Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Insiders
|

Empties

I love seeing other peoples empties! So I decided to make a board where people could post pictures of their empties, or just tell us about them! I'd also be interested in knowing whether you're repurchasing anything or not.

Re: Empties

Wow, that is awesome @sparklekai. Way to go on all those empties! 

November and December empties.

LovesIMG_7780[1].JPG

Not for me
IMG_7781[1].JPG

RE: Empties

This is my November and December empties. I’ve been fortunate to find a lot of products that suit my needs so I haven’t had to experiment too much in the last little while. All the items in the photos are my in my daily/weekly routine so I would definitely repurchase them. But my ultimate love must be the Hourglass Ambient Lighting Powder in Dim Light. It is a holy grail product and I’ve gone through 2 full sized compacts already🙏🏼

so here we have december empties...massively yearly post coming soon!

makeup

Screen Shot 2018-12-31 at 4.43.34 PM.png

would use again

• bare minerals the dream sequence
  • tarte coral crush
  • maybelline lash sensational
  • colourpop super shock shadows (acorn, baby skins, goodish, cherries jubilee, i heart this, puppy love)
  • colourpop hippie six in corset
  • colour pop super shock cheek (birthday suit, prenup)
  • clinique beyond perfecting foundation & concealer
  • beck shimmering skin perfecto in opal
  • l’areal infallible pro glow
  • colour pop brow pencil in dope taupe
  • urban decay deluxe shadow box
  • colourpop lip pencil in aquarius
  • loran behind the scenes eye primer
  • laneige lip sleeping mask

no

• bareminerals bare skin sheer sun bronzing serum
  • touch in sol medallist liquid foil & glitter duo in talia
  • the ordinary coverage foundation
  • it cosmetics brow power universal eyebrow pencil

skincare

Screen Shot 2018-12-31 at 4.42.43 PM.png

would repurchase

• farmacy clear bloom makeup glide away cleansing oil
  • first aid beauty facial radiance pads
  • dr dennis gross alpha beta universal daily peel

would use again

• clinique moisture surge overnight mask
  • philosophy purity made simple moisturizer
  • tara harper regenerating cleanser
  • peter thomas roth oilless oil
  • first aid beauty face cleanser
  • bore baking soda pore cleanser
  • indeed facial powdered exfoliator

haircare

Screen Shot 2018-12-31 at 4.41.56 PM.png

would repurchase

• dipping do girls with curls gelee

would use again

• moroccan oil smoothing lotion

no

• devacurl melt into moisture matcha butter conditioning mask

bodycare/other

Screen Shot 2018-12-31 at 4.41.01 PM.png

would repurchase

•   glysomed eczema cream

would use again

• vaseline problem skin therapy
  • lubriderm sensitive lotion
  • equate quilted pads

Dec 18 Loves.jpg

Woo end of 2018! I see people post their candles, so I wanted to include my wax melts I've hoarded and never used. Panning them now lol!

Loves-
Caolion Hot and Cool Masks
Yoga Mask
Wax Melts
Sephora Almond Foot Masks
Skyn Eye Mask
Repilca Sailing Day

Dec 18 eh.jpg

Like-
ABH Brow Gel
Josie Maran Pure Argan Milk- too glittery
Blueberry Mask

Hate-
Daisy Marc Jacobs

No Opinion-
Estee Lauder Advanced Eye Repair
Forever Orange Mask

I am finally joining the Empties Party!!! Here are my empties for December:December 2018 Empties!December 2018 Empties!

Loves:

Spoiler

Sephora Almond Foot Masks - Even though these don't fit my feet properly, I absolutely LOVE how my feet feel after I use them. I leave them on for about an hour because my feet stay dry and need all the moisture! This is a definite repurchase!

Tony Moly Sheet Masks – I have been using these for a while, so it is for sure in the repurchase category. The masks are not dripping in serum, but I like the way my skin feels after using them.

Clinique Clarifying Lotion 1.0 – I am already using the larger size in my skincare routine! This is the only Clarifying Lotion that doesn’t contain alcohol, so my dry skin is in love.

