Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Insiders
|

Empties

I love seeing other peoples empties! So I decided to make a board where people could post pictures of their empties, or just tell us about them! I'd also be interested in knowing whether you're repurchasing anything or not.

Re: Empties

718B8AA7-C281-4635-8E37-A0B585FD74BD.jpeg

So happy to be slowly killing my stash! 

Klorane dry shampoo: this is one of the better dry shampoos I’ve tried. Still creates some white cast, but not as bad as others. 

Dry bar dry shampoo: no no no no no! I hate the smell and it doesn’t work very well. The smell is awful and I can’t get past it. 

Boscia mud mask: still a love! 

dr jart exfoliator: still one of my favorite exfoliators, however I’ve found something I like even more and is cheaper! 

@pinyo I haven't tried that candle yet! I will have to try it! Thanks for sharing.

Best,
Rebecca

Drybar scent is so distinct. If I'm having a good day I love it and but if I have a headache it's an instant migraine! And it doesn't fade- good and bad! 

I totally hear you on the Drybar dry shampoo scent.  It is overwhelming and utterly gross.  I had to toss mine.  

Here's my latest batch o' trash...notes in the spoilers 😄 

StaplesStaples

Spoiler
BBW candles: Definitely a staple for me, and both of these are spicy, warm fall/winter scents that I adore

BBW body lotion (Peach Bellini): a summery scent for winter? Heck yeah, I'm usually backwards that way 😛 While I do layer their lotions with body oil in the winter for a bit more moisture, I don't have dry skin and generally find them to be hydrating enough for my needs most of the year.

Philosophy Purity Made Simple: basic cleanser that does the job well for me. I use it a couple of times a week with my Clarisonic. Not sure I'll ever have to buy more since samples are so plentiful, but I imagine it'll be in my routine for a long while nonetheless lol

Tarte Deep Dive Cleansing Gel: another basic that I doubt I'll ever run out of; I only use this one at night with my Foreo on makeup/sunscreen days. Works well, though I don't think I'd make it my daily cleanser...if I wore makeup more than a couple of times a week, I'd probably look for something else, as this can be a touch drying.

Like/FineLike/Fine

Spoiler
Tony Moly Pureness 100 Ginseng sheet mask: I'm trying to be better about posting more often so I don't forget the details of one-time things like this...but I really don't remember much about this one. I don't recall hating it, so perhaps it wasn't bad 😛

L'Oreal Pure Clay Yuzu Lemon mask: I really like all of L'Oreal's clays...I think they did great job with this line. Lightly citrus scented, and while it dries down, it's not a hard/tight dry. Softens right back up with a little warm water, and it has some exfoliating grains if you want to scrub (though I find them a bit too round to actually do much...they just kinda roll around under your fingers, so it's super-gentle in that regard). I will never ever run out of masks, but will absolutely use this one again...kinda hoping this becomes a staple repeat in Ulta bags 😄

Patchology Flashpatch Illuminating Eye Gels: not sure this really brightened or illuminated anything, but they felt nice on tired eyes and softened well. Would use again.

Kiehl's Creamy Eye Treatment: I shouldn't have put this one in here quite yet, but I wasn't thinking when I took my pics; I squeezed it into a small container so I didn't have to deal with the foil, and have only used it for 3 or 4 days now so I still have a ways to go on it. I do like it from what I've used to date...it doesn't take much, it's plenty moisturizing, and so far no clogging or milia.

SheaMoisture Daily Hydration Leave In Treatment: I really liked this; it's a lightweight spray that I used as a detangler/pre-combing spray, and it was (almost) impossible to overuse it...never weighed my fine hair down or made me greasy, and it helped give a bit of slip for combing. The scent was nice too, unusual for a hair product, a bit spicy, almost peppery, but soft enough to not overwhelm, and it dissipated relatively quickly. Would use again.

NahNah

Spoiler
Couldn't bring myself to finish either of these, so "nah" is a bit of an understatement

Victoria's Secret Hydrating Body Lotion: a bit too thin for me, and while this same scent in the body oil was ok on me, the lotion version smells rather mildewy on my skin. 

Dr. Andrew Weil for Origins Mega Bright Skin Illuminating Moisturizer: milia milia milia 😞

RE: Re: Empties

Tis The Season is one of my absolute favourite B&BW candles!

