Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Insiders
|

Empties

I love seeing other peoples empties! So I decided to make a board where people could post pictures of their empties, or just tell us about them! I'd also be interested in knowing whether you're repurchasing anything or not.

RE: Empties

@WhereYouStand How is the Bioderma micellar water? Does it contain preservatives? I will need some micellar water pretty soon and I want a great and affordable product!

RE: Empties

Hi keana1 I’m not familiar too much w/ preservatives but here is the ingredients list I found on amazon where I purchased the product Ingredients - Composition-aqua/water/eau, peg-6 caprylic/capric glycerides, fructooligosaccharides, mannitol, xylitol, rhamnose, cucumis sativus (cucumber) fruit extract, propylene glycol, cetrimonium bromide, disodium edta.

Re: Empties

Greetings, Trash Society! Here's my first little pile of May empties:

PhotoGrid_1526245209259.png

I think I'm promoting the YTTP moisturizer to HG status... this is my third DS and I just need to break down and get a full size. I already bought a value size of the Ouai during the VIB sale but I have a stash of these minis too.

The Lapcos masks are meh but I got a deal on them at Costco. I live in too damp/temperate of a climate to appreciate the Charity Pot formula... I think I'd like it more if I still lived around a lot of snow, but here it just feels greasy.

@fieldsofclover I bought the Charity Pot product too and...

@fieldsofclover I bought the Charity Pot product too and sadly it's not a favorite of mine either. At least I made a donation to a good cause.

Nice job with empties- you really do have the best lay-outs! I’m glad you liked that Sephora mask- I have that one sitting, waiting to be used 😉 @fieldsofclover

Aww thanks @Shosh85! I like the Sephora masks... I used to think they were "eh, okay" until I tried a bunch more different brands and decided they're actually pretty good for the price! The ingredients are decent, too. They're not too different from each other but the algae one is a little more... not tingly, but "something" than the others.

@fieldsofclover  I think The Creme Shop is still my most favorite, but have seen some good results from these masks! 

I kinda use the Sephora masks and lip balms as fillers in my orders- to get the price up for a promo! So, I have slowly collected a nice little variety of these 😉 -but for some reason I can’t get myself to buy the Algae one, haha! Does it smell ok? I’m a little picky with scents😬

@Shosh85 Yeah, exactly. I don't go out of my way to buy them on their own, but I'm happy to top off an online order or get a few at JCP to snag a promo.

(Although I am thinking about getting that Holy Sheet set... 👀)

The algae one just smells a little ocean-y. I don't buy the singles, but I use them if they come in sets and they're ok. 

i love this empties layout @fieldsofclover !

@Kim888 Thanks! I keep them in an album on my phone... it makes it easier to look back and see what has worked for me and what hasn't.

Spoiler

Screenshot_20180514-091351.png

@fieldsofclover, that's a great idea! 

RE: Re: Empties

I scraped every little last bit out of the same DS YTTP moisturizer! And unlike you, I live in a very dry climate-so it must be pretty adaptable. I loved how it was light, but kinda plumping. I had to apply a heavier oil over it as it seemed to fade a bit into my skin, but I loved it as a 2nd to the last step of my night routine. As I used it, I wished I didn't like it so much, but I agree-I feel it is HG status worthy.

Re: RE: Re: Empties

@eshoe Yes exactly, I was doing the skincare equivalent of licking the jar clean. With a lovely kale scent 😂🥗

Better late than never ! Here are my empties for the month of April 😊

IMG_5532.jpgIMG_5534.jpgIMG_5536.jpg

Loves

Spoiler

The Face Shop Brightening MasCream Sheet
Too Faced HangoverX Replenishing Face Primer

Shiseido Pureness Balancing Softener Alcohol-Free : Seems to not be available in Canada anymore .. This has been my holy grail since high school. I am now trying out the Clarins Iris Toning Lotion and it seems to work just as good, if not better ! I guess it will be my replacement for the Shiseido one.

Kate Somerville Wrinkle Warrior™ 2-in-1 Plumping Moisturizer + Serum (Deluxe Sample) : i hate that I love it ... It's quite pricey, but it leaves my skin looking and feeling amazing ! I might splurge at the next VIB sale, but until then I have other products in my stash to use up !

