Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Insiders
|

Empties

I love seeing other peoples empties! So I decided to make a board where people could post pictures of their empties, or just tell us about them! I'd also be interested in knowing whether you're repurchasing anything or not.

Re: Empties

I love their liquid lipsticks so much! I probably have ten different shades because everytime I go to a Sephora store I see more and more shades that I love and have to pick up at least one more!

.@curlychiquita 

RE: Empties

@Glarson, how did you like the Becca? I have that and have been playing with it for awhile now, looking for the best way to use it. Any thoughts? Did you layer it with other primers?

Re: RE: Empties

I loved it! I use it around my cheeks and forehead (the places I want to glow) and use a different primer like the Smashbox photo finish or Boscia white charcoal treatment primers, which I highly recommend, on areas like my nose and the center of my forehead. I also use a reeeally full coverage foundation so I can usually only see the faintest of a glow through it but I always feel hydrated and happy.

@eshoe

Another batch of trash! 

Notes in the spoiler 😄
IMG_20180716_142129787.jpg

Spoiler
LOVES
Andalou Naturals Clementine + C Toner: staple toner for me. Lovely citrus scent, touch of glycolic acid, no alcohol or witch hazel. It's everything I wanted when I looked for a toner the last time around, and I'm still not bored with it. Pretty sure this is my third empty, and the 4th is already in use.

Body Shop Japanese Matcha Tea Mask: a creamy clay mask that doesn't dry down. If you loved the Origins Ginger Kombucha lab sample, I think you'll like this too. Different scent, but very similar product.

UD Hi-Fi Shine Lip Gloss: surprising love; I don't normally care one way or the other about lip glosses, but I think the mint stole my heart. Sadly, I can't use mint on my lips very often as it's just about my only sensitivity, so I doubt I'll ever buy a full size, but it was nice to have a little minty something back on my lips every now and again.

Mon Guerlain: another surprising love. I don't normally go for the sweet fragrances, but this one has a depth/richness to it that kept it from being too cloying. I am hoarding samples lol.

Exuviance Detox Mud Treatment: a clay mask that does dry down, but it's not that hard-crack, super tight dryness of many. I think this is my second tube...the first left me feeling fine, but nothing special, but the more I use it, the more I like it. I tend to gravitate to the super-tight ones, so having something a little softer and easier to remove is a nice alternative for me. 

LIKE/FINE
Tarte Knockout Tingling Treatment: I'm already pretty acid-heavy in my routine, so I'm not sure this added much for me. I was also a bit spotty with it though, so I'd be willing to give it another shot and try to be a bit more regular with it.

SKII Essence: I'm new to essences, so I really have no idea how it compares to others. It was nice but I think I need a little more knowledge and experience with others under my belt before really ruling on this one.

UD Lip Love: fine, but not the balm for me. A bit thin. I found it quite similar in texture and consistency and performance to Skinfix lip balms (which are also much cheaper. I think UD has been discontinued too, so there's that lol)

Glamglow Gravitymud: I have something against this brand, though I couldn't really tell you what. They just annoy me down to my very soul. I grudgingly admit I kinda like this mask, but it'll never be a staple for me. 

Estee Lauder Advanced Night Micro Cleansing Foam: a perfectly lovely cleanser, but I won't even bother to look up prices, since apparently it's worthy of the "Tiniest Cleanser Sample Tube Ever Manufactured" Award. I almost find the size insulting 😛

Shu Uemura Maxi:Hydrability Moisture Essence-in-Gel: nice moisturizer. A creamy gel that mixed well with my oil and didn't clog me up. I'm not sure what "wow factor" I'm looking for in a moisturizer...this was a nice, solid choice, but I keep thinking "the one" will make me swoon in some way or another, which this didn't do. 

Skinfix Coconut Water Hydrating Mist: I got this as a gwp and wasn't really sure what to do with it (I don't typically spritz my face with anything...that's just never been a thing in my world), so it became my intro to essences lol. Worked perfectly fine that way IMHO, and while I have a second bottle around here somewhere (I liked the gwp enough to buy a second), I'm going to give some real essences a shot now that this one is done. Note it has alcohol in the ingredients, which sent me into a tizzy when I discovered that (after I had already bought that backup of course, sigh), but when I contacted Skinfix, they said it's less than 2% and is only there as a carrier for one of the other ingredients. So...I still give it the side-eye, but I'll finish up what I have.

Shiseido Pureness Balancing Softener: used essence-style as well. Perfectly nice. Wouldn't go out of my way to buy more, but would use it again.

