I love seeing other peoples empties! So I decided to make a board where people could post pictures of their empties, or just tell us about them! I'd also be interested in knowing whether you're repurchasing anything or not.
I've only been waiting on these for 2 months. Kidding. Anyway, I am using those purple Ole wipes, too. While I do not like them as much as the orange, I love them. Why do all of his wipes smell so darn good? Maybe, I will take a bite and see if they taste as good as they smell. Love that Agave, too.
Oh, no, I love the Real Chemistry peels. My skin never looks flakey after using it. Where did it go wrong with you?
I love all the Ole wipes. I think the grease relief ones are my favorite scent wise. For me the real chemistry peel just didn't do anything. Wasn't strong enough I guess? The PTR peeling gel worked great.
- Bath & Body Works Deep Cleansing Hand Soap in Warm Vanilla Sugar. I use this in the kitchen.
- Ole Henriksen Grease Relief Cleansing Cloths. My Holy Grail face wipes.
- Tarte Amazonian Clay Long-Wear Blush in Glisten. My everyday spring/summer blush.
- Lorac Lip Lustre Gloss in Rose Lustre. Love Lorac's glosses in general.
- Bath & Body Works Night Time Tea Body Wash and Foam Bath. I used it as a foam bath. The bubbles last forever and good scent.
- Bath & Body Works Shower Gel in Tahiti Island Dream
- Clean & Clear Makeup Dissolving Facial Cleansing Wipes
- Clinique Redness Solutions Instant Relief Mineral Powder. This is a sample I've had for years so I don't even know if you can buy it now.
- Tarte Amazonian Clay Long-Wear Blush in Adored.
- Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua foundation in Beige. Great coverage and lasted all day without seeping into my pores or fine lines. I'd put it under Love but I don't wear liquid foundation often enough to pay $47 for a bottle.
- Anastasia Tinted Brow Gel in Espresso. Like the formula but the brush is too big for my liking.
- Urban Decay Perversion mascara.
- Glamglow Thirstymud Hydrating Treatment.
- Too Faced Candlelight Glow Highlighting Powder Duo.
- Origins Checks and Balances Frothy Face Wash. There seemed to be some kind of film left behind that would not rinse off.
- Hourglass Liquid Powder Foundation in Nude. I looked like I was wearing a mask. It looked so thick on my face no matter how much I blended.
- Bobbi Brown BB Cream in Medium. For a BB cream, this was awfully thick.
- Make Up For Ever High Definition Pressed Powder. My face looked like an oil slick again after only an hour after putting this on.
- Hourglass Veil Mineral Primer. I'm sure I'm the only person on Earth who hates this, but it felt greasy and took forever to set.
- Benefit Bad Gal Lash mascara. The brush is too big and made my lashes look meh.
Re: Empties[ Edited ]
The blushes, both of which I've had for a few years, ended up crumbling when I dropped the Z-pallet I had them in and I've always been unsuccessful at "repairing" pressed powder items. The highlighter got too old even though 1/3 of the pink side is still in there. However, pink highlight doesn't look good on me. So I may be cheating a bit when it comes to putting them in my empties pile. I also actually just gave up on the Bad Gal Lash mascara.
There's a place nearby that has a little basket of products in the lady's room. I may have been guilty for tossing hand creams and perfume vials that I don't like in there
What scent is the Burt Bee's one? I'll make sure to avoid that one
Can't believe it's already September!
-Devacurl Styling Cream (leaves my wavy hair soft and really enhances the waves, love it)
-Revlon Colorstay Foundation (my only full-sized empty. It's the only drugstore product I still repurchase).
I thought the OH African Red Tea Cleanser did a good job cleansing but I didn't like the liquid to foam consistency. I still have a couple samples left to decide what I think.
-Too Faced Better Than Sex was good, but not a favorite. Seemed to get clumpy quickly after opening the tube and had to wipe off the wand with a tissue before applying
-John Frieda BeachBlonde Sea Wave Spray- It did fine, but not better than the Marc Anthony beach spray that is half the price at Walmart. I don't think this is the same product as their original which was discontinued years ago (and was my HG hair product in the late 90s)
-Redken Frizz Dismiss Shampoo/Conditioner- liked it, but would want to try another sample before being sure
Not for me:
Trish McEvoy beauty booster serum- had a water-like consistency. Maybe just the sample? Would never use this again
Amazing Cosmetics Line Smoother/Primer- did not help with longevity, too many better primers out there
Bobbi Brown Hydrating Eye Cream- not special, just OK
Target Up and Up Makeup Remover wipes- didn't get the makeup off. Worst wipes I have ever used. The Walmart version is better.
Matrix Biolage Colorlast Shampoo/Conditioner- I was a huge Matrix fan in the late 90s early 2000s and was excited when I got this sample from Ulta. It just did not leave my hair feeling clean.
B&B Surf Shampoo/Conditioner- too small a sample to know for sure, but I wasn't wowed
Origins A Perfect World SPF 25- I am a big Origins fan (fragrances don't bother my skin!) but I could not apply make up on over this moisturizer. The makeup would make the moisturizer ball up and flake. It was awful. I didn't mind wearing it on no-make-up days but this just wasn't worth it to me.
Yep, I used it this past month. I did feel like it was a little stripping. Like my face had that squeaky clean feeling that is satisfying but probably not great for my skin..
I've wanted to try that forever (I do not have any on hand), but I may wait until next summer if I get my hands on any. Hate when cleansers strip my face. It's dry enough.
Re: Empties[ Edited ]
I feel like I had a decent amount of empties this month, for once!
I also have a special shout out to meganlisa, who sent me a super nice goodie bag of samples of Korean skincare.
Things I liked:
- Tata Harper Resurfacing Mask (already purchased a FS)
- Dr Jart Pore Purifying Mask (repurchased)
- Radical Pads (nice, have a few more packs left so I will re-sample at some point soon)
- Shiseido Benefiance (always repurchase; used a few more than this last month, but I threw them away)
- Clinique Take The Day Off Balm (wanted to try a different cleanser, so have not yet repurchased. This stuff lasted forever, though)
- Etude House Collagen Moistfull eye cream
- Too Cool For School Dinoplatz Pearl Bay luminizer
- Body Shop coconut butter
- Etude House Sleeping Pack
- Dr Jart Waterfull Hydrogel Mask (I have a few more of these from that Skincare custom bag, and I will use them up, but I was not wowed)
Good but unsure if I'd retry:
- Etude House Avocado Sheet mask (for dry skin, so not for me)
- Skin Food Egg White Pore Foam (such an odd consistency)
- Random Clinique Toner Foil (used a few of these last month in my attempt to kill the acnes)
- Good Cera day cream
I love that Body Shop Coconut butter. The smell is wonderful! I hate eating coconuts, except Girl Scout Caramel Delights, but I love the way coconuts smell. Feel the same way about coffee beans. I cannot stand consuming them, but I love smelling them.
Isn't it a great feeling to see how many empties you have? I feel so accomplished when I actually finish things!
Tata Harper Resurfacing Mask really? I love the brand but haven't tried that mask. Will have to check it out.
I totally feel you about the Clinique balm. I have used up a whole jar before and just opened a new one the other day. These last so long even if you use it daily (which I don't since I have wayy too many backups of Shu Uemura cleansing oil)