Panarea Perfume Sample
Acqua Di Parma Bergamotto di Calabria Perfume Sample
Boscia Red Konjac Sponge (almost a love, but I am currently using the Eve Lom muslin cloth, which now surpasses my love for this sponge)
BareMinerals BareSkin in Bare Sand (like, although this color is darker than I need)
Dislike (meh, can't see myself repurchasing):
DevaCurl Ultra Defining Gel (leaves my curls too dry)
Lancome Dullness Relief Daily Lotion (very drying and smells like alcohol)
Verso Super Eye Serum (stung my undereyes pretty bad)
Buxom Lash Mascara (this packaging was so annoying, I finally gave up)
Philosophy Renewed Hope in a Jar (whatever)
Re: Empties[ Edited ]
Loves - Would Repurchase
Chanel Giggle gloss - MY HG lipgloss! I can’t e without this. I’m the crazy person who has 4 backups of this at all times so as soon as one finished I automatically buy a new one.
YSL touche eclat #3 - HG ben using this for 10 years now. Absolutely love it!
YSL Shocking Mascara - Love this stuff I’ll repurchase once I use a few more
Fresh Rose Gel Eye cream - Really liked this. I have dry under eyes and this did moisturize them. I have too many other samples but I’d consider purchasing this as a day cream.
Fresh Sugar Lychee Bath & Shower Gel - Smells so good! I love all of the Fresh shower gels.
Fresh Soy Cleanser - Really like this. It grew on me. I’ve tried it a few times and never loved it just liked it. I do’t know what changed but I fell in love with this.
Tata Harper Resurfacing mask - Great mask. Prefer this to the Ren’s mask.
Rodial Glamtox cleansing balm - Where has this been all my life? I randomly picked this up and O-M-G. It’s beautiful. It comes in a pump so super hygienic. A little goes a very long way. Makes my skin glow. Take off every trace of make up. It is perfume heavy but I don’t mind that so it will sting the eyes. I’m already using a back up!
Beautyblender Blendercleanser - My standard brush cleanser.
Nivea SkinMilk - Picked this up in Japan and I regret not getting more. I have very dry skin with eczema and the occasional psoriasis. I need heavy duty moisturizers. I bought this and the first time I used it I was very skeptical about it, like the name suggests it’s a milk. The consistency was very watery and thin but somehow managed to moisturize my skin like my other thicker options.
La Sana Hair Essence Oil - Also picked this up in Japan. Made my hair so shiny! Loved the smell too
Shiseido Cottons - My go to for cottons.
Caudalie Foot Cream - My favorite foot cream! Leaves my feet soft and well moisturized. Also sinks in very fast which is something I look to in a foot cream.
PTR AHA/BHA clearing gel - Picked up a full size of this. It keeps all the clogged pores I get on my chin at bay!
OH Lemon Peel - HG Peel! Have a full size of this and plenty f other deluxe samples!
Sensodyne toothpaste - Love this stuff for when I whiten my teeth or they’re feeling sensitive
B&BW Endless Weekend body scrub - I usually prefer scrubs that leave an oil behind. This scrub didn’t do that in fact it foamed but it didn’t leave my skin dry at all. The scent was great and this was great for removing all traces of sunscreen during summer or as a pre-shaving scrub.
John Masters Organics Bloody Orange & Vanilla Body Milk - Smelled very fresh and moisturized my skin well.
Tree Hut Shea Sugar Body Scrub Tropical Mango - The smell was divine! I love tropical scents reminds me of Brazil and my childhood. This left my skin very soft and left some oil on my skin which I absolutely love!
Daisy Dream - Smelled good. I’d use this as a day scent
BVLGARI Mon Jasmi Noir - Love this, I have a full size.
Fresh Seaberry Body Cream - This lotion sinks in the skin super fast I like especially for humid FL. Smells great and tastes sweet? Don’t ask me how I know that. The scent does linger but it isn’t overpowering where it clashes with your perfume. Love fresh!
B&BW Wall plug in Leaves - Love this smell and it fills the whole room.
Josie Maran Argan Oil - I don’t use this on my face. In fact I’m not a fan of this on my face. I like to add this as a hot oil treatment on my hair before washing it. Also, love to add it to my body moisturizers or hand/foot lotions.
Laneige Perfect Renew skin Refiner - Leaves my skin soft and keeps it clear.
AQUIESSE Cambria Pine - This is so $$$$$$ but I’m a sucker for a good candle. I love the smell of pines and this did not disappoint. It lasted me a long time as well. Will repurchase again during the holidays.
Wish Body Butter Pomegranate - Used this while I traveled and surprisingly I loved this stuff. The smell is very faint and left my skin super super soft.
Secret Clinical Strength Antiperspirant - HG for the gym! No one likes a stinky sweaty betty.
Likes - Maybe I’d repurchase
Revive Fermitif Neck Renewal Cream - I like this, made my neck very smooth but for now my neck isn’t a concern. I just use all my serums/cream on my neck anyways so I wouldn’t repurchase this. Besides the crazy $$$$.
