I love seeing other peoples empties! So I decided to make a board where people could post pictures of their empties, or just tell us about them! I'd also be interested in knowing whether you're repurchasing anything or not.
I'll have to start moving things to make room under there. lol I have a lot of stuff I'm not sure quite what to do with and where/how to store. I'll be moving in a couple of months anyway so I'm sure a lot of stuff will end up getting tossed so my packing ends up being lighter.
I feel like makeup is so difficult to use up. Especially if your constantly trying out new things. For me body care is the stuff I use up the most, then skincare followed by haircare. The only makeup items I actually use up are concealers and foundations but that's usually 3-4 products a year. If I actually use up a powder products such as eyeshadow or blush I would flip out. I'm not even close to pan on any of my blushes. Haha.
Re: Empties[ Edited ]
Dial Spring Water Antibacterial Soap- I only use this on my hands in the shower, so it takes a really long time to finish a bottle. I like the scent and feel better about cleaning my hands with this than regular soap.
Curel Daily Moisture- I like the price and it does a good job.
Original Sprout Miracle Detangler- I bought this when my older son first started getting longer hair. It has no scent and works well at detangling. I am going to take a break while I try other products but will likely come back to this. My only complaint is other detanglers seem to do more for the look of my hair.
Clinique Sunscreen SPF50- I burn with almost everything. This seems to prevent me from burning. It is a little thick, so it takes longer to spread in. I think the thickness helps it sink in and stay on better. It also does not have the typical terrible sunblock smell and applies more matte than most. If I buy it during a GWP event, it is a great value too.
Lancome Savon Fraichelle- I am in love with this smell (same as the exfoliant). It lathers nicely and rinses clean.
Fekkai Hair Mask- One of the few masks where I actually feel my hair looks and feels better immediately after use.
Suave Clinical Strength Invisible Solid Deodorant- Before I found the invisible solid, I struggled with white lines. This helps. My only complaint is this wastes a lot of product at the end because of the design. It also does not last very long compared to the non invisible solid in the same brand.
Will try again
Bed Head Recovery Shampoo- My husband uses this too, which is why the shampoo finished before the conditioner. He does not use conditioner for some reason. It smells nice and works all right. I've tried better and worse. I would only use it again if he bought another one though.
Ahava Mineral Hand Cream- It feels nice, but I am not fond of the smell. I could overlook the smell for the feel in kit or sample form, but I would not buy this again.
Murad Intensive C Mask- It tingles like crazy, so I want to convince myself it is doing something. I am not rely sure it is though, because I have yet to notice a difference. I would try it again before writing it off completely though.
Ahava Mineral Body Exfoliator- Works decently well. I prefer the Lancome one.
Wen Sweet Mint Replenishing Spray- I never noticed a difference in my hair whether I used this or not. I'd try it again, but I would not buy it.
Weather Ready Hand Cream- My husband bought this and swears it is amazing. When I used it, I found it too greasy. He says it is because I use too much. If he buys it again, I will try using less to see if it works without feeling greasy.
Clinique Repairwear Moisturizer- It moisturized all right, so I would try this again. I did not see any improvements in my skin though.
Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Moisturizer- Like all Juice Beauty products, the smell is not the best. It does moisturize decently well for a lightweight cream.
Not for me
Up and Up Cotton Rounds- I usually buy these for the price, because I never got why people invested in quality cotton. This particular batch was so poorly made that they were falling apart from the start. Upon using, they would actually start to break apart. I bought a bunch, so I will probably use up my supply. I doubt I would buy these again though.
Eve Lom Face Primer- It felt moisturizing, but I am not certain it actually primed my face well.
I love Lancome Savon Fraichelle body wash & scrub. I haven't purchased it in ages but once I use up all the body products I hoarded I'm definitely buying it. The scent is so addicting. I feel like it opens up my sinuses.
I love the Fekkai mask. It saved my hair this summer during holidays!
I went away for 2 weeks and that's a lot of salt and washing but my highlights survived thanks to this and the shampoo and conditioner.
Where is the Fekkai mask in the picture? I must be missing it. I do like their glossing cream so I'd be interested in trying the mask, but I wanted to see what it looked like before searching for it at ulta.
