Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Insiders
|

Empties

I love seeing other peoples empties! So I decided to make a board where people could post pictures of their empties, or just tell us about them! I'd also be interested in knowing whether you're repurchasing anything or not.

Re: Empties

The Coco Cabana scent did not agree with me, which was quite disappointing because I LOVE coconut scents. I have the mist and the shimmer oil on my list of things to try next, and I definitely want to try the scrub and body wash!

I’ve tried the body wash and their tinted oils 👍 next will be the body scrub.  I haven’t tried the açai one (purple).  

Latest batch o' trash! No duds at all this week (yay!)

IMG_20190414_143820910.jpg

Spoiler
Clairol Hair Food Dry Shampoo: a nice contender. Doesn't leave my hair stiff or sticky, there's next to no white stuff to begin with, so it's hard to overdo it, and the scent is pleasantly fruity, plus it works really well. I still like Bumble's aerosol just a tad more, but the price on this one is much nicer. I would definitely reuse this and would even buy again if I had room on my dry shampoo shelf.

Pacifica Energized Glow Turmeric Spice Facial Mask: the heart shaped eyes surprisingly fit me ok, but overall, the fit of this mask is just weird...it's super skinny (as in 1/3 of my cheeks weren't covered) and it's also super long...I have  a massive forehead, and this still manages to come way up into my hairline (and the chin hangs way down too). Meanwhile, I had to make pretty serious adjustments around the mouth...it's tiny. The scent was light and fruity, and overall it was a pleasant mask...it falls into the "fine" category for me. I wouldn't buy again, but I'd use more if I had them.

H2O+ Oasis Water-Infused Hydrating Gel Eye Mask: would use again if I had them, just to not waste them, but I've never felt the H2O masks do much of anything for me.

Tinkle razor: dermaplaning staple. I've never used any other brands, and I have been quite content with these.

Versace Bright Crystal: light, a little fruity, a little floral. Not the typical scent I go for, but I like this one every now and again. I'm working on finishing off a body lotion in this scent, so I've been reaching for my EDT samples to layer with it.

Oribe Gold Lust Repair & Restore Shampoo: I was shocked that this a complete and total dupe of the TIGI S Factor Health shampoo I've got in my shower (which I love). Like the product, but not the price lol

Klorane Keratin Strength Anti-Hair Loss Concentrate: I meant to leave this out...I have a second mini in progress right now and wanted to get a better feel for the product before reviewing. So far, I'm intrigued. I do seem to pull less hair out with brushing/combing. Might consider a full size bottle at some point for further testing if I come across a good deal.

Algenist Genius Ultimate Anti-Aging Eye Cream: even a tiny packet reconfirmed my true love for this product; I am so so so sad that Ulta has axed the brand, as I was steeling myself up to buy a jar at some point. This really does help smooth out the finest of my lines (I never expect to get rid of the deeper ones, but this stuff still works wonders as far as I can tell), and it's the perfect moisture for me without being too heavy. 

Perricone MD Cold Plasma Plus+ Neck & Chest: didn't notice at first that this has SPF in it...I had intended to use it at night, and I wondered why it was so thick with a whitish-cast lol. This is "perfectly fine but wouldn't buy"...I don't think a separate neck cream is a necessity.

NARS Climax mascara: I liked this, in a "it's nice but still doesn't displace my favorite" way. If I wore it on a bare-faced/no eye primer day, it was prone to giving me raccoon eyes, but on full face days, it stayed in place with no smudging or flaking. It gave me nice volume and a bit of length. I dislike the brush though.

H2O+ Aquadefense Refining Matcha Detox Mask: didn't realize this was a peel-off until I used it, and I probably would have passed if I had realized it was. "Detox" made me assume clay, and heaven forbid I read instructions before using a new mask lol. For a peel-off, it wasn't bad. It came off easily with next to no residue or little bits left over, and it's actually the first peel-off I've ever been able to get off in one piece. It's also a fun kelly green with shimmer in it. If you like peel-offs, this one is worth a try.

