Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Insiders
|

Empties

I love seeing other peoples empties! So I decided to make a board where people could post pictures of their empties, or just tell us about them! I'd also be interested in knowing whether you're repurchasing anything or not.

Re: Empties

I just got to the end of these eye patches, but I’ve actually been wanting to talk about these for so long! They are amazing - they really do lighten my under eye circles. I find that they work best when I wear them back to back 2 days before a special event. (See spoiler for pics + details)

E8185E4C-1B6E-458F-822A-908615DF67F7.jpeg

423835FF-8357-494D-BC90-99B6A8A2673D.jpeg

Spoiler
The first night I wear these, my under eye circles will lighten significantly. Then, wearing them the second night will take away the dark areas that are left (like the stubborn inner eye corners). The third night effects are usually about the same as the second night so I just stick to wearing them for 2 days at a time.

3563B5B7-0DF3-4838-9272-ACBC13F90DE8.jpeg

After first dayAfter first day

Excuse my makeupless face, but you can kind of see the shape of the patch where the undereye is lightened. I’ve attached a pic of how the patch is placed for reference.

FEBRUARY EMPTIES: I made a beauty resolution for 2018 to get through a chunk of my sheet mask stash. I'm not as ambitious as @heartsmyface - I'm only aiming to do 2x/week but so far, so good.  I enjoy sheet masking but I often forget to do it so they end up piling up under my sink.  That said, my skin has been looking more radiant since I started working on this challenge 🙂 

YEAHYEAHYEAHYEAHYEAH'S:

IMG_6016.jpg

Spoiler
Farmacy Brightening (x3) and Firming Sheet Masks - Farmacy makes some of my favourite sheet masks because they work really well and are hydrogel so they stick to your face. The Brightening mask is a perennial fave but the Firming is quite nice, too.

Karuna Luxe Skin Restoring Face Mask
- I really liked how plumped and hydrated this mask left my skin but I'm not sure where Karuna is available in Canada anymore so I probably won't repurchase.

Dr Jart+ Vital Hydra Solution - excellent hangover remedy mask.

Primary Raw DoYou Milk Peel - I love this peel (both for novelty and results) but I wish it was available in Canada. I have a stash of these from the last time I was in the US but I use sparingly to stretch them out.

When Makeup Base Mask - I've used this before but I forgot how great it is for special event makeup. Everything glided on like a dream afterwards and looked luminous and bright.

Look Beauty Pedi Feetreat - I use these a couple of times a year to keep my feet in good shape. They take about a week to peel (like most foot peels) but they are extremely thorough.

Consonant Hydrextreme - seemed like an expensive hydrating serum at the time but with daily use it ended up lasting me 15 months, which is more than I can say for any other hydrating serum I've tried. I would absolutely repurchase.

REN Ready Steady Glow - discovered via promo, this might just be my new favourite acid. My skin looked noticeably brighter with use and it's kept my recurring acne at bay. 

Odacite Jo+L - a regular repurchase.

NUDE Purifying Toner - found a half empty bottle in my vanity while reorganizing so I decided to finish it. I really miss NUDE Skincare 😞 because I love this toner and some other products of theirs.

???????'S:

IMG_6018.jpg

Spoiler
Shiseido Facial Cotton - it's fine, I just don't really care that much about cotton pads. When I finish my stash, I won't repurchase.

Fresh Batch Pomegranate Bath Bomb
- fell apart completely as soon as it hit the water, thus offering very little fizzing action. Smelled nice, though.

Demeter Cologne Sprays in Lilac, Fig Leaf - I like both of these as they are good examples of what Demeter does well - one note scents that are true to life.

H Is For Love Propolis Mask - managed to get 2 uses out of this sample and my first use it stung but the second use was fine. I wasn't in love with the results either way, so I probably wouldn't purchase.

Caudalie Micellar Water - this is just OK; truthfully I've used it more to clean up my arms when swatching than on my face.

Skin Laundry Hydrating Facial Mask - this is fine, nothing earth shattering. It doesn't fit my face as well as I'd like it to.

Cake Beauty Desserted Island - this was much too big of a size for this scent (for me) so it took forever to finish. Works alright as a bubble bath. 

Farmacy New Day Exfoliating Grains - these are fine as well and I've purchased in the past but I have other gentle exfoliators I prefer more.

NONONONONO'S: 

IMG_6019.jpg

Spoiler
MV Organic Skincare Gentle Cream Cleanser - did not enjoy the texture of this at all; it felt like I was cleansing with a heavy moisturizer.

Demeter Cologne Sprays in Chocolate Mint, Chocolate Covered Cherries - found these when I was reorganizing my perfume vanity and they are SUPER old. I tried the last of what's in them and both were total scrubbers and waaaay too saccharine. 

2-3x a week is still pretty darn good as far as me-time sessions go!  

What I do as a reminder is put a sheet mask out by my skincare as i’m doing one.  I’d completely flake on myself if I didnt have a visual reminder.  @Mochapj

That's a good idea @heartsmyface thanks!

