I love seeing other peoples empties! So I decided to make a board where people could post pictures of their empties, or just tell us about them! I'd also be interested in knowing whether you're repurchasing anything or not.
It's the rose hydrating gel cream. I have the lip serum sample but I haven't tried it. I've had horrible luck with fresh lip balms drying my lips out. Maybe the serum would be different.
Just jumping in here for the Fresh lip serum, it does indeed taste terrible, but smooths like no other. I thought my small sample tasted worse than the full size, or I just got used to it. You should definitely try it! @dalidyli
I'm babysitting and brought a bag full of
garbage empties over to my friend's house so I could photograph them. Please note the children's playmat being used as a backdrop.
* Naisture Aqua Marine Collagen Skin Elasticity three-step mask. So moisturizing! If anyone ever sees these being sold in bundles on Amazon like people do for Tony Moly, let me know.
* Tony Moly Pureness 100 Propolis mask. Also very moisturizing!
* Shiseido Benefiance WrinkleResist 24 eye mask. I'm so glad Shiseido is being sold at Ulta now. These aren't cheap, so if I buy them during a points multiplier, I'll rake in the points.
* It Cosmetics CC cream in Medium. A kind BTer sent this foil along as a sample in a trade. I'm very grateful, because I also have a DS tube of it that I received in a GWP bag that I didn't want to open unless I knew I liked the product. I do like it, and it has SPF 50, which made it great for summer. The Medium was a hint dark on my skin, but since it's summer, I could pretend that I had a bit of a tan going on. Medium is also very yellow, which matched my undertones.
* Glossier Balm Dotcom. My third (?) tube? I wear it every night, and also discovered that it gives the prettiest natural highlight glisten, although it is rather sticky since it's a balm and doesn't dry down.
* Tatcha Luminous Dewy Skin Mist. I got this in a trade and love it. My skin never felt so soft or moisturized. But it's ridiculously expensive.
* Dr. Dennis Gross Alpha Beta Ultra Gentle Daily Peel. If I hadn't just bought a tub of FAB pads, I would have bought these. My skin felt great after trying it.
* Sephora waterproof eye makeup remover. A staple. I buy this in bulk during the holiday sale.
* Lancome Bienfait Multi-Vital Sunscreen Cream. It was nice to have a moisturizer with sunscreen in it for a bit, as I usually use two separate products. The DS jar lasted a long time with generous use, too.
* Algenist Retinol Firming & Lifting Serum. I used to use the FS of this; this is a 100-point perk. It's OK, but I wouldn't repurchase.
* Amore Pacific Natural Protection. Another moisturizer/sunscreen.
* It Cosmetics Bye Bye Undereye Corrector in Medium. Mehhhh. I've used better.
* Kiehl's Creamy Eye Treatment with Avocado. This was raved about by someone on YT. I don't usually fall for YouTubers' recs, but bought it since I got a nice GWP. The eye cream is OK, albeit too thick for daytime. I wouldn't repurchase, but I would use any free ones that came my way in future GWP bags.
* Tony Moly Panda's Dream eye mask. These are mainly a gimmick and only moisturize OK. They're also a pain to put on.
* Drunk Elephant B-Hydra Intensive Hydration Gel. The gel texture was weird, but at least it didn't break me out like it does others.
* Burt's Bees Sensitive face wipes. I'm trying to break the habit of using face wipes. After using other cleansers, I realized how drying these are.
* Jo Malone creams in White Jasmine, Wood Sage, and Fresh Lime. I'm just not a body moisturizer person. An SA made me these samples months ago and I didn't finish any of them before they turned. White Jasmine and Wood Sage (two of my favorite cologne scents) smelled especially nice, though.
* Nude Treatment Oil. It's an oil sample. It was OK.
* Glossier Moisturizing Moon Mask. The Galaxy Green mask that sucks out impurities is better. This one was OK, but it just felt like putting on a bunch of (albeit lightweight) moisturizer and then wiping it off 20 minutes later.
* Stila Stay All Day liquid liner. One of my few makeup repurchases. It finally dried out, but I hadn't used it for months and months and months.
* Sjal Liquid Saphire Anti-Aging Face Oil. It just sat on top of my skin and never sank in.
* Marc Jacobs Highliner in Express-Oh! I'm so disappointed in these MJ liners. I own the holiday set, which was supposed to have been fixed after they kept drying out, but this and all my other MJ liners still dry out, including my full-sized ones. I grabbed this one to toss in a fit of fury, but I'll be throwing away my others and won't buy any more.
* Ole Henricksen Pure Truth Youth Activating Oil. First of all, the pump on mine was broken, hence the other dropper I grabbed from another product in the picture. Second of all, when I did manager to apply it to my face, it didn't seem to do anything. I used half the bottle and then threw in the towel.
* Origins Zero Oil toner. I've owned this forever and I'm finally giving myself permission to toss it. It dries out my skin and never seemed to do anything positive.
* Flo Refillable Fragrance Atomizer. It leaks, plus it looks like a weird tampon case or, ahem, personal massager. Fortunately, I filled it with one of my least favorite perfumes, so there's no loss in throwing it away.
@notcreative They moisturize my undereye area better than any other eye sheet mask I've tried. They also seem to pep up tired eyes, although my dark circles and eye bags are too much for any product to truly tame. That said, I don't know that the retinol in them is doing much. I also only use them sporadically; maybe if I used them on a regular schedule, I would see more long-term benefits.
Thanks. I think I have another sample of them, so I plan to give them another try. My under eye area is so dry (which is funny given how oily my lids are), so I will see if I notice more moisture this time. I think the reason I never notice that is because I ALWAYS add eye and face cream after sheet masks, so I assume they are doing the heavy lifting on moisturizing. I know a lot of people just do the mask and go, but my skin is too dry for that.
Things i loved;
- body shop body butters
- odacite serums
- tata harper purifying mask
- ddg pad
- rad pads
- fab pads
- nude purify toner
- benefit gimme brow
- farmacy root cell serum
- Sunday Riley blue moon
- verb shampoo conditioner
- facial wipes
- tarte powder
Special shoutouts of crap go to the Blue Moon and travel size Farmacy serum. I could not for the life of me get Blue Moon to work consistently for me, and I'm so glad to be rid of it. Some days it took off my makeup perfectly and others it left a gross film that made my skin feel so heavy. The Farmacy serum is alright but the glass bottle cracked in my carry on luggage and spilled all over my quart bag of liquids. Only I didn't know that was what had cracked and so it kept leaking for the next 5 days.
@Elles117 I go through one of the large tubs and one of the minis pretty much every month.
I really like some of them and am meh about others. They do seem to have some variance depending on what your skin type is.
Consistent faves for me are the argan one, the coconut one and the cocoa butter one because the scents are pleasant but not long lasting.
Some of the fruit ones are a bit much. I tried the raspberry last month or the month before and it was SUPER strong and smelled like fruit punch. The strawberry was better, with the smell fading away after about 20 minutes.