Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Insiders
|

Empties

I love seeing other peoples empties! So I decided to make a board where people could post pictures of their empties, or just tell us about them! I'd also be interested in knowing whether you're repurchasing anything or not.

Re: Empties

@SamtianYeah, bee venom, dragon blood. Be honest dear manufacturer and just write: chemical and oil production leftovers 🙂

Ha ha, your thoughts on Eve Lom and Rodial made me laugh, @Sansara. The Eve Lom definitely has a ‘unique’ scent. A very medicinal EO blend... it’s taking me some getting used to 😉

Empties

October empties! Loves from left (Briogeo, etc) to Just okay on the right. Other photo NOs and declutters.

October empties! I have never been so happy to see my trash 😂 It was a good month skincare/haircaire wise. 

LovesLoves

Spoiler
 Murad Rapid Resurfacing Peel : This blown me away. It changed my skin overnight. for real!!
Purity 3-in-1 cleanser : Super gentle, perfect for sensitive skin
Sol de Janeiro Brazilian 4play Shower Gel : Most luxurious shower gel i ever used. Love the smell and the texture. Smell last but not too powerful, doesn't dry out my skin.
Bioré Deep Cleansing Charcoal Pore Strips : Really nice to tighten the pores instantly and removes superficial impurities
Caudalie Eye Lifting Balm : Didn't give me melia, it's moisturizing and absorbs quickly
Moroccanoil Hydrating styling cream : Smells really good and hydrates nicely. I apply it on my ends in very small quantity.
Kevyn Aucoin The Celestial Skin Liquid Lighting in Candlelight : Gorgeous glow from within, nice color, not too blinding and looks good when used as a primer under foundation.

Likes & just okayLikes & just okay

Spoiler
Simple Cleansing Facial Wipes : I like them and the ingredients list is nice. I would buy again this does a great job.
Tata Harper Regenerating Cleanser : I like this. It's nice if you want to combine cleanser+exfoliator. I think it's better for dry skin though.
Kate Sommerville ExfoliKate : Nice for my sensitive skin, i let it activate for 30-45 seconds maximum and i'm good to go.
Boscia Charcoal Pore Pudding : I like this, but i think it's better when used with other pore cleansing product or if you use it multiple times a week
Ole Henriksen Counter Balance Oil Control Moisturizer : Was okay, but not for a long period of time, didn't control my oils much.
Murad Eye Lift Firming Treatment : Quick treatment, helps brighten the undereye, don't know if it really lifts but it does tingle.
Glamglow Supermud Clearing Treatment : Love this, but after any glamglow mask my skin is always super red...I guess this is too strong for sensitive skin or i am reacting to a particular ingredient
Origins Checks and Balances Frothy Wash : A little too frothy for my likings, but it does deep cleanses and you don't need a lot of product
Joico Kpak Color Therapy Conditioner : One of the best conditioner for damaged hair, my favorite when i bleach my hair.
Vaseline Spray & Go Moisturizer : Despite the weird cocoa sent i love this moisturizer, it absorbs super quick when you're in a rush.

Meh & not for meMeh & not for me

Spoiler
Glow Recipe Watermelon Glow Jelly Sheet Mask : The jelly mask fell apart when i try to fit it to my face. The serum didn't want to absorb. I would recommend the sleeping mask instead of the sheet mask.
DDG alpha beta extra strength daily peel : Didn't help my skin much.
Clinique Pep Start 2-in-1 exfoliating cleanser : Meh..
Caudalie Vinoperfect Cell Renewal Night Cream : This is a good cream, but was too thick for me. I feel like this is meant for mature skin.
Clinique Moisture Spurge Face Spray : Leaves a residue on the skin like it doesn't want to sink in.
Pantene Dry Shampoo : Nothing against this particular dry shampoo. I don't know what it is about my hair, but dry shampoo just doesn't work...

That GlamGlow tends to cause red skin, @ellem24. I tried it a couple of times and most recently while it didn’t turn it red, it was far too drying for my skin. 💗 that Bum Bum shower gel!!!

RE: Empties

Loves Likes Meh

20181031_195019.jpg

Meh.  I wasn't really into any of these, ESPECIALLY the stupid Revlon brow product.  Please don't buy it--it isn't worth your money.  

20181031_195143.jpg

And.these were all of the good things!  The Bath & Body Works soap is a Fall must-have for me, the YTTP gel moisturizer does magical things for my skin (this is one of those "the mini made me buy it" items), I couldn't believe that I actually finished a Marc Jacobs Highliner, the Good Genes speaks for itself (!), and if you've never tried the Dove body scrub (specifically in the pomegranate scent) then you're doing yourself a huge disservice because it's fantastic.  I've already purchased two backups.  And I have one in my shower.  