Kiehl’s Midnight Recovery Concentrate – Another product that I replaced with a larger bottle because I absolutely LOVED this serum. The only downside was I dropped the bottle dropper in my sink and it shattered. Luckily, I was close to finishing the bottle.

Smashbox 24 Hour Photo Finish Shadow Primer – I tried this on a whim after being disappointed with the Urban Decay eye shadow primer. Finally, I found an eye shadow primer that actually keeps my eye shadow in place all day without creasing. Be still my heart! A little goes a long way, so it has taken me FOREVER to finish this. But I have a backup waiting for me!

IT Cosmestics Superhero Mascara – This was a sample I received at Ulta. This mascara does wonders to my lashes! My lashes go from “Where?” to “WOWZA!” in just one coat. I don’t really stick to one mascara, but I would absolutely purchase this one.

Pureology Hydrate Superfood Treatment – I bought this as a protein treatment to mix in with the Klorane Mango hair masque. I have protein sensitive hair, so I only add a very small amount, and the travel size is perfect! I already have my repurchase waiting for next weekend’s wash day.

Spoiler

NYX Dewy Finish Setting Spray – I don’t feel like this did anything special for my makeup, so it’s not at the top of my repurchase list, but I might pick it up in a jam or during a sale.

ELF Hydrating Coconut Mist – I sprayed this at the end of my skincare routine to give my dry skin an extra moisture boost, and I think it’s a great affordable facial spray. I also really liked the tropical coconut scent. This is another product that is not high on my buy again list because I like to try different facial sprays.

Beauty Blender Liquid Blender Cleanser – This is the only product that gets my brushes and sponges squeaky clean, but I go through it so fast. I am trying the Pro Solid Cleanser now to see if that one lasts longer.

Clinique Dramatically Different Lotion – I used this to moisturize my skin when I take my makeup off before going to workout after work. It did an adequate job, but it’s nothing special and not on the top of my repurchase list.

Hates:

Spoiler

Josie Maran Argan Cleansing Oil – OMG I’ve had this FOREVER!! I mixed it with the Sephora Exfoliating Powder (that I have also had forever and am trying to finish!) The product was okay, but I didn’t like the pump. I will not be repurchasing this, and I’ve already replaced it with the Julep Cleansing Oil.

Clinique Take the Day Off Micellar Cleansing Towelettes – I use wipes when I don’t have access to a washcloth during my makeup removal process, and I decided to give these a try. The wipes are too small. I have to use two or three at a time. It’s a hard pass for me.

@sephoraaddict918 Nice job

RE: Re: Empties

Why are empties so satisfying to look at ? Lol.

@sephoraaddict918 how do you like the Julep cleansing oil?

@eshoe I have only used it once, but I already like it more than the Josie Maran oil. The pump works better, it mixes more easily with the exfoliating powder, and I didn't have any skin reactions (which I always worry about when trying new products). I haven't used it for makeup removal, so I don't know how well it works in that department. 

Wait, you mix it with exfoliating powder? Like the Tatcha or AP rice enzyme powder @sephoraaddict918🤔? Please tell me more!!! 

I started saving empties so I could join in the fun! There may be a couple products I tossed before collecting so I'll check my product inventory when I get home and add any not pictured.

Empties for November and December 2018:Capture.PNG

More details:

Spoiler
Heart ❤️ - Love and would repurchase
Thumbs up - Good product, may or may not repurchase (maybe I'll separate this into two categories - good and repurchase vs. good but won't repurchase)
Thumbs down - Did not enjoy
TGID! - Thank goodness it's done! (for products that took forever to use up and I'm glad to get it out of my collection)

Lavender and Sandalwood Olive Oil Body Scrub - I really enjoy this. I received it for Christmas 2017 and have used it occasionally throughout the year. I now have a new one from Christmas 2018 that I'm excited to use next year.

