Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Insiders
|

Empties

I love seeing other peoples empties! So I decided to make a board where people could post pictures of their empties, or just tell us about them! I'd also be interested in knowing whether you're repurchasing anything or not.

Re: Empties

Curious about the wander mascara, what didn’t you like about it?

It is super black but also very dry and leaves little chunks on your lashes.  I also had some flaking.  Nothing serious but here are too many mascaras out there to be dealing with flaking. @melash 

Oh man that's a bummer it didn't work for you @heartsmyface ! I love this one. Got it twice in subs so far lol 😄

Well, if I ever get it again i know which way to send it now! 😄 @Mcakes 

I do love Wanders foundation stick.  It’s beautiful and thick for full coverage days.  It’ll be in my empties soon enough:)

Awesome empties @heartsmyface !  What brand of lipstick is that that made the repurchase list?

Ciate pretty stix in sweetheart.  My go to pink.  It’s super moisturizing and easy to wear.  I called it on this tube cause it was getting annoying digging in there with a makeup brush to get the lipstick out.  @missjeanie 

@heartsmyface I haven't tried much from Ciate, so its' good to hear a great review.  Once a lipstick is at the point that I need to dig into it with a brush, it becomes annoying for me, so I understand.  Plus in this day when we (most BIC members) have so many lip products, a re-purchase means a lot of high praise!  I'll have to check them out next time I'm in store to see colours!

Ha, yeah I guess that is the best praise there is!  All the lipsticks I actually use down to the bullet are in this same pink family.   I was turned onto these lipsticks in particular by Tarababyz a long while back so I owe this find to her. @missjeanie  

@heartsmyface I love her!  Tara is one of my favourite youtubers.  Actually one of maybe 3 or 4 I watch religiously! It was because of our mutual love of MUFE shadows that I first tried the Viseart on her recommendation! Love to see she gets some love from others here!

I was going to wait and do a full month of empties, but my bag 'o trash was overflowing.  A lot of deluxe samples and a few full size.

mid Feb Yes.jpg

I loved the Korres Body Butter.  This particular scent came in my FFF box and was perfect for the holidays.  I'm sad that it's all gone.  I didn't love the L'Occitane hand lotion--it was more of a lotion than a cream even though it was in a tube--but I really liked the smell.  The Verb Hydrating Shampoo 12 oz/ 355 mLand Verb Hydrating Conditioner 12 oz/ 355 mLare great and I'll probably buy them once I get through the year+ of shampoo and conditioners I'm stockpiled on.  The DIOR - Diorshow Mascara

is great, and the Buxom Full-On™ Plumping Lip Polish Gloss Dollyhas a yummy mint taste and gives just enough plump without going overboard.

mid feb meh.jpg

These are things I like enough to use but wouldn't buy.  The Crabtree & Evelyn came from a hotel stay, I'm kind of over the scent but do like the lather.  The Briogeo Don’t Despair, Repair!™ Super Moisture Shampoo for Damaged Hair 16 oz/ 473 mL

is really thick and almost too moisturizing, you almost don't need a conditioner after it.  The L'occitane Shampoo--I LOVE the smell of this, but it's just too drying for my hair.  The KIEHL'S SINCE 1851 - Cilantro & Orange Extract Pollutant Defending Maskhas a great scent, but it feels sticky.  I'm not sure it really made a huge difference.  The OLEHENRIKSEN - Banana Bright Eye Crèmewas fine, but there are other products that work better.  The Moroccanoil Protect & Prevent Spray 5.4 oz/ 160 mLand actually worked better as a styling product than I expected, but I'm not keen on the scent.

mid feb no.jpg

Not sure how the two shampoos got into both photos, see above notes.  The Tresemme hairspray is what happens when you realize you have run out of your favorite brand while getting ready for a meeting in a hotel room.  This stuff goes on wet and dries like glue.  Just say no.  The KOPARI - Coconut Melt is just ick.  You have to dig your finger in to get it out, it's greasy and takes forever to soak in, and I was using it on my feet at bedtime because the scent was overpowering and they were definitely much dryer after two weeks of use than before.  One of the worst products ever.  The KIEHL'S SINCE 1851 - Calendula & Aloe Soothing Hydration Maskis slimey.  Regardless of how lightly I applied it, it would drip down my face.  I don't understand how anyone enjoys using this mask.

I wonder if it matters what type of skin you have when you use the Kiehl's Calendula and Aloe Mask. I have dry skin and it just seems to soak it all up. I slap it on, and it doesn't budge, but I do agree with that slimy feeling. That would be the only downside keeping me from repurchasing it. 

I really love the Verb shampoo and conditioner! 

Empties

February mid month empties. No absolute hates this month yet! the bottom row was meh....mostly due to the smell. Be berry peel off was clear but it was a good mask. The dead sea has iffy DE as a top ingredient & it's made in China so the mystery of the actual ingredients made me destash after trying once. (thanks again for the knowledge @keana1😉) Not bad. 16 so far.

Empties

Recent empties, not including the foils that I used. The SK-II has about 2 pumps left but I wanted to recycle the other items so I just took the picture 🙂

Dr. Dennis Gross Skincare Alpha Beta® Extra Strength Daily Peel Pads 30 Treatments + 5 Bonus

The Ordinary Niacinamide 10% + Zinc 1% Oil Control Serum 1 oz/ 30 mL

OUIDAD - Curl Recovery™ Melt–Down Extreme Repair Mask

SK-II - Facial Treatment Cleansing Oil

Hi @curlychiquita,

Awesome skincare empties! Thanks for sharing!

