Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Insiders
|

Empties

I love seeing other peoples empties! So I decided to make a board where people could post pictures of their empties, or just tell us about them! I'd also be interested in knowing whether you're repurchasing anything or not.

Re: Empties

I haven't tried any of the Garnier masks yet @2manyperfumes .  Great suggestion for one I can grab at so many retailers!

Thanks @missjeanie @faeriegirl  my daughters were using them and telling me how much they liked them.  The pomegranate one is our favourite.  I gave my sister-in-law several different ones to try and she said the garnier ones were her faves.  

More empties! 

Notes in the spoiler! 😊

IMG_20190504_174848971.jpg

Spoiler
Patchology Illuminate sheet mask: fine. Light scent, fit ok, decent moisture. Nothing spectacular, but would use again.

Carol's Daughter Hair Milk Leave In Conditioner: there are not enough no's that I can type to express my feelings for this. It left my fine hair an oily mess. By day two, my hair was hanging in greasy clumps, and I normally go 3-4 days between washes. I tried it twice, using next to nothing the second time, and still was a greaseball all the way up to my roots by the next morning. I hadn't felt that bad about my hair since high school 😮

Elemis Superfood Day Cream: perfectly fine, but I'm glad I finished it off now, as it was getting a bit too heavy for my oily summer skin in the humid south. Drier types or those in drier climates would possibly like it year round. The scent is herbal, not overly heavy, but noticeable; I found it relatively inoffensive, but generally dislike the brand's heavy use of fragrance overall (it is about halfway up a very extensive ingredient list). Would use again if I had no other options, but Elemis hasn't impressed me enough in my limited experience with the brand to make me overly excited to get more.

Philosophy Purity Made Simple Cleanser: a staple for me; it's so prevalent in gwp's that I never seem to run out, and I don't mind it as my cleanser when I use my Clarisonic. 

Crest 3D White Whitestrips: I have some tooth sensitivity, and using these on back to back days wasn't ideal for me. I started off great with one every 2-3 days, but then I kept forgetting about them and it has taken me about a year to finish off the box 😛 I do like the results, even with such intermittent use, and have another box on hand to keep up my slacker schedule.

Ulta Brightening Yuzu Fruit mask: perfectly fine, especially for the dollar or so I paid. Light scent, fits relatively well, and provides good moisture...that's about all I look for in a sheet mask since any other brightening/tightening or more involved benefits require regular use which I'm not going to commit to. Like this one fine, would use again (and will, since I have more), and would even buy again if they were still available and cheap.

Kate Somerville +Retinol Vita C Power Serum: I felt like I had to use a lot. It's a thick serum (I hesitate to even call it a serum, it's more lotion-y in texture) that absorbed really quickly, in a "I don't know if I can spread it fast enough" sort of way. It's hard to tell any results from a retinol or C product with a small amount, but my skin didn't seem to backslide while I was using it, so I suppose it worked just fine.

Eucerin Intensive Repair Foot Creme: thin for a cream, but does a decent job of keeping my feet soft. Would use again, but this is (finally) my last tube, and I'm excited to move on to other brands in my stockpile.

Klorane Keratin Strength Anti-Hair Loss Concentrate: This is my second (and last) mini. I was kinda intrigued by the first one as I felt like I pulled out less hair while combing after a wash, but had a hard time telling a difference with the second bottle. I dunno...would try again, but doubt I'll get around to purchasing.

Tweezerman Dermaplaner: I've only ever used one other brand (Tinkle) and have been happy with it, but was excited to try something Ulta carries so I could spend some points on it. These are awful compared to the Tinkles though...they somehow shred my skin and yet manage to leave hair intact in the process. I also did not realize how necessary a long handle is to me...sometimes I just can't see around my hand while having to hold this one near the blade. Trying to get to my temples while still maintaining visibility was a challenge. I have two more from the pack that I'm not terribly excited to use, and absolutely won't be rebuying.  

Thanks for the detailed review @rgbrown! I've been intere...

Thanks for the detailed review @RGbrown! I've been interested in dermaplaning, but never mustered up the courage to shave my face. Maybe one day...

Re: Thanks for the detailed review @rgbrown! I've been intere...

@angelKiss24 

Dermaplaning is great! (Well, as long as you have good razors...I highly recommend Tinkle, and they're cheap on Amazon). I was really nervous about starting, but it's pretty quick and simple, and really makes a difference. I love how much better my makeup looks now, without all that peach fuzz. And it does a nice job of exfoliating as well, so it's a win win for me 😊

Re: Thanks for the detailed review @rgbrown! I've been intere...

@RGbrown, I'll keep Tinkle in mind for when I can actually pull the trigger.  Thanks!