I love that Dove scent body wash. I haven’t seen the scrub before, but I’m definitely going to be looking for it!

I let my empties build up way more than normal this time around; I've been trying to post small batches so they were fresher in my mind, but I think this is roughly a month's worth now. Notes in the spoilers 🙂Staples and lovesStaples and loves

Spoiler
BBW Vanilla Verbena body wash: BBW shower gel is a staple for me, and the scent on this one is lovely

BBW Vanilla Bean candle: love a good vanilla, and this is one

BBW Jasmine Vanilla Pillow Mist: my all-time fave BBW scent, that has sadly been discontinued. I am now rationing what little I have left 😛

Clinique TTDO liquid: my fave eye makeup remover

Tinkle eyebrow razor: staple for dermaplaning

Burt's Bees Pomegranate lip balm: staple

Omorovicza Ultramoor Mud Mask: would purchase this in a heartbeat if it wasn't so expensive. I love a good clay, and this one is nice. Smells a bit medicinal, but I like it.

Julep Night Shift sleeping mask: Love! Nice thick moisture without being too heavy for my clog-prone, oily skin. Excellent for nights after Babyfacial or dermaplaning.

Smashbox Primerizer: an excellent extra layer of moisture, especially now that the humidity is dropping. 

BBW Shea It Isn't So foot cream: I haven't bought any in years, but it was a staple for me for the longest time, and I keep finding more tubes hidden everywhere lol. This is nice and thick, and does a good job at helping my feet stay softer all day, better than the Burt's Bees that I fell in love with and swapped to at some point. I'm glad I keep finding more of them (I just discovered 2 more in my nightstand a couple of weeks ago 😮 )

Likes/FineLikes/Fine

Spoiler
CHI Dry Shampoo: I don't like the scent on this one much; it's quite strong, and while not entirely unpleasant to my nose, it's a bit overwhelming. I was leaning towards not liking this because of the scent, but the more I paid attention, I really liked how it made my hair look. I didn't have to use much, white residue was minimal (and faded completely overnight), it didn't make my roots look dull like some do, and it provided just a bit of volume with zero texture/product feel (I can't stand that crunchy or stiff or sticky feel of some...this was truly weightless). Will have to consider getting more at some point, though I have plenty of others in my cabinet for now.

SJP Stash Luxe Body Cream: Stash is my favorite scent and a true love. Not sure I'd call this a "luxe body cream" though...it's more of a lightweight lotion. I like it for layering the scent, but wouldn't go out of my way to get more (it only came in a gift set and isn't available for purchase separately anyways).

Wella FusionPlex shampoo & conditioner: I think this is their version of OlaPlex and I really really like it. After just the shampoo, my hair feels like it has already been conditioned...so so soft. My hair looked great after each use. It did not quite provide the level of detangling that I'm looking for though, and I still have tons of shampoo/conditioners to get through, but this is on the short list of "best I've tried lately" if I don't find anything else I like more.

Murad Pore Extractor Pomegranate Mask: I really like this one. It's a clay that doesn't really dry down much, and removal is super easy. It also has small scrubbies in it, but they are super gentle, almost round instead of scratchy. I have way too many masks to get through, but would consider rebuying this at some point if I ever managed to get through my stash.

Algenist Power Advanced Wrinkle Fighter 360 Eye Serum: I liked this, though the sample wasn't big enough to use long enough to see much wrinkle-fighting. Wouldn't buy, mostly due to price, but would be open to trying again.

Briogeo Be Gentle Be Kind conditioner: a nice rich conditioner that wasn't too heavy for my fine hair. Would use again, but won't buy.

Julep Love Your Bare Face Cleansing Oil: Liked this fine; it did its job admirably. I have other oil cleansers/balms I'm working through now, but would absolutely use this again.

L'Oreal Pure-Clay Mask, Detox: I think L'Oreal did a great job with this line; I've tried three of them and like them all. They are scented, which I could do without, but all in all, it's a good mask at a very reasonable price. Probably won't buy (due to the massive stash of masks I seem to collect), but would absolutely use again.

NahNah

Spoiler
Garnier Moisture Bomb Glow-Boosting mask: I'm not a sheet mask fan, and this one didn't impress me. The backing on these make them harder to work with, IMHO, than ones that don't have one. Fit wasn't great, and nothing about it made me want more. Thankfully it didn't have alcohol like some of their others.

