I love seeing other peoples empties! So I decided to make a board where people could post pictures of their empties, or just tell us about them! I'd also be interested in knowing whether you're repurchasing anything or not.
We stayed at the Le Bua in Bangkok (the hotel in Hangover II). They replenished the amenities a couple of times a day. The bar soaps are rose fragrance, in a Stella McCartney way rather than a grandama soap kind of way. Really generously sized, too. The hotel is also amazing for roof top cocktails!
I don't mind the PTR products - completely agree about the more masculine scent.
I may have to snaffle something for you, if we ever get back there. Thailand is fairly accessible from Australia. My poor partner was a bit surprised/embarrassed by my little hoard when he saw me unpack my suitcase at home. I must admit my heart sinks a little when I walk into a hotel room and there's a generic tube of something sitting on the vanity. First world problems, I know.
Re: Empties[ Edited ]
I almost always take the amenities from the room when I leave. Samples are the best, so it is one of my favorite parts of traveling. We traveled more than a dozen times in the past 12 months (and I got something from every hotel, even the Sheraton ones at the beginning of the year). By the end of the year, I was over taking Shine products, so I left without any from our late August stay. I can think of one worse than generic amenities at hotels. My MIL planned our April trip and used her time share. I never bring items hotels carry, so part of our April stay was disappointing (we stayed at the Ritz near Lake Tahoe without her at the beginning of the trip and at one of the Sheratons near Disneyland at the end of that trip). The time share she booked had no amenities other than bar soap, dish soap and laundry detergent. It was a Wyndham property, and while that is not my favorite hotel chain, we had stayed there a few times in the past. They always had amenities, so I never would have expected to arrive to none. There was no gift shop either, so we had to go shopping for shampoo and conditioner once the stuff I took from the Ritz was gone.
Thanks. It is awesome that Thailand is easily accessible for you. I've always wanted to go to Australia as well, so it's pretty cool you get to live there.
buh-bye october...and empties!!!
- revlon colorstay whipped
- anastasia brow whiz
- bare minerals mineral veil
- shisedio cleansing whips
- soft soap coconut scrub
- elucence skin hydrating elixer
- vaseline problem skin therapy
- korres body milk
- elf makeup mist & set
- too faced shadow insurance
- equate cleansing towelettes
- biotherm hand and nail treatment
- belvado cocnut lip butter
- skiinn olive & enzyme cleaner
- boscia detoxifying black cleanser
- nars pro prime
- origins plantscription serum
- lancome bi facial
- algenist repairing oil
- clarins extra firming night cream
- clarins super restorative day cream
- clarins dydra quench cream mask
- clarins toning lotion
- clinique repair wear eye cream
- tarte brightening primer
- ud perversion mascara
- clarisonic gel cleanser
- too faced better than sex mascara
- mufe smokey extravagant mascara
- benefit bad gal lash
- marc jacob mascara
WAHHHHHHHHH: dried out when i opened
- guerlain maxi lash
- dior addict it-lash
- devacurl one condition
- boscia tsubaki cleansing oil
- sephora brush wipes
- algenist micropolish & peel
- nars smudge proof shadow base
- glam glow youth mud tinglexfoliate
- glamglow eye treatment
- biore pore perfect
- benefit they're real remover
Re: Empties[ Edited ]
Is it weird that I always picture you as extremely well groomed, because you have so many empties each month? That or you're well groomed and smart for tossing the items that do not work for you. My stupid self will keep using items I hate, because I paid for them and hate wasting money.
I really like They're Real Remover. It is the only They're Real thing I think Benefit got right. Sorry you did not like it.
I've been trying to wear makeup a little more often. Working from home (and only part time at that), there are days I never leave the house. There are other days I leave the house only to get my sons to/from school. I usually do not put makeup on if it will be viewed for less time than it takes me to apply it. I just need more places to go.
I tend not to skimp when I use something, too. The Becca primer I am sampling right now keeps peeling off my face when I use my Algenist moisturizer but works fine over La Mer. I am either using too much Algenist, which is causing the Becca to pick it up and move it around or the products are not compatible. It is hard to overuse the La Mer sample, because the way it comes out of the bottle. Plus, I love it and have no intention of buying i any time soon, so I am using it very conservatively (odd for me).
Wow, look at all those empties! I'm super impressed. I need to start taking pictures of mine again!
I've been hesitant on the They're Real remover... what did you like/dislike about it?
it was ok...it got my eye makeup off...but it was nothing special. it reminded me of the mufe sens eyes...but i like that better! it was just an average cream remover.
