Empties

Empties

I love seeing other peoples empties! So I decided to make a board where people could post pictures of their empties, or just tell us about them! I'd also be interested in knowing whether you're repurchasing anything or not.

Re: Empties

I laughed out loud, all right.  The way you worded this was so descriptive and funny.  Thanks.

I aim to please. Smiley Very Happy

[ Edited ]

june-empties.jpg

- Wonderstruck lotion was great, I even cut up the top to get to as much as I could.

- The lip gloss is Neutrogena, and I really like, and already got another one.

- Sally Hansen Hardener is good, got another one already.

- Sally Hansen Top Coat is my HG. You can't see it, but there is about 1/4 of it left in the bottle Smiley Sad Once there isn't much left it becomes a thick mess, and you can't use it anymore. Still, love it, and already repurchased.

Everything else ok.

Foils:

june-empties-foils.jpg

- Hempz lotion was too much shimmer

- L'Occitane Divine Cream -- love!

- Benefit Cleanser -- love!

Great empties!  I'm always impressed when people have empty nail polish/nail treatment bottles.  That's the one thing that's so hard for me to use up!

(0) Hearts

Thanks! I love those SH hardener and top coat. I wish that the top coat didn't become a thick mess, but what can you do? I still love it Smiley Happy

image.jpg

I finished many maintenance products last month, and love most of these. The Cutex and Dr.Jart are likes; they haven't moved up to loves quite yet despite many repurchases. 

Nice!  Using up maintenance products always feels good.  Looks like you did a really nice job on these.

(0) Hearts

Just into July and I already have more empties than I did in June, very pleased with myselfSmiley Happy

(0) Hearts

I'm hoping July will be good for me as well!  I had a few maintenance products that each had just a little bit left so I'm hoping to finish them by the end of the month and free up some room in my storage!

20150707_184206.jpg

Loves:

• Ole Henriksen Nurture Me Cleansing Cloths- finally, a makeup removing wipe that get off all my face makeup and eye shadow AND doesn't sting the crap out of my eyes. I ordered a full size pack.
  • Tarte Smooth Operator Amazonian Clay Finishing Powder- my Holy Grail face powder. It's the only one that keeps my face shine-free all day.

• First Aid Beauty Deep Cleanser With Red Clay- got my skin clean. It can stain your Clarisonic brush if you don't rinse it well enough. 
  • Avon Foot Works Sugar Lime Mojito Refreshing Spray
  • Too Faced Chocolate Soleil Bronzer- I like it but still looking for a more cool-toned bronzer for contouring.
  • Benefit Stay Don't Stray Primer- it does the job but I prefer thicker primers
  • Too Faced Shadow Insurance Shadow Primer

Nah:

• Bumble and Bumble Hairdresser's Invisible Oil- it didn't spread throughout my strands and didn't seem to do anything for my hair. Love the primer, though.
  • Philosophy Purity Made Simple Facial Cleansing Cloths- this did not get off all my makeup.
  • Ion Dry Shampoo- the white residue is HORRIBLE! Plus it wasn't that great at absorbing excess oil.
  • Benefit Loli Balm- this has no pigment whatsoever and wasn't very moisturizing on my lips
  • Verso Super Eye Serum- this stung the crap out of my eyes and I didn't notice a difference in the way my under eyes looked.

(0) Hearts

I love the verso.  I notice it stings after peels though. 

(0) Hearts

Yeah the loli balm is definitely SUPER subtle and I love those Ole Henriksen cloths too.  Working on a pack right now that I got with a past GWP and excited for a different type of his wipes to arrive soon!

[ Edited ]

Foils:

Spoiler
Foils.jpg

Loves:

Algenist Genius C+ serum! New HG. Too bad it's so expensive, but I managed to get it 25% off from Algenist.

L'Occitane Milk Concentrate - but I'm not buying it, I'll drop cash on a serum but not on body lotion.

Living Proof Prime Style Extender - this a HG for me.

Caudalie detox mask - A bit like Glamglow, but more gentle.

Hates:

Exuviance retinol night serum - I didn't even open some of those foils, I had a reaction to it and threw the rest out.

Dr. Brandt. D.N.A. pearl serum - I have a few more foils and I'm willing to give it another chance, but I didn't like the texture and it flaked off my face when I put moisturizer on.

Bare Minerals Complexion Rescue Tinted Moisturizer - Emphasized dry patches, also the wrong color.

The rest were just ok, nothing special.

