I love seeing other peoples empties! So I decided to make a board where people could post pictures of their empties, or just tell us about them! I'd also be interested in knowing whether you're repurchasing anything or not.
Empties! (I have no idea why the picture is upside down). Nothing this month that wowed me that I loved, but plenty of things I liked.
- The Body Shop Mojito body butter
- Karuna Exfoliating face mask (I'm not convinced I got any exfoliating, but theres TONS of serum in the packet- can be saved and used for several weeks. I'll be doing that next time. This time I just threw the packet away).
- Caudalie Vinosource night cream
- Omorvicza cleansing foam - nice, but not nice enough to justify the price tag.
- Living Proof prime style extender
- Pacifica Indian Coconut Nectar soap - I'm a sucker for beautiful packaging. Also, smells like coconut cake.
- Strivectin eye concentrate for wrinkles- honestly, I think I'm just not much of an eye cream person. I have yet to find one that I enjoy using. This didn't sting my eyes, which is a big plus. I just have no idea if this worked.
- Albertini Warm Love pumpkin exfoliating mask- smelled amazing, but felt like spackling cake batter on my face. Couldn't handle the texture.
- Bliss 24-Heaven healing body balm- good moisturization but smells disgusting.
Also: assorted fragrance sample cards.
Tossing: Maybelline 14 hour lipstick in Fuschia Forever. I really liked this lipstick (it lasted and felt decent on my lips) but it dried out before I could finish.
Omorovicza offered to send me some free samples, and I almost ordered that foam. I did get all cleansing samples though, but I still really want to try that one.
I am laughing at your Bliss review, because I used it in December (will post once I finish the month). I love how it moisturizes, but even wrote in my notes that it smells like Play-Doh.
It's always interesting to see how opinions differ! I hated the Body Shop Mojito Body Butter (threw it away half used, which is unusual for me) and liked the Bliss 24-Heaven (I don't remember having it much of a scent).
I was just thinking the same thing, I can't remember the scent of the Bliss 24-Heaven at all, only that it seemed really hydrating and my skin loved it.
But these boards have definitely reinforced for my how personal scent is as there seem to frequently be things others love that I do not and vice versa.
I'm not worried about receiving anything from the Body Shop for Christmas, but there is a very good chance I will receive a pile of stuff from Bath and Body Works, as I did last year. Pretty sure my aunt thinks I'm still 15. She gave me a giant bucket full in 2014. It included a body wash that smelled like green apple candy. I was appreciative and tried to use as much as I could stand, but once you've used the good stuff B&BW just isn't impressive.
I can't use the B&BW stuff. The hand soaps are fine, but everything else I find to be too heavily perfumed and it seems to strip my skin of moisture or do nothing instead of giving me as much as I really need.
I've wondered how much actual skincare benefit there is to the B&BW products, especially the body wash. They seem to be just a step or two above dish soap. Not a fan of their bottled lotions either, which seem to impart next to no moisture. At least the creams in the tubes seem to have some heft to them.
I have that Karuna mask but I'm nervous to try it because it says it's not for sensitive skin. Did you find it harsh? I've tried other methods of chemical exfoliation without issue.
Great empties. What is the pink tube between the two face washes? I'm also glad you like those Kirkland wise because those were a no go for me. They seemed to sting my skin more than other brands.
I love it and have been using it for awhile now. I've had a few deluxe samples and 2 full size bottles. I use it with the Clarisonic on days I do not use a scrub