Best,

Rebecca 

Empties

January Empties.. Lots of product exploring last month. I enjoyed the Shikaki powder for my hair. Perfumes were all fun and enjoyable to wear. Rose lip mask was A+. Even the nail remover wipes were wonderful. And of course all the skincare was great and repurchases.

Great skincare, @IndyQT317!

February empties Loves ❤️Loves ❤️F1E404F0-6100-49E1-B998-D49151FEE321.jpegAEE18F55-0E1B-4677-AB68-0D538A15CF80.jpeg

love that caudalie sorbet!

love that caudalie sorbet!

2nd picture = Nopes 

3rd picture = Meh

Somehow my comments for the last 2 pictures didn’t show up! 🤷🏻‍♀️

I feel like this is a lot of trash for one week, though a few things are more like declutters and I probably should have split them out. I need to do a massive declutter post anyways, so maybe I'll go back and do that too 😋

Notes in the spoilers!

LoveLove

Spoiler
BBW candles: perennial favorite for me

Missoni EDT: I typically don't like this category of scents, it's a bright, fruity-floral mix, but something about it speaks to me in a way most don't. I doubt I'd ever break down and buy a full size, but I hoard samples of it and have a few more ready to go.

Smashbox Primerizer: I have a bigger bottle as well, but like to finish up foils when I have them. This is a great way to add one more layer of moisture, which has been oh-so-necessary for me this winter.

Cotz Face Natural Tinted SPF40: a surprising love for me. It's thick and silicone-y, and does a fabulous job of evening things out just a bit. It never pills or separates or does anything other than just disappear on my skin. Under my Bareminerals tinted moisturizer or all by itself, this is my go-to sunscreen. I have a couple more samples, and also bought a full size.

Bareminerals Complexion Rescue: Great for when I want a little more coverage than my sunscreen provides, but still a natural, light coverage. Doesn't emphasize my pores or do anything I don't want it to do. I have more samples, but will be grabbing a full size at some point too.

BBW White Cherry Blossom shower gel: Long discontinued, but this was my favorite (and only) scent for years. Florals aren't my thing at all, but this was one of the rare ones that spoke to me. If it ever comes back, I'll probably grab a bottle or two just to have it again, even though I have no business buying any body care at all 😛

Bumble and bumble Pret-a-Powder Tres Invisible Dry Shampoo: I do believe this has become my favorite dry shampoo. A touch of volume but without any sticky or stiff product feel, and my hair looks cleaner without being dull. I can get 4 uses out of these teeny tiny cans, so it doesn't take much either. It's more than I want to spend on dry shampoo, and I have tons of others in my cabinet to go through, but I do see myself shelling out for a full size at some point (and I will certainly be hoarding every sample I can get my hands on) 

Fine and dandyFine and dandy

Spoiler
Leaders Aquaringer sheet mask: faint, fresh scent, fit was ok with minor snips, excellent hydration, and super-thin, almost second-skin like fabric. All in all I was pleased, though I found the texture of the serum to be borderline slimy, which kept it from being a true love. Would use again, might even buy with a good sale, but Biobelle still tops my faves list.

Purlisse Green Tea and Vitamin C Brightening Sheet Mask: dangit, I can't remember a single thing about it 😛 I take that to mean I didn't hate it...that would have been memorable lol

Clinique All About Eyes: fine, nothing special. Lightweight, decent moisture, but no wow factor. Would use again, but only after I finish all of my fancy samples, like SK-II and Shiseido and Kora 😛

Skyn Iceland gels (forehead, smile lines, and eyes): just plain fun, and they feel good. The neighbor caught me wearing them though, which is always an interesting moment hahahaha (he's in his late 60's/early 70's, so I'm not sure what was going through his mind, but the startled look and double-take was priceless). I dunno that I love them enough to actually buy, but I'll keep using what I have and collecting them in various gwp's.

All the nopesAll the nopes

Spoiler
Cleaned out a bunch of scents; the basic gist is that Derek Lam is not the house for me (I had a 10pc sampler, and I think I've now gotten rid of 8 or 9 of them), and while I do love some MMR scents, there are plenty of theirs that I don't like. These are all declutters, save one that is actually empty (Derek Lam Rain Day)...it was nice enough as a pillow scent, but turned vile on my skin.

Bare Republic Face Tinted Sunscreen SPF30: when it worked, it was a great, lightweight sunscreen. It was sooooo prone to pilling though, even if I waited 30+ minutes after my skincare to apply it. And any routine could be fine one day, then it would pill like crazy after the same exact routine the next day. Mostly used it up on my arms and body, though I wasn't wild about the tint for that. It's about 90% done, so I guess this is a 10% declutter 😛

OFRA Vitamin C Cleanser: stripping, drying, and irritating. It's also incredibly watery, which was awkward to use, and it burned my eyes like crazy.

Phyto Specific Curl Legend Curl Cream: I've never used any Phyto before, and was excited to check out what I consider to be a fairly fancy brand, but this was just weird, and not right for me. The look of it was unexpected...it's a super-glossy cream, like patent leather glossy, fully opaque, bright white...it almost looked like silicone caulk coming out of the tube lol. First day hair was fine, but on days two and three, my hair looked limp, scraggly, and shaggy. Meh.

8,134 Replies
testing