I realized I can't keep my empties anymore! It stresses me out to have it just sitting around >_<
But I did FINALLY go through a travel size of an ojon shampoo, mean while I went through a liter of conditioner , curly girl hair and all that. I know I've been through some OH truth serum sample packs as well I love that stuff!
Loves: Have repurchased, will repurchase
Carol's Daughter Black Vanilla Shampoo
Phyto Phytodensium Serum
Likes: May or may not repurchase
PTR Laser Free Eye Serum
Ole Henriksen Sheer Transformation
Becca Ever Matte Poreless Priming Perfector
Perricone MD Vitamin C Ester 15
Sephora Pomegranate Mask
Sephora Cotton Pads
Clean Skin Perfume
Dislike: Won't repurchase
Josie Maran Argan Oil Hair Serum
Sephora Waterproof Liquid Eyeliner (throwing this out, can't stand to use it anymore)
Josie Maran Black Oil Mascara (throwing this out, can't stand to use it anymore)
Make Up For Ever Mascara (throwing this out, can't stand to use it anymore)
Carol's Daughter Black Vanilla gets my curly hair clean without stripping or tangling it. That being said, her Tui line has always been my favorite, but Target didn't have any when I went to get some, so I went back to using Black Vanilla. The one downside to CD is that she has changed her formulas so many times over the years, it's hard to keep track. I feel like everytime I use a bottle, it's different than what I remember. Even so, I still haven't found anything to replace it as my staple haircare line.
Re: Empties[ Edited ]
I have so many empties over the past few months that I recycled to ORIGINS.
"Bring any cosmetic brand empty container into any Origins retail store & we’ll recycle it for you for FREE. All returned packing is sent back to a central location where products will be recycled or used for energy recovery."
- Origins Checks & Balances
- Kiss My Face Moisture Shave (Peaceful Patchouli)
- Kiss My Face Moisturizer (Lavender & Shea)
- Skin Food Black Sugar Face Scrub (Korean company-loved the scent and exfoliating sugars in this)
- Skin Food Strawberry Mask
- Mane and Tail (as you can tell by the three empty bottles, I do like this stuff and have two bottles waiting in the wings.)
- Clinique Moisture Surge Intense (does what it says)
- Clinique Moisture Surge Extended Thirst Relief
- Ole Henriksen Sheer Transformation (loved the texture and results after only two months or so.)
- Mario Badescu Drying Mask (love, however, I just bought a similar mask from Origins (Out of Trouble 10 minute mask) that works just as good)
- Boots Botanics Softening Body Wash (light scent, nice feel)
- Murray's (it will be another 10 years before I finish my new tin)
Liked, not loved/Maybe Re-buy
- Matrix Curl Life Spiraling Spray Gel & "Contouring Milk" (it appears they might not even make this anymore.)
- Tresseme Flawless Curls (thick creme texture; works well, no flakes, nice hold)
- Marc Anthony Strictly Curls (similar to every other decent to good curl creme)
- Physician's Formula eyeliners, browns and blacks. (I'm not sure they are worth the PF price, but when they go on sale, I'll probably get them again.)
- Clinique Acne Solutions (not as instant as I would like it to work; still good though.)
- Clinique Rinse Off Foaming Cleanser (decent, but I've found better waterproof mascara removers like theBalm's Balm's Away and Josie Maran's Argan Cleansing Oil.)
- Korres Pomegranate Mattifying Primer (I really like this one, but there are so many out there I have yet to try)
- B&BW Cherry Blossom Scrub (I've always liked this scent and thought this was a nice body/elbow/foot scrub)
- Paula's Choice Foundation Sample (medium coverage, semi-matte finish)
Hated/Will Not Buy
- Blinc Mascara, same issue as BW, itchy eyes. The formula was too wet for my liking.
- Too Faced Lash Injection, thankfully this was from a set. I would never buy this thick, goopy mascara
- Sephora Volumizing Mascara, weird brush, blah formula
- Olay moisturizer
- Clean & Clear "Mattifying" Moisturizer (blah)
- Neutrogena Blackhead Scrub (a little too rough for a scrub and I did not like the smell of it)
- The Body Shop White Musk Spritzer
- B&BW Midnight Pomegranate (too sweet smelling)
I got a Mario Badescu mask as a GWP from Ulta. I opened it a couple of weeks ago, and it looks like dried up clay. It is an off white color. If I have the same one you have, what are the directions for use? The sample does not say, so I was going to Google it to see how it works and if it is normal to look like that.