I love seeing other peoples empties! So I decided to make a board where people could post pictures of their empties, or just tell us about them! I'd also be interested in knowing whether you're repurchasing anything or not.
April empties, used up a decent amount:
Topix Power of Three Cream: Great for my combo skin and it's got good ingredients. Helps tame my mild rosacea, it's got green tea in it.
Kirkland Rogaine: Use a tiny bit, and I mean tiny bit on my brows to regrow them. I'm seeing results already even though I'm sporadic with the application.
Belief The True Cream Aqua Bomb: Worth the hype, it plumps up my skin. I did notice if I use it too much I start getting tiny whiteheads but I plan on using this when I'm flying to prevent dehydration.
Drunk Elephant C Firma Serum: One of the better Vitamin C serums I've tried. I'm glad I found a wee more friendly wallet friendly option to the Skinceucticals.
Tony Moly Shiny Foot Super Peeling Liquid: This is no joke. It exfoliates me feet and makes them super soft.
Koh Gen Do Cleansing Water: I'm not huge on micellar waters but this is the second one I've tried, the Garnier being the first. This didn't remove much of my makeup and I had to use twice as much as the Garnier.
Not for me:
Rock Your Hair Size Matter x2: Didn't use up, tried a couple of times. Made my hair sticky and gave me a headache. Tossed.
Mizon Snail Repair Intensive Ampoule: Didn't realize this had cacao, broke me out. Used it up on my chest.
Olay Regenerist Serum: This is alright, I've just found something else with loads of niacinimide that I prefer over this one.
Nars Smudge Proof Eyeshadow Base
L'Oreal Brow Stylist Definer
NARS Tinted Moisturizer
Versace Bright Crystal
Not for Me:
Too Faced Primed & Poreless Loose Powder
Benefit Sun Beam Liquid Highlighter
Juicy Couture Viva La Juicy
Lady Gaga Fame
@dziggi what product did you find with niacinamide that you prefer now?
Also, I've been using Rogaine (5% minoxidil) on my eyebrows for over a year now. I have to use it on my hair anyway, so it was easy to incorporate my brows into the routine. I spoke to my dermatologist's assistant about it one day and she said to apply with a cotton bud to brows once daily for about 12 weeks. After 12 weeks, you may reduce use to about 3 times per week, but it will be a continuous process otherwise new hairs will not stay. I still use it about 5 times per week just because it's easy and I'm still noticing improvement!
I've been using the Elta MD Am Moisturizer instead of the serum. I think it has a higher % of naicinamide in it and is very moisturizing but doesn't break me out. I really had a love/hate relationship with the Olay serum because of the texture. Interesting about the eyebrow regrowth! I didn't know it stops working once you stop? Does that only happen if the follicles have been dead for a really long time or just for anything? I've had friends use it too and once they got the needed regrowth they stopped all together. I need to be more diligent about reapplying it to see better results.
@dziggi Thanks for getting back to me on the moisturizer! I'll have to look into this one. I haven't used the Olay serum but niacinamide has been on my radar for something I want to try.
My understanding on Rogaine is that it will not restore growth from dead hair follicles, but rather revive damaged hair follicles. The hair can miniaturize (smaller diameter) and have a faster growth cycle (more time spent in the resting phase vs growing phase) when the follicle is damaged. I believe Rogaine is supposed to help with both of those aspects, which will make the hair fuller in thinning areas. It's not a permanent treatment from what I've been told which is why I included the maintenance plan she suggested. I wonder how your friends' hair growth has maintained. I hope well!
@notcreative your comment on brow regrowth is what brought me into this thread. If you're interested in trying it, I wrote how I use it above It has actually really helped my brows!
Thanks. I actually have a couple of eyelash/brow serums left before I would buy something new. One is open but pretty full and the other is not even open yet. Once I am done, I would seriously consider it, so I will find your post.
This is April & May together so far, most of them are things I use regularly, except SR Tidal & Dr.Roebuck's Face cream.
I don't have any of the foils I tried, I threw them away right away
@dioradict What are your thoughts about Pixie glow tonic. It is so much raved by so many people, I am curious if it is actually that good and does something or toners are not doing.
@fatimamummy I jumped on the pixi glow bandwagon, too, when everyone was raving about it. It was relatively inexpensive, so I figured why not? I break out from it.
TBT I'm finding, for myself at least, that Caudalie products work best for me. I have products from a couple other brands, but my core products are from them.
I actually went through more than I expected in April. Some of my favorites:
Loved the Becca color corrector so I bought the full size, Wen is a staple for me. I have at least 5 other SC body butters. Dr Jart micro water is pretty awesome. Kat Von D wipes work well.
- essence lash princess volume mascara
- mac blankety
- estee lauder lucidity foundation
- smashbox primer water
- glysomed hand cream
- quo by orly nail polish
- ion silk drops
- body shop vitamin e moisture cream
- body shop vitamin e night cream
- vaseline problem skin lotion
- karuna exfoliating foot mask
middle child syndrome
- shisedio ibuki gentle cleanser
- benefit the porefessional face primer
- sunday riley juno
- colourpop one and done
- lush honey trap
- jordana eternal white
- chocolate truffle sheet mask
- dr jart+ pore medic pore purifying mask
- bite lip crayon in sable
- bite lip crayon in torte
- essence get big lashes mascara
- vanilla hand cream
- absolute new york balm
- quo by orly instant artist nivea lip care
- crawford street spearmint lip balm
- origins high potency night-a-mins mineral enriched renewal cream
- lancome bi facil double action eye makeup remover
- elizabeth & james nirvana black
- too faced hangover replenishing face primer
- urban decay perversion mascara
- urban decay anti-aging primer potion
- smashbox gloss in pout
middle child syndrome
- by terry baume de rose
- giorgio armani fluid sheer
- guerlain meteorites base perfecting pearls
- bareminerals mineral veil
- l’occitane hand cream
- fresh rose face mask
- stri vectin illuminating serum
- glamglow flashmud brightening treatment
- aveda smooth infusion smoothing masque
- bite lipgloss in strangefruit
- nars lipgloss in angelica
- formula x top coat this was super disappointing!!! i didn’t even get a chance to use this! i opened it up and not only was it dried up and virtually empty but the brush was broken off in the remaining polish.
- origins original skin retexturizing mask with rose clay
- dr dennis gross skincare alpha beta universal daily peel
middle child syndrome
- origins clear improvement active charcoal mask to clear pores
- living proof prime style extender
- too faced shadow insurance
- lavanilla pure vanilla
- caudalie premier cru the eye cream