Exuviance Age Reverse HydraFirm: the scent is mildly unpleasant...it reminds me of algae washed up on the beach after a storm and left in the sun for a day or two. Kinda stinky. Thankfully it wasn't all that strong, but I had a hard time moving past it. And to top it off, my skin started breaking out near the end of the sample. 

Jo Malone Mimosa & Cardamom: I loved the scent of this in the bottle, but it took an unpleasant soapy scent on my skin. Used it up as a pillow mist, but sadly, I can't wear it.  

Oooh I didn’t know Julep has a sleeping mask, @RGbrown! Excited to go check it out and that it has your endorsement 😉

@eshoe

Yes, it's really good; I hope you like it!

October empties

Armani Luminous Silk foundation sample - finally a foundation I can get on board with, so dewy and skinlike

DDG Ferulic Acid Retinol peel pads x3 - one of my fave peel products, my skin always looks so much better the day after I use it with tighter pores and brighter skin

Dr Jart Peeling Solution sheet mask - a novel sheet mask concept, the carbonic acid reacts with the sugar scrub to create a sort of Pop Rock effect on the skin. Makes my face feel really, really soft

7 in 1 Brightening Essence sheet mask - I don't know how I got this or who makes it, but it was really great at brightening ETA: looks like the brand is My Scheming

Odacite Bl+C, Jo+L travel vials - the two vials I always travel with, they keep my oily skin in check and help minimize any travel related breakouts

Vintners Daughter travel vial - the other oil I always travel with, it makes you glow even when you're sick/jetlagged/tired/etc

Bliss Soapy Suds - an old fave that I find at Marshall's occasionally and scoop up whenever I do. The vanilla bergamot scent smells like Earl Grey tea and is a soothing, refreshing wake up in the shower

Primary Raw DoYou peel - one of my other favourite peels, I only wish it was available in Canada because it works really well but feels so gentle

Dermadoctor KP Duty - ok but too greasy for me

Erborian Double Mousse - I remember trying this before and I thought I liked it. I bought it again and I actually don't like it very much, the foam is a little too stripping for my skin

Graydon Hair Smoothie - received in a GWP but wouldn't purchase, it makes my hair too heavy and greasy feeling

Shiseido Facial Cotton - it's cotton 

Trimming Razors - for trimming the back of my hairline in between cuts

Secret Nature Blueberry sheet mask - this smelled so strongly of fruit cocktail that it was off putting

Secret Nature Kiwi sheet mask - this was ok but the SN masks are incredibly drippy and don't stay put

Sephora Collection Eye Makeup remover - fine but not memorable

Sunday Riley Good Genes - good for travel 

L Ascorbic Acid sheet mask - smelled kind of like sulphur and baking soda; unpleasant

Sephora Collection Rose sheet mask x3 - mildly hydrating but wouldn't buy again

Sephora Collection Lotus sheet mask x3 - the lotus masks stink and feel much slimier than the others; I also found this one would give me whitehead

Sonia Dakar Eye Wash - so greasy and won't rinse away, I need another cleanser to remove this cleanser

Stellar foundation sample - too thick and cakey for me

Sephora Collection Purifying Mud mask - dried my face so much that it felt tight

FAB Facial Radiance Peel - I already knew I hated this stuff from the jar I threw out last month but I thought I'd try the sample to peel the heels of my feet

🖐 high five for armani love it! @Mochapj

🖐 high five for armani love it! @Mochapj

Re: RE: Empties

Nice empties. That Sephora mud mask broke me out and did nothing for me. 😔

Great reviews @Mochapj. I’m pretty interested in that Dr. Jart+ and of course the 7-in-1 that is unknown; also I laughed more than once😉

Thanks @eshoe ! I need to google that mask to try and figure out who makes it. 

If you find out, please tag me, @Mochapj!

@eshoe Seems to be a brand called My Scheming; I think I got the 2 varieties from someone in a trade.

Thank you, @Mochapj, I’m going to do a little research and see what I can find! Edit to add: Yes Style carries them.

These are empties for 2-3 months,I had a really busy period at work and lost track of when I last posted.

LovesIMG_7708[1].JPG

LikesIMG_7711[1].JPG

DislikeIMG_7713[1].JPG

Hi! First time Emptier here. I’m showing off my October Empties. The only one of these I will repurchase is the ABH Brow Wiz (and I will repurchase it again and again and again). The only one that is a vehement Nope is the Mac Extreme 3D Mascara. It was wet, clumpy, super messy to apply. Even if I blotted the applicator, it still looked messy and clumpy on the lashes. Never again, MAC. FYI I really do like the Almay Oil Free eye makeup remover pads. Good value, doesn’t sting my sensitive skin or eyes. But, I’m branching out and trying new things currently 😉

8,140 Replies
testing