I am horrible at remembering to use white strips too @RGbrown! I need to get some more😊

@faeriegirl @missjeanie 

I am the world's worst with anything that has to be used occasionally. For me it's either every day or completely forgotten 😂

Speaking of... @eshoe, that reminds me, I think I bought a box of Biore strips recently and forgot all about them. Maybe I can show it off in next year's empties 😋

See that’s just what would happen to me if I didn’t have reminders @RGbrown. In fact, I wouldn’t doubt it if mine were a year old.

@faeriegirl @missjeanie I only remember to use my Biorè strips when someone else on the masking thread uses them 😄

@RGbrown We're on the same white strips schedule! lol 

RE: Empties

Time to recycle my empties. Starting with the masks. Winners include the Lemon Candy and Bio-Zeus. Good include Laneige Water Sleeping, Dermal Pomegranate, Dr. Jart+ Hydration Lover, and Huangjisoo Red Fruits. Meh include Huangjisoo Broccoli (touch dry at the recommended 15 minutes) and Leaders Brightening (underwhelming at price point $7). Total busts include Tatcha and Marine Energy; both dried way too early. Tatcha is way overpriced and dried early and Marine had an annoying gimmicky package and also dried early. TM white sleeping pack is a winner and I already reordered. Skin Food Peach Sake Emulsion saved my skin duringthe harsh winter and I will get it next winter if it’s still around;it’s like a watery lotion. Klairs cleanser is overrated. It couldn’t get off my mascara. The TM Vital Vita 12 samples were A++, right now they are redundant in my routine but I will keep them in mind, they all had such a delicious citrus scent upon application. Skyn Iceland Berry Lip Fix was functional, but I hate the gritty feeling. Sample of Strivectin SdAdvanced Intensive Concentrate really did fade a purple stretch mark andhas a minty scent. Totally recommend. Sample of Amika dry shampoo worked great. Totally recommend. Sample of Clinique dramatically different moisturizing lotion. Great thin lotion for dry skin, totally recommend. Sample of Tatcha Dewy skin cream is a bust, felt gross and never fuller absorbed even with the thinnest of applications. Overhypedand overpriced. Sample of Murad Eye Lift firming treatment was a winner, I’ll totally purchase this in the future. The Face Shop Rose water hand lotion is a good lotion, recommend. Sample of Origins rose clay mask, great and will purchase. Philosophy microdelivery exfoliating face wasis already a staple in my routine. And lastly three perfume samples that I liked and have or will purchase. Oh and the Burt’s Bees micellar wipes are a staple for me.

@weetart, I'm a big fan of Dr. Jart masks... glad to see...

@Weetart, I'm a big fan of Dr. Jart masks... glad to see you like them too!

RE: @weetart, I'm a big fan of Dr. Jart masks... glad to see...

@angelKiss24 they are great! I have a little stash from when they were 50% off. The fact the essence/ampoule/serum comes in a little cup makes it so much sense and you can really pile it on your face, plus the gel masks are primo and really seal it in so your face doesn’t dry out.

Re: RE: @weetart, I'm a big fan of Dr. Jart masks... glad to see...

@Weetart, I hear you on the serum in a cup! If you like the way the gel works to keep the serum from drying out on your skin, you might like these reusable silicone mask covers. They go over your masks and loops around your ear to keep in place. I use these over all my masks and the stay moist for over 30 mins everytime - extending the time for the serums to penetrate.  These come in one piece and two piece, I prefer the two piece for a better fit.20190508_210750.jpg

Re: RE: @weetart, I'm a big fan of Dr. Jart masks... glad to see...

@angelKiss24 oh say whaaaaat? I somehow have missed this. Thank you for bringing it to my attention!!!

Re: RE: Empties

Nice mask empties @Weetart! About how long did it take you to get through all of these? That Skyn Berry stuff was so gritty; I am pretty sure I finally gave up and decluttered mine. The Bio-Zeup looks interesting - would love to know the brand on it, I zoomed in but couldn't read it. Thanks for the thorough reviews, I was going to ask about the Klairs but re-read and see your notes 🙂

@eshoe Thanks! Thats about 6 days of stuff. And sorry I forgot to put the brand for the Bio-Zeup! It is Enature. I’ve also tried their Squeeze Green watery and Vita-8 and liked them as well. They are also $2.50 which is a bonus. 

Oh cool, thank you @Weetart! You do a lot of masking in a week😊 I may have tried a mask by Enature, if not I’m going to add it to my try list.

Great empties @Weetart! That is good to know about the Tatcha mask I almost got that one and now I’m glad i didn’t.

RE: Re: RE: Empties

@faeriegirl it was a real disappointment! everyone seems to like the brand so I thought I’d give the mask a try.
8,134 Replies
testing