NAH
H2O+ Waterbright Gel Mask: I sooooo want to love these. It comes in two pieces, the fit is phenomenal, and since it's dry, there's no drippy mess or slimy fingers. This would be my ideal sheet mask, I'd keep a dozen on hand at all times...if I felt like it did anything 😞

Skinfix Foaming Oil Cleanser: I appreciate that added fragrance can be bothersome to many (and can even be bad for the rest of us over time), but when your core ingredients stink...ugh. Has an industrial/crafting glue/are these the kind of fumes that make folks high scent that I never could get on board with.

Creme Shop Hyaluronic Acid Face Mask: folks keep raving about Creme Shop so I bought some new and different ones at TJMaxx even though I hated my first ones. Why do I keep doing this? 😛 The fit on this one was terrible, and the scent didn't agree with me either. I can't smell it in the packet anymore, but I seem to recall it was a floral bomb. Results were fine, nice even, but it's certainly not my favorite mask. 

@RGbrown, SK-II essence is a staple of mine!  It really enhances whatever you put on over it.  It's one of those products where all of the sudden one day you see a big difference because it's been working little by little all along.

RE: Re: Empties

@RGbrown, you’ve sold me on the Andalou-I have been using Jurlique’s Rosewater something-or-other (too tired to get up and check the bottle) for quite awhile now, but whenever I have to repurchase I cringe at the price. I know it’s nowhere near SK-II but still, it’s basically water. I am trying this when I run out!

Re: RE: Re: Empties

@eshoe

I love everything I've tried from Andalou, and the price points are quite reasonable (Ive even found a few things at tjmaxx/Marshall's in the 4.99/5.99 range 😮). I looked up the Jurlique you mentioned, and it's likely a bit more moisturizing than the Clementine toner I'm using, but Andalou also makes a moisturizing toner...Blossom Leaf iirc...that might be closer to the Jurlique. In any case, the brand is definitely worth a shot! 

I love that Mon Guerlain fragrance! It is such a favorite of mine, it smells sweet and luxurious but it isn't over powering or too much. Glad to see that you liked it too!

@Glarson

I often wonder if the brand name itself is half the love for me, but in any case, it's a keeper for sure 😄

Lots of trash this week!

16AFF20A-492B-4507-8328-B9CFA9D0B7A4.jpegB46B37DB-30C2-4CA1-9282-A449B5F9E1C9.jpeg

I’d repurchase all the sheet masks - they were all enjoyable. Also loved almost everything in the second picture. I wouldn’t purchase a full size of the Chanel because I can think of, oh I don’t know, 56039 things I’d rather spend $600 on. It was very fun to try such an expensive moisturizer as a GWP, though! 

Chanel moisturizer, fun thing to try @scott1201

@scott1201, yes, that's the only way I'd try a $600 moisturizer!

@scott1201, what did you think of the Olaplex? I’ve heard a lot of hype about it on here, so I am very curious!

@eshoe if you are hesitant to splurge on the Olaplex, I've been happy with the results I've gotten using Redken's pH Bonder (got mine at Ulta). I got the professional version when I bleached my hair, and use the at home treatment occasionally. I keep it on for a half hour to hour, and my hair feels really soft and manageable. 

I haven't tried Olaplex because of the price, so I can't say how they compare, but I'm happy paying $16 for 150 ml for the Redkin; it feels worth it.

I've been tempted to get a sample of the Olaplex to do a side by side test. If that happens, I'll update on my opinion!

It’s been really great for my hair and I’ll definitely repurchase, @eshoe! I have fine, course, wavy hair that is very textured and never seemed to grow past my collarbones without a ton of damage. I’ve seen a lot of healthy growth the past couple of months while using this and it seems to be keeping damage at bay. I don’t color or bleach my hair, so I can’t say how it would help with that kind of damage. Definitely worth a shot! Since it’s a small amount I always tried to get the most out of each time I used it - I would apply then clip it up and hang out for an hour or so before washing out. I think I got maybe 5 uses?

RE: Re: RE: Re: Empties

Ok shoot, that sounds like my hair needs it. I kept reading your review hoping for some sort of out but it fits my hair to a tee. Thank you, @scott1201☺️

@scott1201 I love just about all of these too!! That Amika is da bomb! 💣💥Great job masking!! 🙌

@scott1201 How are the Shiseido cotton pads ? Do they fall apart quickly or stretch easily? I’m wondering if they are worth the extra splurge compared to the ones from the drugstore?

@keana1, definitely worth it! They are so soft, you'll ne...

@keana1, definitely worth it! They are so soft, you'll never go back to drugstore pads! Plus like stated you get a lot for $10

Re: @keana1, definitely worth it! They are so soft, you'll ne...

@Luvstravel Thanks!😉

I will never, ever, go back to drug store cotton pads after using these. They do not shed or stretch at all! On days where I only wear mascara I can use one pad for both eyes. I would highly highly recommend them. Cost per use really isnt that different from drugstore prices since you get 165 pieces for $10. Hope that helps! @keana1

8,134 Replies
testing