Too Faced Shadow Insurance: TF has never been a brand I was interested in, so it was a bit of a surprise to me how much I liked this. My lids are super-oily, UD Primer Potion is prone to fail on me, and I wasn't expecting much more from this, but it worked really well. I think it failed me once? Maybe? I can't even recall. My only issue is that it starts to separate over time, and now I'm getting oily goop out instead of primer. I would use a mini again, but I don't think I'd ever buy a tube...I don't use it quickly enough to justify throwing half or more out once it starts going bad.  

@RGbrown So happy to hear that you loved these products!

Best,
Rebecca

I love your mini reviews @RGbrown , hearing why people like/dislike a product is so helpful!  I hope you end up liking the NARS eye primer.  It's my holy grail.... and now that I think of it... probably the only product I have that I could use that term for!

@missjeanie 

Aw, glad you like my reviews! I enjoy reading them too, so I like to prattle on for a bit lol.

I'm really liking NARS so far. In the end for me, price wins when performance is similar, so I'll probably keep rebuying Smashbox when I need to, but will happily use NARS when I can get a deal or a mini. 😁

That's a pretty fair assessment on the primer @RGbrown .  I'll have to keep an eye out for a sample of the smashbox and give it a shot sometime.  I usually only use one tube of the nars a year, so I don't really use a ton, but I'm game to give something else a go for sure!

Prattle away!  I love reading the reviews on this thread!  Something that someone hated for x reason may be someone else love for y reason!

Looks like you had a decent amount of empties @RGbrown! I had that same separation issue with the Too Faced Shadow Primer. Have you tried the
SMASHBOX - 24 Hour Photo Finish Shadow Primer? The Urban Decay Primer Potion never worked for me either, but the Smashbox primer was a game changer.

I tried the sample and it was pretty good.  I didn’t like the foundation.  Not for my skin but my daughter says it works great for her.  She didn’t like the primer yet I did lol. 

I love the Smashbox primer as well! It makes my shadows go on super vibrant and also true to the pan shade.

❤️ Melissa

@sephoraaddict918 

I ADORE the Smashbox primer, and have a full size waiting in the wings 😁 I was curious to compare NARS though, so I'm testing a mini of it right now (and so far so good!)

Oooh ... I haven't tried the NARS, so I will have shake things up a bit and give that one a try too.

Empties

March empties. Loves are all repurchases. I picked up a full size of the Lancome curl booster during the Ulta 21 days of beauty sale. The Too Faced black tube is actually their mascara remover cleansing oil. The 'Okay' products weren't enough time for me to have an opinion. An example, The Sugar Bear Hair vitamins were taste good, but clearly no results from a one week trial. The Treehut scrub, California Mango jelly and Mario spray are products I did enjoy, but they belonged in the final group. I wanted to use those up because I was bored with them and wanted to try other items purchased. I would reconsider repurchasing down the road though. The 'Declutter' group were products I needed to get rid or for various reasons: allergy discovery, expiration, or boredom. Those products I will not be repurchasing.

@IndyQT317 Love seeing what you thought of all of these products!

Best,
Rebecca

Really nice empties @IndyQT317!!! I got the Lancome lash primer during the Ulta 21 Days of Beauty, and I'm absolutely loving it too! It's definitely going to become a staple in my makeup routine.

RE: Empties

I panned this enormous thing of cream. This cream used to belong to my mom. She bought it at the beginning of her cancer journey in 2014. She died in 2016, and left about 1/2 of the jar. I found it and decided to use it up at the beginning of 2019. I used the last of it yesterday. I miss my mom. She was 55 when she passed almost three years ago. I also used these two serums from the Drunk Elephant Littles collection. I have all the full sizes, but prefer the small ones because they are so darned cute.

Re: RE: Empties

Sorry for your loss @Marathoner422 . Im glad you were able to honor her memory and pan this cream.

My condolences to you. The cream has a bit of sentiment f...

My condolences to you. The cream has a bit of sentiment for you. Mom started the jar and you finish it. That has so many emotions for me when I read this. Bittersweet. I appreciate you sharing your story💗

My condolences @Marathoner422 I'm glad you could finish what she started and that you found a way to bring back her memory through that.

RE: Re: RE: Empties

Thanks, I did! I also have one of her makeup brushes that I use. I think of her every time I see it.

Oh my, such a bittersweet experience it must have been to finish that cream @Marathoner422. I'm so sorry for your loss. Good job on your empties. And you're right, the small ones are super cute!

8,134 Replies
testing