Softsoap Body Butter Shea and Almond Oil - fine product and does its job

Nivea Milk and Honey Lip Balm - okay, I carry it in my purse, it lasts a while and there is a lot of product still there once you think you are done. I used a small tool so no product went to waste

DevaCurl One Condition Original - decent conditioner but I don't know that I've had issues with conditioners. I will use DevaCurl One Condition Delight next and see how they compare for my hair

Soft & Dri Deodorant - HORRIBLE! Even with using and reapplying I would smell sometimes and that is just during a normal work day. People probably didn't want to be near me when I played sports. I convinced myself not to waste it and just use it up. And then it lasted forever. Glad it is gone and would never repurchase or recommend it

Aquaphor Advanced Therapy Ointment Body Spray - this was super lackluster. I need to be better about applying lotion and had this sample to try. The spray is just not a good application method for lotion. I shook the bottle and still it didn't distribute product evenly. The product also seemed to stay on top of the skin and you needed to rub it in. Well, if I'm going to rub lotion in I might as well put it in my hands to begin with. Also I didn't get many uses out of the sample bottle. So yep, not for me

Any additions from the spreadsheet will go here if needed:

Last Empties of 2018 (all loves)Last Empties of 2018 (all loves)

RE: Empties

Last empties of 2018

Spoiler
LOVES:
DeMamiel Summer Oil - one of my fave facial oils; unfortunately it's only available seasonally but it nourishes without feeling greasy

Neostrata Retinol Night Serum - received from Influenster; this was a pleasant surprise and was effective but gentle although I didn't like the silicone-y texture

Neostata Retinol Eye Cream - received from Influenster; this was a very nice retinol eye cream that didn't irritate my eyes although my regular cream seems better for dark circles than this

Overtone Vibrant Orange - fantastic deep treatment that kept my orange looking vibrant and conditioned and only needed to be used 1/week

Clarisonic Pedi - a regular repurchase; great for exfoliating heels

Dizziak Deep Conditioner - favourite new conditioner of the year that works fast and is extremely softening

Josh Rosebrook Vital Balm Cream - favourite face balm; a regular repurchase that has the texture of a cream while nourishing like a balm

DDG Ferulic Acid Retinol x2 - regular repurchase; very effective acid exfoliating treatment

Foreo Call It A Night x3 - favourite Foreo mask; super nourishing and hydrating 

Foreo Glow Addict - very plumping and brightening

Foreo H2Overdose - extremely hydrating

Indie Lee Rosehip Cleanser - loved this cleanser but have read that it's been reformulated so now I'm not sure if I love the old version or the new one; this one was easy to rinse off without stripping the skin

Vintners Daughter travel vial - mini tube from my travel bag, a regularly repurchased serum that gives great glow

Spoiler
Burts Bees Baby Shampoo - for washing my synthetic brushes; was fine but didn't lather much

Zoella Le Fizz - fizzy bath bomb but too strongly fragranced

Skin & Tonic Brit Beauty Oil - didn't do much of anything and sat on top of the skin

Yuli ME Skin Fuel - too greasy 

NARS Pore Primer - didn't cover pores well but does control oil

YTTP Adaptogen Deep Cream - alright but not nourishing enough for nighttime

Odacite Gr+G - travel vial 

Fresh Vitamin Nectar - not bad but not as hydrating as I want a mist to be

Saturday Skin Rub a Dub - didn't feel like it peeled much

Foreo Make My Day - fine but prefer the H2Overdose for nourishing and hydrating

I feel so accomplished whenever I finish a product. 😛 Mostly bc I have so much to work through. I ended up buying more of the bumbum cream bc it smells amazing!!! And, I would def repurchase the IGK texture spray once I go through a few other hair products

70425C24-1B88-4424-BE59-6E5C02186F97.jpeg

I discovered the Bum Bum Cream a few months ago, and I am in LOVE!!! Nothing can compare to that smell! 

Probably my last round of the year...here's my latest Trash Society contribution 😋

Notes in the spoilers 🙂 
YupYup

Spoiler
BBW candles are a love and staple; I adore their peppermint scents especially

Tinkle eyebrow razor: dunno how I ever survived before dermaplaning 😛

Biobelle Decadence mask: I haven't tried all of their masks yet, but so far this is my favorite mask from the only line of sheet masks I can actually call a love. Fits well, next to no scent, and hydrates like crazy. 