D&G Dolce - At first I loved this stuff then it was meh I wouldn’t repurchase it.
Sephora Brush Shampoo - Was ok but I have so many brush cleansers open atm I wouldnt repurchase this right away.
Fresh Seaberry Oil - I’m allergic to an ingredient in this so I didn’t use it on my face. I like to add oils to my hand lotions to give it a boost. My hands felt super soft and had an unusual glow to them. I wouldn’t repurchase this but I’d use it again if another deluxe size came my way
Caudalie Vinopefect SPF 15 Fluid - I liked this but I don’t use anything below SPF30 especially on my face!
Dermadoctor KP Duty - This doesn’t get rid of bumps as it claims. It did leave my skin smooth. I liked it but wouldn’t repurchase.
Yu-Be Foaming skin polish - Same as above. Good but not great wouldn’t repurchase.
C.O. Bigelow Lemon Body Cream - Liked this except for the scent. Way TOO STRONG for me.
Meh - Not for me
Maybelline MAster Precise liner in black - Was in need of a cheap liner during a trip. This was awful! From day 1 this was never eve BLACK!
Cutex Non-Acetone Polish Remover - The smell is AWFUL. I just couldn’t get past it.
PTR Neuroliquid Volufill Youth Moisturizing blah blah blah- Longest name ever! This gave a terrible rash. My skin is still trying to recover itself.
Shiseido Benefiance Wrinkle Resist Eye Cream - I started to use Shiseido when I was 15. It has never let me down until this product. I have dry under eyes so when Sephora decided to give me about 10 samples of this on an online order I was stoked! It went on so nice! The next day I woke up with milia and dryer then usual in that area
Benefit Porefessional - I just don’t get it. I know it’s all popular but this just doesn’t work with my dry skin. It makes my skin even more dry and patchy. Also I notice every time I try this I get a random whitehead here and there.
Smashbox photo finish lid primer - Not the best eye primer. Also, this made my eyeshadows somehow not show up as true to color.
Givenchy Very Irresistible - Although I got lots of compliments while wearing this, it just didn’t feel like a me scent. I like musky and woody scents. This was somewhat too girly for me lol
Excellent month again. You'll be ready for that move soon enough. What benefits did you notice from the Tata Harper mask? I saw an ever so slight glow, but I wonder if it did something else and I just missed it.
Thank you! I hope so I have a few months still so I'm just trying to get through products. I like the mask as a spot treatment. I notice that when I use it that way my spot has reduced in size and it shrinks it without drying out it out. Also, it helps with under the skin bumps whenever I'm trying something new and have a reaction to it.
I'm going to get the Rodial cleanser, as I've been eyeing it for a while BTW, I had flu last week, and my nose was so sore until I started using Rodial's Stem Cell Oil on it - I bought the product following your recommendation and a foil sample, and I'm finding it the most versatile of all my oils, so thank you
I'm so glad it worked out for you! I absolutely love that oil. Funny enough I too started using it after a very bad cold! Try the balm it's such a beautiful product! Also it has antioxidants and anti-aging properties as all the Rodial products do which is always a plus! Let me know how it works for you when you pick it up
Two of my staples-- Ulta pressed powder and philosophy Purity. I'm getting ready to switch to the Bliss foaming face wash that was $10 in the Black Friday sales, though. Excited to try something new!
It took me a few months, but I didn't actually get it that clean--I was trying to use a puff to swipe out one or two final applications and cracked the edges, so there was a little lift before that. But I apply it two or three times a day, so the formula has good longevity!
I know-- a much bigger size that I had thought it would be. I've used it a couple times and enjoyed it, but I still had to open a new bottle of Purity to use with my Clarsonic because I feel like the Bliss is too "rough" on the skin (since it says it's an exfoliating cleanser) to use with it. How are you liking it?
I am quickly becoming addicted to this thread! Jan empties:
Lush So White Shower Gel - unique apple/orange blossom smell
Lush Silky Underwear Dusting Powder - go through tons of this stuff
Lancome Bi Facil eye makeup remover - can't even begin to count how many bottles I've gone through
Clinique Clarifying Lotion 3 - gone through many bottles of this, too
Shiseido Facial Cotton - love these for taking off eye makeup
Lancome Hypnose Waterproof Mascara - absolute favorite
Fresh Sugar Lip Treatment in Honey - love all of these
Dr Dennis Gross Furulic Acid & Retinol Brightening Solution - 2nd bottle of this
Dr Dennis Gross Furulic Acid & Retinol Moisturizer
Dr Dennis Gross Furulic Acid & Retinol Eye Gel
Bath & Body Works Vanilla Bean Noel Body Cream
Dove Clinical Protection deodorant in rebalance
Lancome Eyebrow Pencil in Taupe - this has always been a bit hard to work with for me
Sephora Foot File - not sure which one exactly this is, but it never worked very well and it's just too frustrating to use. giving up after about a year
Lush Whoosh Shower Jelly - I must not be using this right, this stuff is a mess and a half!