Right now I try to set them out in the morning next to my cleanser so at night I can't miss it, but sometimes I'm still too lazy to use the mask by the end of the day, LOL

😂 too lazy to laze around in a mask... yeah i’ve been there.  I have the emergency bedside skincare consisting of makeup remover wipes, lip balm, and a sleeping mask just in case I have one of those nighttime sit downs on the bed and don’t wanna get up.  @Mochapj

LOL @heartsmyface - mostly it's that once I've washed my face I want to go to bed. With a sheet mask I have to get back up to take it off afterwards and finish the rest of my routine so that in itself becomes a deterrent.

@Mochapj ha my nighttime ritual is not what it used to be with baby hearts’ demands on my time.  I’m happy just to be able to get half of it done most nights (but those bedside skincare items really are saviours;)   Sheet masks make me feel like I’m doing something good and I can do them in bed if I have to. 

I'm glad you love your Farmacy sheet masks, @Mochapj!  I sheet mask about once a week.  I average once a week, but should do it more often, my skin loves it!

Thanks @curlychiquita ! I know what you mean, it’s hard to find the time to slap them on sometimes, isn’t it?

@Mochapj When I use a sheet mask, Farmacy are my favorites by far.  Actually a lot of your loves list are ones I've had good luck with.  I had a horrible rxn to that Primary Raw set though.  And I was struggling to figure out why because I have certainly used stronger peels.  You've motivated me to try something from my When stash.

Oof, that’s too bad about the reaction @tinobiscuits 🙁

i hope you like the When!

Hi @Mochapj,

Thanks for sharing! I just finished my Shiseido Facial Cottons too! Last month was my first time trying them and I'm now obsessed. They are sooo soft! 🙂

Best Regards,

❤️ Raquel 

Thanks @RaquelBT !

the feel of them is lovely, isn’t it?

@Mochapj I didn’t know Farmacy had sheet masks, since I’ve only bought their lip balms/salves. Thanks for your reviews! I think I will pick up their brightening mask 😊

@Guessgal I hope you like them! The Brightening mask is my HG sheet mask - I stock up on them whenever Farmacy or Sephora has a sale. 

They used to have a ton of extra serum in the pouches, so that you could keep using it for nearly a week afterwards but in the last year and a half they've cut that down a bit (although there's still plenty!)

RE: Empties

Here are my products empties for Jan/Feb! B&BB Sparking Limoncello Fine Fragrance Mist- I really really like this one the smell was AMAZING and will definitely repurchase. B&BB Seaside Breeze Fine Fragrance Mist- I liked it but was a bit strong at times. B&BB Summer Marshmallow shower gel- This is one the best smelling items I’ve ever used, but this dried my skin out sooo much to the point where I stoped using it for a while. Classic Coca Butter deodorant from Secret- it smelled really good, idk if it’s weird to put this on here, but it’s a product and it’s empty! Clearasil 5 in 1 pads- I LOVE THESE! I can’t even say how many times I’ve repurchased this! It’s helped with my pores and pimples. I’ve tried so many products from this brand and love almost every single product. C&C Oil Absorbing Sheets-These are really good and I’m a fan of the price. The liquid cleanser from Beauty Blender- This did a great job cleaning my brushes and sponges but I like the Sephora Collection one better and I think it’s also cheaper. Covergirl gloss ( not sure of the actual name) It made my lips look super glossy but tasted weird. Clinique pep-start Mask- it bubbles when you put it on and it feels really cool! UD All Nighter Setting Spray- I’ve used this before and love it, it last me a full day of school, an hour of working out, and two hours of tennis every day. Already bought the full size. Bite Beauty agave lip mask- I liked the champagne colored on and the red one much better than the clear one- they all smell and taste like vanilla, which is one of my favorite scents! Note sure how much it did to not make my lips so chapped. FAB Ultra Repair Cream- the first couple of uses I liked this and then it made me oily and dried up my T-zone. Finally, the tarteist lip paint in FOMO- I absolutely love this color but it kind of dried my lips out- I don’t wear liquid lips enough to the point where I would get the full size. Sorry for the big paragraph(s) but I wanted to try to give a good review.

Re: RE: Empties

Thanks for the great reviews,  @Caroline0816!  I don't like the FAB Ultra Repair Cream or Tarte lip paints for the same reasons you mention! I gave my FAB cream to my husband, who has excema, and he loved it.

It was another successful month as far as empties go.  Things I am running out to repurchase?  The cocktail velvet petit mask, the tatcha water cream, and the Estée Lauder advanced night repair eye complex.  Everything else fell into  « I like you but I’m ready to see other products » CD21C15D-AD96-4636-86C3-32F4D508B508.jpeg

17DE6731-078A-411C-B99F-757F3B113024.jpeg

933EFD7D-21CD-4DA0-84E2-C93E61E4D5FA.jpeg

@heartsmyface, that's a great set of empties for February!  I spy all of your masks from the Mask Challenge thread.  I need to use up 6 more sheet masks, and then I can actually go out and buy more during the April sale!

@curlychiquita Ha, I slacked on my mask a day mission for February. By slacked I mean I had so little time for myself.  I’ll be better for March.  My February mask maven subscription just arrived today so i’m feeling newly inspired to continue on.  

Six masks should be easy enough.  

RE: Empties

So happy to see the empty bottles.. Means I can to shopping again 😅 My TTTs: Heroine make liquid eye liner Shu Uemura porefinest cleansing oil Kiehls ultra facial cleanser ABH tinted brow gel Avene mineral sunscreen lotion

8,134 Replies
testing