Re: RE: Re: Empties

@StyleLynn

Yaaassss, love the spicy warm scents! ❤️

Finally got through another foundation! I still unfortunately have 2 that will never be my color match ever again (apparently my undertone went from warm/golden to olive) so I’ll have to find a way to repurpose it...or perhaps toss. Nobody I know is a color match! 

Cant scrape out any more concealer either! I’ve had this for years, I can’t believe I finally finished it. 

This is my first time using hourglass powders... I think it’s so fine that i burn through the product very quickly!

1986EEDE-11B7-4FB1-B757-1BB3D04483B6.jpeg

7A48A8E9-B1F9-46C1-B6A3-0FED854A2BB8.jpeg

@pinyo,

What great empties. When I have a foundation that is not my exact match anymore, I tend to mix a lighter or darker shade into the foundation depending on if it is to light or dark. I mix it until it matches so I don't waste the foundation. I hope this helps! 

Best,

Rebecca 

IMG_20190109_221016_mh1547090223129.jpg

Finally have time to clear up my skincare empties in Winter 2018. I must say I did a great job and will continue to do so in 2019! Have a great skincare day!!!

Spoiler
Combo/oily skin, not sensitive
1. Av-at rose hydrosol: great pure rose water! Phenomenal price! - Will def repurchase!
2. Origins mushroom lotion: skin stabilizer! Must have! - Already purchased 
3. Cosrx snail essence: great extra steps in cold month. Works great on irritated skin. - Already repurchased.
4.  Cosrx pimple patches (not pictured, both BLK & red version): life saver! - still have backups.
5. EA prevage daily serum: radiance booster! Give me a well rested glow! So underrated! - still have backups.
6. Perrcone cold plasma: My HG! Stabilizing my skin & preventing breakouts! Glow booster! - Already repurchased new version.
7. Mario B rose water: like but not that love. - might repurchase.
8. Murad lightening serum: Wow! It truly works! - Already repurchased.
9. JMSolurions: sheet masks (not pictured): I used up about 25 pcs in three month! Highly recommend! Love the Pearl line! - still have backups!
10. Perrcone cloud cream (not pictured): Looooove! Super fast absorbing! Light weight but still keep my skin hydrated. (Will open a new jar in spring/summer) - still have backups.

I was awful at posting for the entirety of 2018, and I'm hoping to change that in 2019!  I did keep track of all my empties via pictures for the year, even without posting though... My last batch of empties for 2018 was Decembers.  

December

16 loves

16 goods

17 won't buy's

49 empties

My goal for 2018 was to use up 365 items, be they foils, samples or full size.  My goal for 2019 is to increase my number from 409 empties to 500.  I'm hoping this helpnot gonna buy againnot gonna buy again

not gonna buy againnot gonna buy againIMG_1941.jpgIMG_1940.jpg

lol... I guess this is why I haven't updated in a while... If any one has any questions about any of the products let me know!  

-- Can we edit a post once it's made?  I'm gonna need some practice if I'm going to post more lol!

@missjeanie At the bottom right of the post, there is 3 dots. Click on those 3 dots and a menu will appear, and you'll see the option to edit.

Screen Shot 2019-01-05 at 8.27.17 PM.png

AHHHH! lol I love it! Thank You @suzyo

@missjeanieUnidentified

Yep, you can edit! Click the three grey dots in the bottom right of your post; edit should be an option 😊

Thank You so much @RGbrown!  I'll get the hang of this yet! lol

I edit out spelling/grammatical errors on mine all the time, @missjeanie😊

Empties

December empties. My loves are repurchase products. Likes are possible product repurchases. I cannot repurchase the Smashbox Dark Lip Primer, which makes me sad. My skin also has improved this year that I no longer need the Becca Ever Matte Primer nor the Murad Rapid Relief. My breakouts were few this year. Plus I learned Salicylic Acid was too harsh. Once I discontinued my active breakout time was even less. Success! Looking forward to another year of more healthier skin.

December empties

Spoiler

IMG_0824.JPG

@suzyo Have you tried Olaplex No4? It's like bathing your hair in silk! 

Hmmm ok I’ll have to try this. Thanks for tip @GG8!!!

8,134 Replies
testing