Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Insiders
|

Empties

I love seeing other peoples empties! So I decided to make a board where people could post pictures of their empties, or just tell us about them! I'd also be interested in knowing whether you're repurchasing anything or not.

Re: Empties

@GG84 Yup! I'm only halfway through it, a little goes such a long way. My hair was frizzy and breaking because of hard water and the whole Olaplex line changed it.

I just got a sample of this! So glad to hear great reviews!

@missjeanie I hope you love it as much as I do 🙂

December empties E88C76C6-05EE-4142-AF9E-33ECF9BB93E9.jpeg

Spoiler

Tonymoly the black tea serum - I didn’t notice anything using this 

Drunk elephant protini 

Bum bum cream - I’m different from a lot of people as I didn’t care for the scent

FAB radiance pads - I didn’t like how these smelled either

The creme shop clear up skin was my favorite mask this month 

I had that Tony Moly black tea serum as well and didn't find it did anything either... But it did have a really pretty scent!

i'm with you on the bum bum cream @emaisgr8!! you are not alone

@emaisgr8 I agree with you on the Bum Bum cream. Unfortunately, I can’t tolerate the scent without getting a headache. Absolutely love  Crème Shop masks. I was luck enough to buy 2 packs of the “Clear up skin” at TJMaxx

@Mrose251 That is a great find at TJMaxx!

A bit of housecleaning, this was the last of 2018 empties.1A0E7A30-8336-4B38-9B8A-F4D994CB31E3.jpeg

@eshoe Nice! I have literally all those masks I still need to try!! I'm super excited to try the Whole Foods one! I've been hearing such great things about it!

I haven’t had a bad Whole Foods mask yet @Shosh85 😄

Late November empties 82A9801A-3E41-4279-9A50-7C3B7DF025DF.jpeg

Spoiler

South mane eye gels 

Ulta eye makeup remover 

Tonymoly the chok chok green tree watery cream was a nice and lightweight 

The stand out was MAC false lashes extreme mascara. I loved it and will repurchase when needed. 

Of the masks - the life of beauty tea tree and ho ey was wonderful for soothing my skin. I got it at Walmart and haven’t seen it yet. 

The megrhythm steam eye mask was also a new favorite. 

RE: Empties

I feel kinda silly asking this, but do you guys save your empties for something? I always get rid of an empty bottle once I use the product. Is there a way to recycle them or something?

I save my minis of my hg stuff so i can refill them when...

I save my minis of my hg stuff so i can refill them when i travel. ie: tatcha water cream, belif aqua bomb, my shampoo & conditioners, even some perfume minis. I clean them out between uses with alcohol of course. 😉 I recycle the plastic/glass if its able to be recycled (plastic #1 & #2 in my area) I trash the actual trash. @AshleyAlynn.

Re: RE: Empties

I recycle my plastic containers and wash out my glass ones to reuse for travel/misc/saving extra serum from sheet masks for DIY masks, etc. @AshleyAlynn. I toured the recycling center in my city, and asked about beauty/cosmetic containers. Mine accepts them, but not all cities do (mine also prefers the lids attached if you’re going to recycle the lid, otherwise the lids can get stuck and jam the sorting machines). You could ask just to make sure. Shampoo/conditioner/shower gel/mouthwash bottles even...there’s a lot that we don’t usually think about! 

good idea to use the little glass bottles for extra serum...

good idea to use the little glass bottles for extra serum from masks!🤗 @eshoe

I have a Ziplock bag in the cabinet under my sink that I stash empties in until there are enough to take a photo and post.  After that most of it hits the recycle bin and the foils and any random non-recyclable go in the trash.  I'll reuse the Zip-Lock indefinitely.

I do recycle most of my empties. We've got a beauty company in my city that takes most beauty trash and reuses it for it's packaging. It's pretty cool. Before that I actually used to take my empties to the Origins counter! They have a great program that takes any beauty packaging, however, not all counters take the trash. I would call ahead just to check. 

First trash for the new year 😁

YupYup

Spoiler
 Devacurl Leave In Decadence: used with One Condition Delight or with any other conditioner in my stash, this made a world of difference in quashing the frizz, and it's not too heavy for my super fine hair. Considering a purchase, and would absolutely use again.

Rituals Happy Buddha Shower Foam: so amny shower gels I've tried lately have fallen flat on the lather aspect...they either don't lather up as well as I like, or the lather disappears halfway through washing and I have to reload my poufy. Not a problem with this at all, plus the scent is just fabulous. Can't buy now because I have too many other bath items to use up, but it's certainly on the short list when the time rolls around.

Clarins Lip Oil: simply fabulous. I layer it at night over a balmier lip treatment, and like facial oil, it seals that moisture in and keeps my lips soft and smooth. Have more lined up, and can't imagine a time I'll ever be without one of these in my arsenal.

Paula's Choice Anti-Aging Eye Cream: super thick and rich, but didn't clog my skin or cause milia. I have too many samples to use up, but I will consider a purchase of this if I ever get tired of rotating eye creams. Second only to Algenist Ultimate Eye Cream in my book (which costs way more and I'm not sure I can bring myself to shell out for that lol)

Fair to middlin'Fair to middlin'

Spoiler
 Ulta candle: not much throw to this one, but I wasn't expecting much either. It burned well, all the way down with no excess other than a thin layer in the bottom. All in all, it was fine but nothing to go out of my way for again.

Memebox I Dew Care See the Light sheet mask: I remember using another I Dew Care mask and hating it (and now I can't remember why lol), but this one was decent enough to not drive me nuts. Light scent and the fit was ok. Would consider using again.

Victoria's Secret Weightless Body Oil: this came out of a gift set from 3 or 4 years ago, and I have no idea if this is still in production, nor do I really care lol. It was fine. Definitely lightweight, not sticky or oily at all. Kinda would have preferred a bit more heft to it actually, but it was fine.

CosRX Tone Balancing Essence: I'm still relatively new to essences, but I liked this one pretty well. Thicker texture than some, but absorbed well and provided a good base layer of hydration. It has the same main ingredient as SK-II, but it's definitely not a dupe. This was a decent cheaper replacement though.

NahNah

Spoiler
Balance Me Congested Skin Serum: smells incredible, a lovely herbal/woody/borderline medicinal scent that I adore, but it did nothing for me... except perhaps contribute to increased congestion lately. Hmmmm...

Devacurl Wavemaker: I didn't find this to be any better for my curls than my favorite Bumble Don't Blow It, and it left a little crunch/stiffness behind as well. 

Pretty proud to have made a dent in my eyeliner/mascara stash! I’ve finally run out of liquid eyeliners that I had to run out and stock up on more stilas!

#19AFFD28-D37C-4925-B150-CE8EC96D4BD9.jpeg

Congratulations, @pinyo! It's so exciting to finally run...

Congratulations, @pinyo! It's so exciting to finally run out of a category! I managed to do that with conditioners and am now working on hair gels.
8,134 Replies
testing