Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Insiders
|

Empties

I love seeing other peoples empties! So I decided to make a board where people could post pictures of their empties, or just tell us about them! I'd also be interested in knowing whether you're repurchasing anything or not.

Empties

Assorted March empties. All are favorites and replaced when used up. The OPI nail polish is from 2012 and I finally used it up!

Re: Empties

@curlychiquita Oooh I'm excited to see that you endorse that Body Shop butter... I really loved the Tree Hut knockoff back in the day and have been thinking about springing for a tub of this exact one!

@fieldsofclover, it's really good, I've been using it for years!  It keeps my hands from getting chapped in the winter.

Things got used! No active dislikes this time. 

I really like the Pacifica mask serums but I'm using my own mask blanks because I don't like the way theirs fit. The Roc actually made a great antiaging hand cream... I wouldn't buy it at Walgreens but would consider getting it at Costco if I saw it in person.

PhotoGrid_1521828817053.png

Do tell @fieldsofclover when do you get your mask blanks?

@sarahshter I'm west coast so I get them at Daiso... they come in packs of either 25 or 50 so I don't need to restock very often!

@sonnydee LOL, I sneak photos of my products when my husband's not home, so I also don't have to explain myself :).

Here are some empties from the last couple weeks.  I never keep the foils long enough to get pics, but I cleared out many while I was waiting to restock a few things.Love all of these, but am cycling out the almond milk concentrate because it doesn't play well with floral perfumeLove all of these, but am cycling out the almond milk concentrate because it doesn't play well with floral perfume

Love Algenist, fresh soy, OH Sauna Scrub, fresh lotus mask, Bye bye undereye and supermud.  Passing on Kate S. And Irish Moor Mud. Fresh overnight mask is OK, but won't purchase full size.Love Algenist, fresh soy, OH Sauna Scrub, fresh lotus mask, Bye bye undereye and supermud. Passing on Kate S. And Irish Moor Mud. Fresh overnight mask is OK, but won't purchase full size.

@RachFace2921 Omg😅 for him to see....I think he's pretty much accepted my strange habits though (when I'm depotting palettes, he calls it making my special potions...like Im a witch dr or something. Lol. I have explained what I'm doing) 

Empties

Not sharing my empties yet but my daughter wants to know why 1. I'm saving trash 2. why I want to show my trash to people😂

Thank you @sonnydee you had me laughing so hard and crying 😂

You are very welcome @sarahshter it was one of those rare...

You are very welcome @sarahshter it was one of those rare Ummmmmm moments I've had as a mom, but as she's getting older they're happening more often 🤤

@sonnydee That's exactly how my mom is. She says I'm weird.

Empties

Feburary empties. Skin care was a priority last month. Various masks, primers and mascaras. Other miscellaneous products such as mini nail polishes and hair samples. YSL is my favorite purfume. I have several of these samples, which are great for on the go.

March so far... more likes than loves this round; been working on finishing up a bunch of things.

Spoiler

Loves: First time trying the DoYou milk peel, not a HG but will definitely buy it again. Not positive I'll buy the Herbivore water but I have one more promo before I decide.

Likes: the slice masks are more entertaining than seriously functional so I was glad to find them but won't repurchase. I like and have repurchased all the DDG products, just transitioning out of the brand.

Not for me: I used to like DevaCurl but my hair is too short for this now. The Korres was a nice sleeping mask, just not a genre for me. Pep Start was underwhelming, probably would have liked it in my 20s.

PhotoGrid_1520753885812.png

@fieldsofclover What scents do you have in your no?

@Samtian Marc Jacobs Decadence, Armani Acqua di Gioia, Elizabeth and James Nirvana French Grey, and Acqua di Parma Colonia Mirra.

February Empties!Destashed/Past their primeDestashed/Past their prime

Basic/MehBasic/Meh

Nope Nope NopeNope Nope Nope

Likes/Would use againLikes/Would use again

Loves/will or have repurchasedLoves/will or have repurchased

Finally some time to get through my empties. Looking forward to what March has in store, I feel like I've been using a lot less and I'll be traveling at the end of the month. Hoping to use up lots then. 

IMG_1771.JPG

Love standouts: Finally finished a bite mask, yay!! Lots of FS products makes me happy. Drying lotion dried up, but had been around probably past it's expected lifespan anyways and got lots of use. Was surprised by how much I liked the avene hydrating mask. 