Yes. It is blue with a white lid. It came in a Sample Society box, so I am uncertain the full size version looks exactly the same. I already threw it away and cannot zoom in on the picture, so I cannot give you the exact name. Maybe, my lovely friend who pointed out the product in the picture can type the exact name, because she still has hers. I loved it, so I would definitely suggest giving it a try. The Brilliant Glossing Cream is amazing. I am trying to use up some oils before I open my next tube.
Re: Empties[ Edited ]
My September Empties:
- Redken Extreme Conditioner - makes my hair super silky. I've been working on this bottle for over 8 mo, and my hair hits low-mid back, so I love this size. Already have backups!
- Redken Align 12 Straightening lotion - I did like this product, but not as much as my Paul Mitchell Quick Slip. I wasn't crazy about the scent, but it did give my fine hair more substance vs Quick Slip. Quick Slip leaves my hair more silky. My 2nd day hair was a bit more greasy with Align 12 than usual but still doable.
- Onyx Professional Moisturizing Nail polish remover - very effective
- Covergirl Lash Blast Mascara - use this as my casual day mascara or layer BTS or Perversion mascara on top for going out.
- Neutrogena makeup wipes - I think these have been in every empties picture so far...
- BBW Honolulu Sun and Perfect Beach Day
- UD 24/7 Liners in Perversion, West, and Demolition
- Studio 35 Beauty cotton rounds - eh, just ok. Not as soft as I was hoping. Better for nail polish removal vs applying toner.
- Macadamia Natural Oil Deep Repair Masque - I liked the scent, package was $4, and I got 4 weeks at 1x/wk use, so I think thats pretty good. Wouldn't say its the best hair mask out there, but definitely better than some others I've tried like Paul Mitchell Hair Rescue Treatment
- Bliss 24-'heaven' body butter - smell was slightly medicinal, and left my legs uber moisturized, almost greasy. If I crossed my legs in shorts/skirt, they would slide. Maybe better in the winter when my skin is dry.
- Clinique Superprimer - ok, I prefer HG Mineral Primer
- Dermadoctor KP duty - moisturizing, but can't tell if it reduced my KP after one use :/
- Ulta Enriched Nail polish remover - ok, not as good as Onyx
- Clinique Step 3 Clarifying Lotion - works ok, doesn't make me too dry if I use once a day. I think it's helped improve my skin. May try Murad's toner next to compare.
- Essie Good to Go top coat - Dries quickly so I can go about my day but chips within 2-3 days. And got kinda gunky, but I did have it for close to a year.
- BBW Oahu Coconut Sunset body wash - Like these body washes, coconut isn't my fav scent but I did enjoy it during the summer.
- Amazing Cosmetics concealer in Med Beige - I had this on my loves on another Empties post this summer but I decided I didn't like the texture so much. It covered acne/scars pretty well, but it is pretty thick and hard to make it look natural. May try Cover FX next.
- Dior Pore Minimizer - I don't like the silicone feel of this primer, similar to Smashbox's.
- Revealed 2 Mini Palette - colors didn't blend well, and were pink/maroon, which I know are in now, but doesn't look good with my skin tone.
- Bare Minerals Lash Domination - not a fan
- TF Shadow Insurance - was looking forward to trying this and got it in a TSB but the foil was opened and dried out Guess I should've checked.
- Tarte Amazonian clay blush in dollface - ehh, wouldn't show up on my skin tone when applied lightly and then started to look clown-like when I tried to build it up.
- Dr. Jart+ Pore Minimalist mask - kept sliding off my face. Literally had to sit there for 15-20 min holding it on or looking straight ahead. Face wasn't dramatically different afterward, but may need to be repeated over time before seeing results. Pass due to difficulty with application.
- Freeman Facial Polishing Mask Charcoal and Black Sugar - I liked the idea of this mask, but my face would break out a bit after use. Maybe the mask was pulling the impurities to the surface, but I didn't see enough improvement to justify breakouts. Also, after a month or so of use, the lid wouldn't snap closed so it got waterlogged in my shower and was slimy and prob growing something so I chucked the remainder.