The Face Shop Real Nature Rice Face Mask

Tonymoly I’m Real Pore Care Red Wine Mask Sheet

Tonymoly I’m Real Soothing Tea Tree Mask Sheet

Tonymoly I’m Real Skin Purifying Seaweeds Mask Sheet

The Face Shop Firming MasCream Sheet

Karine Joncas Dermo-Lift Corrective Eye Patch x 2

The Face Shop Real Nature Cucumber Face Mask

Murad City Skin Overnight Detox Moisturizer : Instant results ! It's a bit pricey, so I haven't repurchased it and I am now using something else. I might buy again later this year.

Clinique Naturally Gentle Eye Makeup Remover
The Face Shop Real Nature Green Tea Face Mask

Spoiler

Tonymoly Dear Me Waterful Skin

The Face Shop Real Nature Acai Berry Face Mask

Bath & Body Works Peach Bellini Hand Soap with Olive Oil

Tonymoly I’m Real Nutrition Avocado Mask Sheet

Glamglow Supermud Clearing Treatment (15g)

Dior Capture Totale Dream Skin (Deluxe Sample)

The Face Shop Real Nature Tea Tree Face Mask x 2

Tata Harper Purifying Mask (Sample)

Equate Cottons Oval (50 Ovals)

Equate Cleansing and Make-Up Removing Towelettes (60 Towelettes)

Meh

Spoiler

Sephora Collection Show Curl XL Lash Curler – for Deep Set Eyes : Worked fine at first, but after changing the pad it was horrible ! No matter how I put it in, it wouldn’t curl half of my lashes .. I switched to the Kevyn Aucoin’s curler and it’s much better 1

The Face Shop Rice Water Bright Cleansing Water : The product in itself was very good, but the pump dispenses way too much product at the time. I went through the bottle super fast, no matter how cautious I was. I would use again, but not pay full price for it ! I believe I paid 15$ CAD and it lasted around 3 weeks.

Nope

Spoiler

John Frieda Full Repair Strengthen + Restore Shampoo : I used to always use the John Frieda products, but my hair doesn't seem to like it anymore .. It left my scalp super oily and weighted it down as well.

Trubeauty Gold Foil Under-eye Masks : NOPE ! As soon as I removed it from the package, I could feel that they were quite dry. There was a good amount of the serum in the package. I have 4 more pairs to try, I hope they aren't all the same ... 

Finished 105 products so far this year !

@emiie Wow.

@emiie Wow.

That's awesome!  Great job, @emiie!

Thanks @curlychiquita !! ❤️❤️❤️

I’ve been having fun using my overflow of samples. 1BFBDE20-A906-4C1E-ACAB-69382B694663.jpeg

Loved the La Mer moisturizers, to the point that maybe someday with the right combination of gift cards and liquid courage I may spoil myself. Also really liked the Amore Pacific Hydra Gel. Liked, but didn’t love, the Sunday Riley Luna Oil. I also used all seven days of the Lancome Genefique. Actually each packet lasted me probably 3-4 days so I did the “test” for quite a while. I didn’t think it was doing much but I got a surprising amount of compliments on my skin, which has happened exactly zero times before. So now I’m wondering if it’s worth buying.

BA67115C-737A-4355-909F-666CEC1C311D.jpeg

I may have listed my GlamGlow Moisturizer before. (Apologies if I already did.) I love this and will buy again when I finish up some other products. Everything else here is ok. I adore the sol de Janiero lip balm and have repurchased many times. The only thing I outright hated was the Algenist eye cream on the end. Not sure if it went bad before I got it or what but it smelled like bad dairy. The Drunk Elephant cleanser made my face feel too tight and I wouldn’t buy it for myself but it wasn’t the worst thing in the world. 46B3B4E5-BDBD-4F46-83AC-9DCA64E5F875.jpeg

Because I forgot to stick them in the other pic - two little MAC Fix+s from their holiday collection. One still has a couple sprays left in it but I figured I would probably have “Back to MACed” it before another empties post so I wanted to include it now. 

Great job @starsandbucks - I just bought the GlamGlow Nude Glow moisturizer - which one do you use?

@HookedOnBeauty2 It’s the GlamGlow Glowstarter Mega Illuminating Moisturizer in Nude Glow. I don’t know what the secret ingredient is but my skin feels like velvet when I use it. 

Great job, @starsandbucks! You've been moving through your samples!

8,140 Replies
testing