Deluxe samples and travel sizes:

Spoiler
Deluxe.jpg

Loves:

Clinique Turnaround Overnight Revitalizing Moisture

Briogeo Rosarco Milk  - new HG!

Dr. Jart Premium BB Cream - best coverage from a BB I've ever found.

Hates:

Bare Minerals serum foundation - clung to dry patches and pores, even with primer.

Full size:

Spoiler
Fulls.jpg

My old MUFE primer! Sad, would repurchase if I could. Not sure about the new formulation yet.

Not repurchasing the others either; I'm trying the Bare Minerals spray brush clear from Ulta, and I didn't find the Algenist toner hydrating enough for me. I went back to my Murad hydrating toner, which also lasts a lot longer (and therefore better value), I think because it's a spray and product doesn't get eaten by the cotton balls.

(0) Hearts

Nice empties.  I love that you used a bunch of Algenist foils.  That's always my one beef with skincare foils, it's usually not enough product to really have a sense if it actually yields results, but using multiple foils can get you closer.  Those tiny foundation bottles are also adorable.

Nice!  I loved the Algenist Genius C too, and bought it.  Brilliant of them to do the 10-day sample set. I might have to try that Briogeo, I've seen several great reviews. 

(0) Hearts

I'm saving my sampkes for my next trip.  I already know I love the creamSmiley Happy 

Yeah I redeemed that promo about 3 times I think, trying to put off buying full size lol.

(0) Hearts

They know what they're doingSmiley Happy. You'll be hooked for sure after a month! 

[ Edited ]

4 months worth of empties: 

image.jpg

Not pictured: Kanebo Kate mascara base (full size), Clinique even better brightening moisture mask (foil)

Spoiler

LOVED:

Avalon Organics volumizing shampoo: made my hair so nice and soft after all the heat and products I put into styling, highly highly recommend. 

La Roche Posay Toleriane Ultra: if you have sensitive skin, this is a must try. I always always have a back ups of this. 

La Roche Posay Toleriane dermo-cleanser: new product discovery! and it was love a first sight, I am not big on the pour over packaging though. 

Shiseido Senka sunscreen: a Japanese drug store sunscreen by Shiseido. Japanese brands knows how to do good sunscreens--I totally believe you can skip the higher end versions, I felt no difference

Kiehl's Creme de Corps: simple, non-fragrant body moisturizer that I used for hand, highly moisturizing

Arbonne ginger citrus body wash: I found it in my pile of sample, and the scent is so amazingly awesome. Too bad it's not sold anymore 

Sephora lip balm: good, really moisturizing lip balm. I always have back ups of this too. 

Kanebo Kate mascara base: over took Dior lash serum as my HG lash base, love love love, so glad I bought 2 when I was in Japan 

Clinique Even Better brightening moisture mask: highly highly moisturizing, bought full size

LIKED:

Dr Bronner rose castile soap: it worked, the rose scent wasn't that strong 

L'occitane extra-gentle lotion: it was nice, but I will stick to the more moisturizing hand lotion from now on, it took me almost 2 years to finish, so happy it's done!

Paula's Choice skin recovery toner: it was a nice moisturizing toner for dry skin, not bad, not amazing

fresh sugar lip treatment: I prefer Sephora's, but this worked too

Amore Pacific moisture bound eye cream: it was nice, but the amount of fragrance is kind of bothering me

Clinique even better eyes: good morning eye cream since it was mini amounts of shine, works well under concealer

DIDN'T WORK FOR ME: 

Kate Somerville Exfolikate: so glad I got this sample to try before I bought the full size, my ultra sensitive skin didn't take this well the second it went on

Benefit they're real push-up liner: I was curious about this type of applicator, but didn't want to buy the full size due to the negative reviews--the sample filled the gap perfectly. And I was right: it smudges on me

ELF mineral mascara: first time trying ELF cosmetics, it has glowing reviews on makeupalley, and I do like how it applies, but like numerous of its predecessors, it smudges on my eye (not really it's fault though, I still think it's worth a try)

MUFE mascara: smudge crazy, really dislike the wand, try the ELF instead 

Total (from January): 

Full size: 13

Deluxe sample: 7

Foil sample: 7

Nice empties!  I'm not in love with Exfolikate either, though I hear they have a gentler one.  For me it's less about skin sensitivity as it is that I really don't care for the smell at all and with so many other exfoliating products on the market that smell better to my nose it's not worth it.

(0) Hearts

I am starting to use FAB radiance pads now, and that's been going pretty well. Any other recommendations? Smiley Happy

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments