Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Insiders
|

Empties

I love seeing other peoples empties! So I decided to make a board where people could post pictures of their empties, or just tell us about them! I'd also be interested in knowing whether you're repurchasing anything or not.

Re: Empties

Yes! @eshoe. 🙂 So glad your struggle came to an end. I remember that feeling a few months ago. "None in stock, someone just grabbed all 10" Ugh and the store had just opened :(. I also adore PMG Fever Dream 🙂

Oh wonderful day, finally finished Farmacy👍🏼

LovesAA355BC2-83C6-4CD8-AED3-A531623C0F0B.jpeg

Spoiler
This was my first FS jar of the YTTP and I opened my second this morning. 💗💗💗 this stuff! Feel the same about the DE La La, my first FS after a number of DS samples is in my cabinet:) All of these masks were stellar!

GoodC0CF0351-979D-4305-AC98-6CCB9983A767.jpeg

Spoiler
There will likely always be at least one of the skyn masks in my trash every week. When I run out of my stash next fall I will reevaluate my feelings on it😆. I do like the brightening effect they provide. The Chanel mascara primer was good, absolutely nothing wrong with it, I just think the Lancôme Cils Booster works slightly better.

Once is enough (unless I purchased backups, which of course I did on more than one of these)247D00B7-6A06-4550-9933-A0734F525DFE.jpeg

Spoiler
The Hello Skin wasn’t terrible, just not going to buy it again as their Water Splash Mask is IMO much better. The Farmacy I included in the 10 by 10/10, and finally finished this morning. Unfortunately it was just a very runny serum with an odd scent that did nothing for my skin. And took forever to finish! The ReinPlatz has parabens so I removed immediately after reading the ingredients list🙄. The steam eye mask was more lukewarm than anything and lasted less than 30 minutes. I have a few more to try, hoping this was a fluke.

Couple full size guys this week!

The Murad and AG were fine, but nothing outrageous that makes me want to repurchase them. I had high hopes for the Loccitane but I used it exclusively on a dry patch of my neck and it didn’t seem to help. Very fragrant as well, which I wouldn’t want to put on my face. Loved all the masks this week!

DDE21F82-65CA-4130-B5E8-A8AD0C881D20.jpeg8EB66E79-1349-4BEA-A38A-F5B819E0A7B8.jpeg

❤️ That Origins Ginzeng Eye cream for day use, @scott1201

October.jpg 

Love-
Christophe Robin Salt Scrub
Skyn Iceland Eye Gels
Sephora Lip Mask
belif Eucalyptus toner- HG
Foot and Heel Mask

Ok-
Tory Burch Love Relentlessly.
Tarte Eye Masks

Hate-
Tony Moly Clear Skin Mask.
belif Creamy cleansing foam moist
Wei Mask- Liked the way it felt, but wasn't easy to put on and left my skin red and
dry.

Destash- Eyeshadows About ten years old! I had been working on three of them for the pan project and finally decided it was time.

Laughing at your ‘hate’ category, @Samtian! Those are some strong words! 😂

@eshoe Lol it is a lot easier to type out than dislike. 

8A5DA4AB-3B88-46F1-8F5B-38F8D6A53A11.jpeg

Love them all! The eye mask actually worked-my undereye puffiness disappeared for about a day! 

The kora eye oil feels nice on and didn’t cause any milia. 

I still like the face wash-my skin has recently been very irritated and this helps my skin return to normal. 

Oooh I have that eye mask but haven’t used it yet, @pinyo- excited to now! Thanks for the review;)

Weekly trash. I am getting close to finishing a couple of FS skincare items, I must use the thinnest layers as it takes me forever to go through products!EC1B5C4D-F47C-4FFB-A0FB-F8F101BC83BC.jpeg

Spoiler
This was a really good batch of sheet masks. The only one I need to restock yet is the Sephora eye mask, and I will likely hold off as I have plenty of others to use up for now.

C15086B0-E418-44AD-993B-CE6528FE82BC.jpeg

Spoiler
I loved the Origins mask the first time I used it but since so many others had mixed reviews I wanted to try it again. I still love it, but feel with a few changes (thinner weight cotton sheet, more serum, and a bit more reasonable price) this would definitely be a repurchase. The Helloskin was a let down, I loved the Hydration mask from this brand but this was rather lacking.

A35846E2-FAF6-441B-AC75-E5D52214AD65.jpeg

Spoiler
I’ve loved almost everything from The Oozoo, so I’m not too disappointed in this mask being a 😕. It wasn’t terrible, I just have high expectations from this brand as their masks are usually instant loves for me. The Trestique was from a sub box and I kept it in my little makeup emergency kit. This weekend I used it for the first time and it was so drying and pilled. I did not know lipsticks could do that; @WinglessOne mentioned that happening with certain matte lipsticks and I was so surprised.  But yep it’s a thing. The Saturday Skin has alcohol as the fifth ingredient and I could smell it as soon as I opened it. I didn’t bother to use it, as I was afraid it would not be good for my dry skin.