FineFine

Spoiler
Devacurl One Condition Delight: I hated Low-Poo, but this was a good conditioner for me. Nice moisture without being too heavy. I always followed it up with their leave-in conditioner, so it's hard to tell which did what, but the results from the combo were good. I have tons of other stuff to get through, but I'll be keeping my eyes peeled for more minis to give this another shot in the future

Sekkisei Kose Lotion: a nice toner. Non-acid, soothing. I likely won't buy it since I'm an Ulta slave, but would use it again

PTR Potent-C serum: ok, but not my fave...my tone seemed to backslide a bit while using this one, and while I have one more of these that I'll finish off in my AM routine, I have happily moved back to Exuviance at night, and feel like my skin already looks more even after just two uses.

Derma-E SunKissAlba Radiant Glow Face Oil: I liked this just fine...didn't clog me up or cause any sorts of problems. Happy to finish it off though, as a wide-mouth oil bottle should never be a thing...getting just a couple of drops was challenging some days lol

Wander Beauty Baggage Claim eye masks: These are fine...I never feel like I get much from eye masks, but these don't bother me, so I'll use them up

Ulta Starry Winter Nights sheet mask: Vaguely perfumey, but not terribly strong. The fit was pretty awful, but the results were good enough that I went to the site to add it to my loves list for a possible future filler...and saw they are gone. Whomp whomp.

NahNah

Spoiler
Erno Laszlo Pore Refining Detox Double Cleanse: I've never been particularly sensitive to anything skincare-wise (I am prone to clogged pores, but any sort of irritation or other sensitivity is completely unknown to me)...this is the first product I've ever tried that farked my skin up almost immediately. The first night I used it, I followed up with a clay mask (a staple that I've used for years, that has never ever bothered me before) and when I took the mask off, my skin was sunburn red. All night! I followed that up with multiple layers of hyaluronic serum, basic moisturizer, and oil...no acids, no actives, no nothing to further irritate my face. There was enough left in the packet to give it one more whirl the next night, and since I hadn't noticed a problem after cleansing/before masking the night before, I went for it...perhaps the mask was indeed the problem. After washing, sure enough, the redness started creeping back, and while my face didn't outright burn, I could feel that my skin was uncomfortable, like burning could start any second. I took the gentle routine route again and took a couple more days off from actives/clays/peels of any sort. I still need to try my clay mask again without this cleanser just to make sure my skin hasn't suddenly rejected it as well, but I really don't think it was the root of the problem.

Dermalogica Biolumen-C Serum: I think this was even less effective than the PTR for me...my tone really took a nose dive with this one.

Sulwhasoo Overnight Vitalizing Mask: fine for moisture, but I don't find it any better than many cheaper options I have. My skin has also been somewhat more congested of late, and while I have been a bit sample-crazy recently, I think this played a role in that.

Sheet Masks (Goodal Orchid Lifting and Pretty Animals Panda Calming😞 I pretty much automatically assume I'm going to hate a mask when I pull it out lol...neither of these impressed me enough to make it off that list. The Goodal has a milky serum, which freaks me out for some reason, and the Panda had just about the worst fit I've ever had in a sheet mask. Certainly wouldn't buy, and likely wouldn't even bother using again.       

IMG_3450.jpg

💖 the Indigo Cream @sockmagnet!

@eshoe I love the Indigo Cream too - I have a new one that I started on this morning, and another back-up one (got both for $68 each during the various sales). I probably won't crack open my replacement Water Cream (also bought on sale) until I use up a couple of travel sizes of different creams that I'm not as keen on but don't want to waste. Empties are a bit boring to post when they are just a batch of staples, but I like seeing what everyone else is using. 

I love seeing everyone’s empties @sockmagnet, when I discovered this thread I was pretty excited 😆

8,140 Replies
testing