IMG_5173.JPG

Likes/Nopes: lip products were nopes, destashes of more that I found. Started reacting to lot of things last year. Rest are okay/likes. Would use again, not purchase. Sephora foot masks are nice but nothing compared to the peel ones. Molton brown is a little too strongly scented for my sensitive nose. Liked sunday riley CEO but nothing life changing, I see the same effects from much cheaper masks with vit-c. 

IMG_0523.JPG

Loves

Spoiler
Josie Maran Whipped Argan Oil Unscented- This is my favorite body moisturizer of all time. It can be a bit greasy if you use too much, but I have such dry skin that I actually like that.
Lush Pink Custard Shower Jelly- This was my last one. I cut it up into cubes and I feel like it lasts forever. It's gets nice and foamy but can be drying at times.
Algenist Genius Bi-Phase Peel- This is my favorite chemical exfoliator. I don't even know how many of these I've gone through but I'll never find anything more effective. I highly recommend it for dry skin too. 
Joico KPak Deep Penetrating Reconstructor- This made my hair soft and it actually did feel stronger. My beef with it is how thin the texture is and the fact that I had to use so much because I have long hair.
Shiseido Full Lash Waterproof- Doesn't budge.

IMG_0524.JPG

Spoiler
Macadamia Professionals Weightless Moisture Leave in Conditioner- This is a good detangler (at least for my straight hair) but I prefer something that provides more moisture.
Sanitas Peptiderm Moisturizing Cream- I think this is supposed to be a night cream but I used it during the day. I can't decide if I want to repurchase it or not. I have pretty dry skin but this is too heavy for under makeup. It didn't make me greasy or anything, it just felt heavy.
Sephora Orchid Eye Mask- I feel like these are all the same no matter which one you get. I like them and will continue to buy them.
Fresh Rose Face Mask- This was good for any redness I had, but this isn't my favorite mask.

IMG_0525.JPG

Meh/Nope

Spoiler
Missha Tiger Mask- Too much fragrance and didn't do anything.
Boscia Wakame Firming mask- This one pills and does nothing for the skin.
Urban Decay Trouble Maker Mascara- Flakes.
Kate Somerville ExfoliKate- I actually used this on my legs. I think it might be too harsh for my face so I don't really have an opinion on it.

@suzyo JM Whipped Argan Oil Body Butter is my favorite also. My husband has become alergic to my various colognes & perfumes. Some of the scents seem to satisfy my love of perfume scents. At the moment I am rotating Vanilla Pear, Vanilla Bean and my final jar of Strawberries & Whipped Cream. I wish Josie would bring back the Strawberries & Whipped Cream. I even posted on the trade thread and nobody responded.

skincare empties 

would repurchase

• IMG_9401.jpg
  • indeed hydraluron moisture boosting sheet mask (these do a good job at giving my skin an extra boost in hydration - i would repurchase them - but probably only in the winter when my skin needs more)
  • dr dennis gross alpha beta universal daily peel (i can't use these often without them irritating my skin - but if i don't use one every other week i definitely see a difference in my skin - and not in a good way!)
  • dr brandt microdermabrasion 
  • the ordinary ascorbyl tetralsopalmitate solution 20% (i use this on my legs - i have some dark spots caused by an autoimmune disorder and i feel that this actually makes a difference and lightens the spots

would use againIMG_9403.jpg

• fab ultra repair cream (used this on my body)
  • rab ultra repair face moisturizer
  • josie maran light argan oil (i actually used this to treat my daughters cradle cap)
  • korres night wild rose advanced brightening sleeping facial
  • algenist genius ultimate anti-aging cream
  • aveda botanicals kinetics energizing eye creme
  • cliv max hyaluronic mask
  • tatcha one step camellia cleansing oil
  • cle de peau cotton (i can't even imagine how expensive these are - i'm not looking - but it wasn't anything amazing - so i'd use if had them but i wouldn't actually purchase)
  • caudalie vinosource moisturizing sorbet
  • clinique moisture serge
  • charlotte tilbury magic night cream
  • sephora instant moisture cream
  • kat burka vitamin c face cream (used on body)
  • lancome multi action night

noIMG_9402.jpg

•  garnier clean nourishing cleansing oil (burned my skin and didn't remove my makeup)
  • shiseido benefiance intensive eye contour cream (gave me dry patches on my eyes!!!)
  • kate somerville true lash lash enhancing eye makeup remover (i need to give up on kate.  kate isn't for me! this burned my eyes and irritated them for hours!!!)
8,134 Replies
testing