Awww the hello skin packaging with the yogi and her pup is adorable!

All of their packaging is so, so cute, @CC3616! It’s part of what made me remember the brand, and to try it. I have another one from this brand I used tonight and really liked it, so it’s 2 for 3 so far😉

These are two months of empties for me: not as much makeup this round, but I'm proud that I'm starting to work through a bunch of hair samples I've been hoarding for too long! 

HaircareHaircare

Haircare Standouts: 

• Briogeo Don't Despair Repari Stregth + Moisture Leave-in Mask: love the scent and it's actually one of the better leave-in treatments I've found. Not too heavy and the packaging has a nice spray mister. 
  • DevaCurl Buildup Buster Gentle Deep Cleansing Serum: Even though this was only a small sample, I really enjoyed it, and actually noticed how refreshed my hair felt. Planning on getting the FS next time I make an Ulta order. 

SkincareSkincareSkincare Standouts: 

• Drunk Elephant C-Firma Day Serum: this is a fantastic product, and I was impressed that it actually left my skin looking brighter in the morning. This FS bottle lasted me about 6 month with semi-daily use. Will repurchase the FS once I finish the current Vitamin C serum I'm using. 
  • Supergoop! Eye Cream with Oat Peptides: Love having an undereye cream with SPF, especially because I'm lazy about using an eye cream at night. This is thin and pairs well under makeup. Already repurchased! 

BodycareBodycare

Body Care Standouts: 

• The Moroccan Oil Body Souffle, Sol de Janeiro Bum Bum Cream and Chagrin Valley Soap & Salve (a local, to me, natural brand) Whipped Shea Butter are all so lovely in terms of scent and performance, but they all are extremely pricey for the size. I used them all sparingly and would only repurchase occasionally as a treat to myself.  The other two body moisturizers I didn't care for based on scent. 
  • Green Tidings Natural Deodorant (Lavender) is my current favorite natural deodorant. I buy this on Amazon, and while the texture takes some getting used to (it's a thick kind of paste almost) I really enjoy how it smells and performs. 

MakeupMakeup

Makeup Standouts: 

• Morphe Continuous Setting Spray: I love the nozzle, and even though the scent is a bit strong for a setting spray, I didn't find it offensive. I will repurchase once I finish the other two setting sprays I have on backup. 

MiscellaneousMiscellaneous

Misc. Standouts: 

• Ms. Meyers Counter Spray: I looooove both of these scents and have already repurchased in both the counter spray and other products. Even though it's a silly thing, I find the scent is a mood booster even when doing something mundane like cleaning the ktichen. 
  • Commodity Fragrance in Velvet: I'm super picky about fragrance because most perfumes are too strong for me. I found this one to be sophisticated, yet subtle. Even my husband complimented it, and he's equally picky as me. Will get the full size at some point, but it's a little more than I'm willing to pay for a fragrance right now (FS is nearly $100) 

DeclutterDeclutter

Declutters

I accidentally threw my brow wiz in here even though it should be in my makeup empties because I did use it up. The other products are reallyyyyyy old (like 4 years and counting) and I'm finally letting them go. 

I'm with you, @morgannicole, on the scents of household cleaners! It does make the chore (slightly) more enjoyable, haha! I've been on the hunt for that apple cider scent, but haven't found it locally yet. But I'll be at Target later this week, so maybe they'll have it. 

It's a fall item, so they might have switched over to winter scents now, but I have seen it at Target before. Good luck! 

Yeah, I've been looking for it for it over the last couple of months, @morgannicole, but unfortunately no luck. Sometimes my Target runs a bit behind though, so who knows if they'll have it out this week, LOL!

@morgannicole you got through so many hair products! I'm impressed, I feel like it takes me forever to get through hair stuff. 

Same! Actually most of these were minis and I had at least started them. Usually it takes me forever to get through full sizes, mostly I just wanted to force myself to use all my travel sizes because I had them for so long. 

Awesome work, @morgannicole! So many great products here; I’ve been using those skyn eye gels for awhile now, they are a solid staple. Isn’t the Velvet amazing?! I purchased the travel size and picked up a couple in the Rewards Bazaar as well. Reminds me of Nag Champa, just 💗 it.

Ohhh I'm interested to hear more about nag champa, do tell!

Nag Champa is an incense, @morgannicole@-the Velvet is like wearing it, I just 💗 it!!!

8,134 Replies
testing